• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I don't know why people are so upset that Dante swears in this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
I'm perfectly fine though if anyone wants to open up a hypocrisy debate about proper use of language on a forum, whose related game is filled with F-bombs and curse words including "D1ck".

So far the impression I have of the people on this site (not as a whole but a large number of people) is that of a bunch of elitist ball sniffers who can't tolerate a differing opinion from their own.

3pteg0.jpg

Your warning goes unheard but you can rest assured that I'm dropping this subject as of after this post. Did I direct this towards anyone? It wasn't a personal insult then. Do you want Dante's d1ck?

STFU.jpg

I just have a low tolerance level for stupid bullshit.
Whether you disagree with the rules of the forum or not is neither here nor there; if you are breaking them you get warned then get out. As long as you're here though, keep making all these delightfully hypocritical statements and spamming obnoxious image macros. I'm sure that'll endear people to you immensely.

FuN Batman

Whether you disagree with the rules of the forum or not is neither here nor there; if you are breaking them you get warned then get out. As long as you're here though, keep making all these delightfully hypocritical statements and spamming obnoxious image macros. I'm sure that'll endear people to you immensely.

I have four things to say about your bullshit. Lets start with a bang shall we?

#1. Bullshit is not a curse word. It's bullshit. Haven't you heard of the seven dirty words? Also, are you always this prude with everyone that posts a single word you might consider unacceptable or are you just being a hypocrite in my case? I'm guessing the latter of the two.

#2. I was quoting previously mentioned statements in regards to when I mentioned "D1ck" once again. Furthermore, should DlCK REALLY BE A BAD WORD? What if my name is DlCK GRAYSON? Is Robin now not allowed on these forums because his name happens to be your interpretation as to what a bad word is?

What about Pussy in regards to a Cat? In fact, Pussy alone as a word isn't censored. Am I the ONLY ONE who notices this hypocrisy? Are you still taking me seriously at this point grandpa?

#3 I did not spam images, and whether or not they're annoying to you sounds like a personal problem. There is also no rule on the amount of images you're allowed to have in one post, but that's not one of the four bullshit things I have to say to you. Suffice to say, I made one large post to avoid spamming images. I took a lot of time to make my points, and I made certain to make sure it was at least going to be a interesting post unlike most of yours have been. (I'm joking, I'm joking.) ..... :D

#4. If I wanted to endear you, I'd buy you a drink and take you out to dinner toots.

Oh and the more you know? You can say "SHlT" on TV NOW! It's officially not a bad word.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Oh ****.
Don't be a prick to macabre like that, man..hell don't be a prick to anyone.
Also, Pussy did come from Cat.
the only reason pussy is used as an insult is because the way Cats get terrified easily..get scared, jump easily, etc.
Hence why people use it as an insult to people who are afraid.

Robin

#2. I was quoting previously mentioned statements in regards to when I mentioned "D1ck" once again. Furthermore, should DlCK REALLY BE A BAD WORD? What if my name is DlCK GRAYSON? Is Robin now not allowed on these forums because his name happens to be your interpretation as to what a bad word is?

What about Pussy in regards to a Cat? In fact, Pussy alone as a word isn't censored. Am I the ONLY ONE who notices this hypocrisy? Are you still taking me seriously at this point grandpa?
Yo dawg why dah hell can't I use my name? Admin! I demand you rectify this bowl of fluffy pussy cats!

Robin

obviously this is a dummy account made by the batman guy
If I were a dummy account of this "FuN Batman" wouldn't I be "FuN Robin?" Maybe you're just the "FuN Joker" in disguise trying to incriminate me. Not today Joker! Err.. FuN Joker!

Justice prevails another day.

(Check my IP and find out. Let's be honest now. You know I'm smarter than you, Fake Joker.)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
He swears quite frequently in the anime. I'm watching it right now, and so far he's said the SH word a few times and in the last episode called the Warden of a Demon prison a Chubby F**k (or was it Tasty F**k, don't remember). Regardless, it's clearly not outside Dante's character to use swear words.
I loved that part with the warden. Soooooo much. Pity they've removed the episode from youtube :(

On another note, I made Dante drop the F-bomb lots in my fanfic depictions of him. I felt it was the natural, in-line with his character thing to do. It certainly wasn't OOC, the fact is just that the previous games never quite went there.

Oh, also, if you were brilliant at combos in DMC4, you could get Nero to say '**** yeah'. But that's if you were really going for it.

S.F.W

King of Hearts
I loved that part with the warden. Soooooo much. Pity they've removed the episode from youtube :(

On another note, I made Dante drop the F-bomb lots in my fanfic depictions of him. I felt it was the natural, in-line with his character thing to do. It certainly wasn't OOC, the fact is just that the previous games never quite went there.

Oh, also, if you were brilliant at combos in DMC4, you could get Nero to say '**** yeah'. But that's if you were really going for it.
You sometimes get the feeling Dante wants to curse alot more in the anime than he does, but then decides he doesn't really give any f***s.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
I have four things to say about your bullshit. Lets start with a bang shall we?

Let's. It's everything to do with your confrontational, self-aggrandizing attitude. One of the rules concerns insulting other posters and generally acting like a knobhead [sic], and when you make these childish insults aimed at nobody specifically:

So far the impression I have of the people on this site (not as a whole but a large number of people) is that of a bunch of elitist ball sniffers who can't tolerate a differing opinion from their own.

It makes you look not only like a knobhead, but a coward as well. If you want to call out particular forum members for a debate, just do it. You don't have to put in grade-school level insults, you could just debate with them like an adult. You put 23 on your profile, act like it.

I would honestly take AlchemistFromEden's behaviour over yours. At least he avoids using image macros in place of cogent replies and he's actually funny.

If I were a dummy account of this "FuN Batman" wouldn't I be "FuN Robin?" Maybe you're just the "FuN Joker" in disguise trying to incriminate me. Not today Joker! Err.. FuN Joker!

Justice prevails another day.

(Check my IP and find out. Let's be honest now. You know I'm smarter than you, Fake Joker.)

It's actually even more sad if you got a friend to sign up to this forum for the purpose of delivering the weakest gag in the history of the universe. You couldn't come up with some kind of joke that parodies the ridiculous logical leaps they used to make in that show, ridiculing AfE for his "detective work"? I mean really, you couldn't come up with anything funnier to do with that Hideki account either? His holiness Kamiya would never condone such a brazen lack of creativity.

You're taking the ideas of better people, adding nothing, dumbing them down and acting surprised when people can't stand you. Your apotheosis to Tameem level is complete.

Honestly, we could have worked together to actually illustrate to people everything that's wrong with DmC, but quite frankly I'd sooner flay the skin off my scrotum than put up with your juvenile behaviour.

Onecrazymonkey1

I just have to say that Macabre is a class act and actually shows a pretty good example of how you should act Batman/Robin whatever your name is. Even if I disagree with his opinions about DmC the way he conducts himself never fails to impress (especially for a message board).

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
I just have to say that Macabre is a class act and actually shows a pretty good example of how you should act Batman/Robin whatever your name is. Even if I disagree with his opinions about DmC the way he conducts himself never fails to impress (especially for a message board).

That's very kind of you to say OCM, but I really don't think I deserve that kind of praise.

Alchy, you're truly a jerk. That's a fact. I'm more than happy to say much much more, but I'm not willing to stoop down to that level to insult someone who isn't worthy my time.

Internal hypocrisy right in the same paragraph! It's truly a miracle! I could use an image macro to illustrate my amusement and surprise, but I don't think I will!

Oh, and Protip: When you desperately edit posts to avoid getting banned, try not to fill the edit with additional insults. That probably won't help you become a mod.

FuN Batman

I promised Angel I'd be polite but this is impossible. I sure hope an admin reads all of this before he decides to do anything, because I feel like I'm due warranted a little self defense after Macabre has accused me of all this garbage.

Internal hypocrisy right in the same paragraph! It's truly a miracle! I could use an image macro to illustrate my amusement and surprise, but I don't think I will!

Oh, and Protip: When you desperately edit posts to avoid getting banned, try not to fill the edit with additional insults. That probably won't help you become a mod.
I'll start this off slow.

For one, I don't edit my posts to keep from getting banned, I edit them for typo's so I don't confuse your precious head. Also my personal experience "So far" and my "impression" is not a direct insult towards anyone, but it seems you've already forcefully placed yourself under that category. If I made a description of an elitist ball sniffer and you fill the roll after the fact, how am I to blame? I've done nothing wrong and the only post I edited that I could see was even remotely offensive was my George Carlin "STFU" picture. I'm sorry that bent you out of shape, but I apologized for your lack of comprehending such a geniuses message.

I'm sure George will forgive you.

Let's. It's everything to do with your confrontational, self-aggrandizing attitude. One of the rules concerns insulting other posters and generally acting like a knobhead [sic], and when you make these childish insults aimed at nobody specifically:
Well I'm sorry you feel that way. I wasn't trying to ruffle your jimmy's. Bullshit, as you notice, is not censored so I don't really consider it a bad word. As for whether me calling you out on bullshit is confrontational or not? I spew bullshit all the time, you know that. (See, I can joke against myself too.) I don't consider saying, that something someone said "is bullshit" confrontational. It's bullshit man. I disprove.

I respect you sometimes Macabre. I don't respect the fact that you call me out on bullshit, like when you call me a troll after I spend ten minutes to write a very well thought out post to you, but for the most part you don't bother me.

It's like stepping on some gum. You like gum, but you don't like it on your shoe. (I'm kidding. Calm the hell down.)

It makes you look not only like a knobhead,-

First of all, why should knob be allowed but the good ole D word isn't? It doesn't make sense. It's okay when you say bad words in the abstract sense but when I say them, "reported herp!" (If you can't tell by now I'm illustrating a point that I don't give a .. well.. you and I both know what I want to say.)

-but a coward as well. If you want to call out particular forum members for a debate, just do it. You don't have to put in grade-school level insults, you could just debate with them like an adult. You put 23 on your profile, act like it.

Secondly, .. oh boy.. You said it man. I wipe my hands clean.

I NEVER ONCE insulted anyone directly. Name a single time I insulted someone. And you know what Macabre? I don't give a flying kite if I'm breaking a rule at this point because I think my outrage needs to be heard for this imbecilic nonsense. (I did promise Angel that I would try to be polite, so I'll try my best, but no promises kiddo.) This is completely and utterly bullshit to be called out like this by you over something I never did, and without a single quote proving it. You're pulling this bullshit out of your ass at this point and it's honestly the most dishonest disgusting bullshit I've ever heard. You think me calling someone who is acting like a Jerk towards me is an insult? I could blow your imagination AWAY if that's your definition of an insult.

You'd honestly, be crippled after I was done talking to you. So don't tell me that bullshit. (Isn't that a great word btw?)

You may not like me, that's fine. You may think my style of arguing to be overly aggressive or just me being a douche bag, THAT'S FINE! I know that's what you think but I honestly don't give a lick. You're taking my distaste for a fictional character personally and interpreting it to be something it's not. I use facts and evidence to support my claims and what do I get? Straw-manned by not only you, but pretty much EVERYONE I've ever talked to on this site excluding one single post by S8ntmark that actually addressed a valid point. I could be wrong here and if I'm forgetting someone I apologize.

TerrorA at least makes an attempt to make valid points and address those of others. You and Alchy just cry about not getting your way and attack someones character rather than the actual discussion.

Everyone else? "DERP THAT'S YOUR OPINION BRO! U CURSED BRO! DANTE'S THE SAME BRO! REPORTED BRO!" Not a single flicking lick of evidence to support their bullshit. They make retarded claims without backing it up, I call them out, and nothing. At this point, your dream of getting me banned won't matter because as far as I'm concerned, not a single one of you (almost) is worth talking to with your pseudo intellectual bull. Your abuse and harassment certainly isn't worth putting up with. The only intelligent person I've talked to (or at least had a decent conversation with) as of late, is Angel, and he's impartial because he's an admin.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Prove me wrong. Show some evidence for your claims and stop talking out of your ass. Don't subvert my argument only to complain about my aggressiveness. I don't think I need your coaching, you're not an admin, mind your own god damn business if you don't have a point to make about the conversation.

I would honestly take AlchemistFromEden's behaviour over yours. At least he avoids using image macros in place of cogent replies and he's actually funny.
"I'd honestly take Alchy's behavior over yours!" OHHHHH! It burrrnnns! MY PUSSY HURTS! CATCH HER FROM THE TREE OFFICER!! *MEOW!!*

Are you five years old? Do you think I give a single care in the world about your preference of my behavior or your preference on how I make MY posts, with or without an image? Is there a rule saying I can't add a little comedy to my post? Do you seriously look at a picture of a stick figure and say, "That guy has less credibility." ON A VIDEO GAME THREAD? FOR REAL DOG? We're not discussing rocket science here and you haven't made a single cognitive reply to any of my arguments once so I don't think you're one to talk.

It's actually even more sad if you got a friend to sign up to this forum for the purpose of delivering the weakest gag in the history of the universe. You couldn't come up with some kind of joke that parodies the ridiculous logical leaps they used to make in that show, ridiculing AfE for his "detective work"? I mean really, you couldn't come up with anything funnier to do with that Hideki account either? His holiness Kamiya would never condone such a brazen lack of creativity.
I've spoken with Kamiya before and he actually trolls harder than I do. He even told me he enjoys it because of how stupid people can be, but that's besides the point. Kamiya would "b1tch you the f$ck out" (his words not mine) before you even uttered your wussy complaints about language and proper tone.

Do you even know who you're talking about? "His holiness"? Kamiya would laugh you out of the room if you said that stupid **** to him. And I didn't even make that Kamiya account so don't talk to me kid. Your opinion isn't needed or important enough to have any impact on what I, or my friends find funny or not.

Go write a book.

You're taking the ideas of better people, adding nothing, dumbing them down and acting surprised when people can't stand you. Your apotheosis to Tameem level is complete.

Taking the ideas from better people? So now you're going to accuse me of plagiarism? Yet, much like the other type of clowns I was talking about you make a claim and don't back it up. You're the coward bro, not me. If you're going to accuse me of something then do it. Don't dance around like you've got cold feet. What ideas? Name one. What am I taking from someone? Please. Get in line kid. I'm out of your league.

OH AN INSULT REPORTED! HE JUST INSULTED ME! I R SO MAD.

Please. You don't bother me in the slightest Macabre. The moment I turn my head from my monitor you'll cease to exist in my mind. Just another false accusing big nose who can't mind his own business.

I'm over you as of now.

FuN Batman

I wish I was as cool as FuN Batman and wasn't a big hypocrite that complains about insulting people in the post after I just insulted someone.
lmfao That's fine bro. I don't mind that. It wasn't for you, it was for everyone else to snip bits and pieces of. Everything you say I refute and all you do is cry.

As I said at the end, I'm over you. So mind your own business.

(Oh and for the record? Nothing you ever post will be challenging enough for me to even have the urge to post that meme. Because nothing you say is even remotely thought provoking. Your posts are broken records that nit pick the character of everyone else around you, but fails to even bring a single point or relevant argument to light.)

FuN Batman

Macabre is gum.

I love gum, but I just don't like it on my shoe. He should mind his own business and take his own advice.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Ok, guys? Enough.

FuN Batman, this has got to stop - it's not helping in any way, shape or form and after our discussions I really hoped my attention wouldn't be drawn in your direction any time soon. Gonna have to be a final warning here and I sincerely hope this doesn't happen again. Responding in kind to other people will only get you into trouble - use the ignore button if you can't get along with certain members and for the love of chocolate, don't take to posting on their profiles in furtherance to an argument.

Everyone else - come on, give me a break, will you? Just a little one, please. Consider yourselves (and you know who you are) to be officially warned. I cannot keep reminding you guys how communities work or how to not respond to those who wind you up or constantly use provocative material to try and get a rise out of you.

I'm a pretty firm believer in people getting a chance to change - and as I have said in numerous PMs to members over the past couple of weeks, we have former trolls among us today who have had to learn the hard way how to gel with an online community but they managed it and are now productive members. I sincerely hope that the same can be said of certain members in this thread.

I'm going to close it now, seeing as nothing useful has happened over the last couple of pages, and would like to ask again that you all think before posting and if all else fails, go do something else for a bit and chill out a while.

Ta.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Your warning goes unheard but you can rest assured that I'm dropping this subject as of after this post. Did I direct this towards anyone? It wasn't a personal insult then. Do you want Dante's d1ck?

As another member with a sense of humor said,

It wasn't a joke in response towards you, so lighten up. I don't like insulting people, (I certainly don't belligerently insult anyone, and if I am even rude, it's not without reason.) I speak with cold hard evidence and thoughtful dialog based on experience and corresponding reasonable logic.

My sense of humour is just fine its just your not very funny, just another member making smart ass comments trying to be a 'rebel'. Though the best joke you made was the following...

I speak with cold hard evidence and thoughtful dialog based on experience and corresponding reasonable logic.

Now I did have a little chuckle at that, well maybe you should use some of this apparent experience & logic & know when your walking a fine line with the staff & start listening instead of things going 'unheard'. We are after all trying to prolong peoples stays here & help members get to stay as banned members dont help add to forum content.

Everyone else there is no need to add any more fuel to the fire so yeah I agree with the thread closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom