• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I don't like the Yamato in DmC

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I like how you can just call me "wrong" on something that you disagree with.

You're wrong on a hell of a lot of things, as well. Yet, I see no reason to point them out because others have already done so on countless threads before.

The only difference is that you deny it endlessly. Doesn't make you any less wrong.

Move on. Let it go.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
I like how you can just call me "wrong" on something that you disagree with.

You're wrong on a hell of a lot of things, as well. Yet, I see no reason to point them out because others have already done so on countless threads before.

The only difference is that you deny it endlessly. Doesn't make you any less wrong.

Move on. Let it go.
Oh come on, we call out on your bullshit and you don't even try to counter-argument at all? Just "YOU GUYS ARE WRONG!". If you have proof, show it. If not, don't bother arguing.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Oh come on, we call out on your bullshit and you don't even try to counter-argument at all? Just "YOU GUYS ARE WRONG!". If you have proof, show it. If not, don't bother arguing.
So, now you're telling me to shut up just because you don't like hearing my opinion? Reported for thread escalation.

IncarnatedDemon

I made this image showing the difference between OY and RY, feel free to point out where i am wrong ok? And just so you know that picture of RY is a concept art not a in-game "unpolished" pic:
Detail wise OY wins easily. Even one of the metal ornament has detail to it (the one near the guard, not ribbon one): CLICK PICTURE FOR BIGGER PICTURE!

30licyc.png

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Just made me think...did DMC3 Vergil ever all Yamato by its name?:/ American accents+ Japanese words= slightly off pronunication anyway. So, I don't think either Vergil would get the pronunciation exactly right.

Bullsh*t.

In Naruto there is a character named Yamato and the English VAs can pronounce his name right. Plus its not David's duty to make sure he is saying his lines right its the voice director/NT's and prior to DmC whenever someone said Yamato (well it was just Agnus and Arkham maybe) they pronounced it correctly.

I mean Dante never called his sword Rebellion...so by that logic Reuben can't pronounce rebellion. Just because Vergil never said the name of his weapon it doesn't mean he will get it wrong. DmC Vergil already pronounced Yamato (incorrectly) and since its in the game already there is no takes NO TAKES.

some people have issues with pronouncing words. But by your logic, if a master katana wielder can't say katana correctly, then he obviously doesn't know what he's doing right?

I've never seen a master katana wielder mispronounce katana. The same way I've never seen a master karate expert mispronounce karate.

I can understand if David had an accent but he had an American accent and was from America (he is not Timmy) and words like katana and Yamato can easily be said with American accents (before hearing the word Yamato I never pronounced it as bad as DmC Vergil). David's mistake to pronounce to Yamato is mostly the voice director or NT's fault for not letting David know this is how you pronounce the name correctly.

I know there are 2 ways to say Yamato (same for karate) but DmC Vergil said something completely different.

Plus how can you mess up pronouncing katana....especially with an American accent.

Even if people have issues with pronouncing words that is besides the point, David Lateour is professional actor its his duty to learn how to properly say his lines and pronounce his lines correctly...unless mispronouncing words is part of the script. I mean Timmy who had a British accent had to speak all his lines with an American accent.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
The old yamato is shown using pre-rendered art and the new yamato is shown using in-game graphics.

I don't remember in-game DmC Vergil's katana ever sticking out of the blade -- not in DmC nor in VD either.

I told you to let it go and yet you still persist. I saw that graph already, and you're not going to prove yourself right by showing the same images repeatedly.

I suggest you stop now. We're done here.

This is a hate thread, pure and simple.

You can try to cover it up with words like "discussion", "dislike", and "personal taste", but in the end, it's all sugar-coated toppings to hide the fact that you individuals need yet another reason to hate on DmC.
Then,what would be a forum if there aren't any opinions or arguments that can point out something,a forum is conceived of people with different taste,opinions and such.

I don't hate on DmC,I like it,but I can easily find mistakes in it and point them out,it's not a bad thing. I feel like not praising it.
I either don't like people who praise it so much and think it's the best thing ever and 'so much better than the original'.It's not,and I don't say the old ones are,but why don't we treat them equally and try to find pros AND cons in both of them and stop with this praising? It's a matter of preferences,there are things I don't like in the reboot and things I don't like in the original ones,simple as that. And this won't stop me saying my opinion because this way I can also see other people's arguments and facts that can even prove me wrong.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
So, now you're telling me to shut up just because you don't like hearing my opinion? Reported for thread escalation.
I never said anything about your opinion. You were trying to disprove people with literally no evidence and then get mad for us telling you were wrong.

You said the DmC Yamato fits into the scabbard, show us, don't just claim that it is so. You said that OP used only clean crisps images of the DMC3 Yamato to show us a "wrong view of the sword", show us proof that it looks different from what OP is saying.

It's simple as that.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Because you're not using fair judgement and finding flaws in both. You're just finding flaws in DmC and using the "It's my opinion" Shield.

Using Opinion and Free Speech Shields doesn't mean that the person in question isn't blatantly flaming the thread.

Stop hiding your intentions and just admit that you're bashing on DmC. At least have the courage to do that.

I told you to drop it. Reported.

@Unknown

No,If you would have read my other posts you would know I'm neutral and I haven't start any fights.At least I try to (it's hard here not to)
How do you know I hate a game based on one preference that is regarding a sword? Goddamn.You're judging me and you're basically telling me to shut up if I don't like something without even being hateful about it.
I'm starting to think nobody should even post on this forum anymore without being attacked for having a different opinion.
Give me a sign of 'hating' I did on here and I should believe you. My own beliefs and overall preferences,I keep them to myself, and I try to be peaceful,ask others.
Don't assume I'm hating on something without seeing me CLEARLY hating on it. Having a clever arguing and saying your own preferences that can obviously differ from yours (because this is the purpose of starting a thread) doesn't mean hating.
Now,where was all the hating I did? I did none,I didn't get in any fights and If I don't like something I try to point it out in a civilized manner.
Nowhere,sorry for saying this,but this is one of the reasons people leave this place,you're blatantly told to shut up if your opinion doesn't appeal to others,how do I know? Because I feel this too.

Zey

I came here to laugh at you.
This is a hate thread, pure and simple.

You can try to cover it up with words like "discussion", "dislike", and "personal taste", but in the end, it's all sugar-coated toppings to hide the fact that you individuals need yet another reason to hate on DmC.
http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/bro-team-dmc.15908/
http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/dmc-feels-like-a-proper-prequel-to-dmc1.15946/
http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/unused-audio.15924/
http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/this-guy-could-play-dante.15939/
http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/prototype-and-dmc.15888/

All these threads were created by the OP. I don't know his complete opinion of the game, but he doesn't look like a hater to me. By the way, even if someone like the game I'm sure it have things that they don't like and it's not really a problem discuss that.
Aren't you the person that want this thread closed because someone is expressing a negative opinion?
The old yamato is shown using pre-rendered art and the new yamato is shown using in-game graphics.
It doesn't change anything, you can perfectly see the differences with that quality.
I don't remember in-game DmC Vergil's katana ever sticking out of the blade -- not in DmC nor in VD either.
Look again. OP posted a picture showing that.
Because you're not usingfair judgement and finding flaws in both. You're just finding flaws in DmC and using the "It's my opinion" Shield.
I like the DMC version and I don't see any flaws to name, but the DmC version clearly has a lot to call them, is there a problem with that?
Stop hiding your intentions and just admit that you're bashing on DmC. At least have the courage to do that.
Now you aren't making sense anymore. You can't call out people like that, "Hiding intention"? "Admit it"? Seriously?
I told you to drop it. Reported.
So, you keep ignoring everything after you did that bullsh*t?

Thanks for ruining the thread, by the way.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
While I feel that the design was a little bland, you have to understand that it is a tool for killing. Vergil isn't going to a ball where he has to elegantly slice demons and get their feedback from them. A true warrior can pick up many types of weapons and be skilled with them. A design of something doesn't make it badass or cool, the wielder does.

We see weapons like this, and mostly our common sense say that "it's just a tool for killing" just like some things or aspects seems meaningless to some people who do not deal with them in a daily basis, like a programming code means nothing more than "computer stuff" to someone who doesn't understand computer science. This is why the warrior's mindset towards weapons is a little different, just like our clothes in modern days can tell a bit of who we are, for warriors dealing with other warriors their weapons could tell "who" they are, i'm getting a bit too much philosophical but lets try to show this in a more consistent way considering the mindsets of both Vergil and Dante:

Why could Vergil disdain firearms as a weapon of a "true warrior"?
Because he thinks that anyone, even with little MOTIVATION, skill and dedication can point a gun and pull a trigger roughly efficiently? Could be this what Vergil values in a warrior: dedication and skill? If it's true it becomes kinda clear that Vergil does not sees weapons just as "tools for killing", and sees a meaning in combat itself, seeing that a gun even in their universe can be just as useful as a big sword to slain demons and other things: this opposing between swords and guns being "true warrior's" weapon appeared even in human history in Japan during the Meiji Restoration for example, some samurais just refused to take a gun instead of a sword and started to be wandering swordsman looking for others with the same way of life to battle, test their skills and eventually die in a way they understanded as honored and brave; some other samurai decided to take on the "art of the riffle" (Teppo Jutsu) as another way of living as a warrior, and understanded this to be so honored and brave as the older one.

Dante doesn't have this same mindset and mostly "prove" that it's possible to make a skillfull use of a gun in battle, just as refined as you can get with a sword (in their own universe, obviously). I think their "opposing" in this terms of "what makes a warrior" comes from the "traditional vs modern" but they have similar values and morals behind this opposing: both the "traditional" and "modern" warriors in the end of the day needed to dedicate themselves to their very own arts and can take the path of a warrior from both ways, even with their disagreements. They have a common ground that make both of them warriors, that is the joy and meaning of battle by itself.

Vorgil and Donte does not take this "warrior mindset" forward, in the end of the game it becomes clear that fighting and combat in general are just as you said for them: ways to eliminate opposition, instead of a path of self-improvement, joy or a way of living that they want to keep or that they think that is impossible to extinguish. They want to bring peace (and in Donte's case, freedom) engaging in combat those who opposes their beliefs.

TL;DR

Vorgil and Donte sees combat as a way of reaching goals primarily, they not take combat as their duty and way of life and are portrayed more as these "political leaders" in a bigger plot, with their own beliefs in what is better for humanity. Dante and Vergil seeks combat and sees meaning and joy in combat itself, they take their duty as warriors and are portrayed as such by their creators. This is why i think "DmC Vergil doesn't look like a warrior and classic Yamato was meant to represent a warrior's weapon, so they don't fit too much."

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Bullsh*t.

In Naruto there is a character named Yamato and the English VAs can pronounce his name right. Plus its not David's duty to make sure he is saying his lines right its the voice director/NT's and prior to DmC whenever someone said Yamato (well it was just Agnus and Arkham maybe) they pronounced it correctly.
It's still got an American accent though, so it's not going to sound how the Japanese would say it. Comparing English dubs with the original Japanese, there is a noticeable difference.

True, NT voice directors should have cleared that and made sure it was said in the right way. But, it's not the end of the world.

As for Agnus....he came off as too 'Britshy' with the pronunciation:p
I mean Dante never called his sword Rebellion...so by that logic Reuben can't pronounce rebellion. Just because Vergil never said the name of his weapon it doesn't mean he will get it wrong. DmC Vergil already pronounced Yamato (incorrectly) and since its in the game already there is no takes NO TAKES.
It's an English word, so I hope he wouldn't get it wrong.:lol: If they guy couldn't say Rebellion, I'd be worried.

What I was saying was, American accents can be a hinderance to pronouncing foreign words because the phonetics are different. It's like when a British person learns Italian or Japanese....totally different way of pronouncing letters, so the words come out all funny at first.

So, I doubt either one of the actors could say Yamato exactly right. Besides, De Latour is already doing an American accent even thought he's from New Zealand...so I guess he's saying Yamato how an American would. Sounds about right to me.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It's an English word, so I hope he wouldn't get it wrong.:lol: If they guy couldn't say Rebellion, I'd be worried.

What I was saying was, American accents can be a hinderance to pronouncing foreign words because the phonetics are different. It's like when a British person learns Italian or Japanese....totally different way of pronouncing letters, so the words come out all funny at first.

So, I doubt either one of the actors could say Yamato exactly right. Besides, De Latour is already doing an American accent even thought he's from New Zealand...so I guess he's saying Yamato how an American would. Sounds about right to me.

Even so DmC Vergil's pronunciation of Yamato was the most offed one I've ever heard even for an American/British accent. Its not about it being pronounced exactly with a Japanese accent (you can pronounce karate and katana with an English and Japanese accent and they might sound different but there are certain ways they're pronounced within the English or Japanese vocabulary).

I've seen words like Yamato and even the word Yamato pronounced in American/English before trust me DmC Vergil said it wrong.

It doesn't matter to David but to Vergil's character he has been with the sword since he was young he should know to pronounce it the right way. If a character has to speak in a certain dialect/accent its the duty of the voice actor to fulfill that job (Tim did it).

For example, take Anarchy Reigns, the character Zero had to speak with a strong Japanese accent despite the fact the english voice actor was American and in no way Japanese or how the voice actor for Nikolai was able to skillfully to pronounce Russian phrases quite greatly and on key despite the fact Zach McGowan is American and not Russian.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Is the wielder really a badass if he can't pronounce the name of his own sword right (DmC Vergil)?

That's a terrible excuse.

Unknown are you aware that there are 2, yes 2 concept arts of RY? (Reboot Yamato)?
Yamato_DmC.png
tumblr_mnfhbgxoSS1ryfipvo2_500.jpg

Most people in beginning when comparing Yamato to RYamato used these pictures.

So your wrong. But i presume you knew that.

UGH! That edge! It drives me crazy at how slanted it looks!>_<

You have been everything but civilized. Reported.
Is that so? Tell me ONE post where I have been uncivilized.
You just changed my view on you,and it's because people like these others leave this place,it's because they don't have freedom of speech.It's the hurtful truth.
And since when starting arguments is a bad thing? Really now.
You don't prove you're smarter than anyone this way and you should realize it.
This ends here.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Reported for thread escalation.

Reported for language and starting arguments.

You have been everything but civilized in regards to this thread. Reported.

I've already seen people playing the victim before, but you take it into a whole new level when it comes to try and destroy everything you dislike:

y8PqmFb.jpg

Why don't you just try to stay away when someone makes a thread that will get your fragile emotions and opinions displeased? The most basic rule to debate something is to focus on discussing the subject besides the people debating with you. Otherwise it eventually turns in all that unnecessary crying and fighting instead of a debate.

Top Bottom