• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I don't know why people are acting like the change is "too extreme"

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
No dude,ya don't. It's just the way you word it out that comes off as very...arrogant. Try to be more friendly with your post. People don't like it when somebody comes off stating that their opinion is clearly wrong.For example

If somebody told that to you,wouldn't it **** you off? That's so annoying and disrespectful,people are bound to be annoyed.

And this

not only were you the one wrong,you didn't even provide any evidence. If that's not arrogant to you,I don't know what is.
You can say I'm arrogant but I just speak my mind and wouldn't care if you take it with a grain of salt. You don't know me whatsoever. I think DMC 4 is the worst in the entire series and I explained why but because I flame a game you like you interpret it as some kind of insult? I don't know if you were there but this fanbase freaked the hell out over 4. They hated it as well. The reason why I hated 4 so much was how much of a dissapointment it was. I don't like 4 because it was a very lazy game and Capcom evidently just didn't give a crap about one of my favorite game series. Like Resident Evil 6 which was my 2012 worst game of the year. I'm quite the Resident Evil fan so you know how let down I was where the survival horror game becomes the mediocre action game. If you came in my face telling me how much you think Spider-Man sucks I wouldn't get all p!ssed off about it because while I love Spider-Man some people out there don't. If anything your post in this forum gives me that you actually think you're better than the people who enjoy DmC just because you enjoy the original series more. You flat out said it. I enjoy BOTH.

The very 1st Devil May Cry is still the best game out of the entire series. I still play that game to this day and have beaten it like a million times. You don't even care for the first one as much as 3 and 4 and I could throw out some sh!t at you saying "you're no real DMC fan because you don't think the original legend that started it off is the best." But I won't because not everyone in the world shares the same opinion. I can't freaking say anything good about DmC without getting my sh!t jumped constantly by a fanatical fanbase who acts like DmC is the worst game in the world which couldn't be farther from the truth and is absolutely ridiculous. It's a pretty strong title that is above the average mark. It's Devil May Cry to me and I don't mind the change in direction as much as you people do because I don't want to see the same exact crap all the time. I'm fine with it taking some creative liberties. And the final product wasn't bad. If Capcom did it I can be pretty sure it would be a hell of a lot worse.

Terrutas

You can say I'm arrogant but I just speak my mind and wouldn't care if you take it with a grain of salt.Hah,That's from Chaser. and I doubt you even know what that means.

You don't know me whatsoever. I think DMC 4 is the worst in the entire series and I explained why but because I flame a game you like you interpret it as some kind of insult? Quote me saying you insulted me,I dare you. And yeah,like half of your arguments are beyond invalid. I doubt you even bothered with the game,you probably just saw people hating on it and joined the hatewagon.

I don't know if you were there but this fanbase freaked the hell out over 4. They hated it as well. The reason why I hated 4 so much was how much of a dissapointment it was. Proves my last point.

I don't like 4 because it was a very lazy game and Capcom evidently just didn't give a crap about one of my favorite game series.Like Resident Evil 6 which was my 2012 worst game of the year.You know,don't take my word on it but I believe I heard they had their budget and time cut in half. and the game certainly reflects that. but yeah,I agree. It does seem rushed and just put out for the money. and oh my god you stated an opinion! how cute. I'm quite the Resident Evil fan so you know how let down I was where the survival horror game becomes the mediocre action game. If you came in my face telling me how much you think Spider-Man sucks I wouldn't get all p!ssed off about it because while I love Spider-Man some people out there don't. But the difference is,you come off as if you're way better than all the original series' fanbase. I'm not saying you said it,I'm saying you give that impression. Quite heavily,infact. and if you read other peoples' posts,you'll see that I'm not the only one who thinks so.

If anything your post in this forum gives me that you actually think you're better than the people who enjoy DmC just because you enjoy the original series more. You flat out said it. I enjoy BOTH. I also flat out said that I wasn't serious. Please read beyond the first section of my posts.

Personally,****The very 1st Devil May Cry is still the best game out of the entire series. I still play that game to this day and have beaten it like a million times. You don't even care for the first one as much as 3 and 4 and I could throw out some sh!t at you saying "you're no real DMC fan because you don't think the original legend that started it off is the best." And what lead you to that assumption? I also still play DMC1 to date,I only beat it's DMD mode two months ago. not all S rank,but I did.
But I won't because not everyone in the world shares the same opinion.< That's very funny coming from someone like you.
I can't freaking say anything good about DmC without getting my sh!t jumped constantly by a fanatical fanbase who acts like DmC is the worst game in the world,And it's not like there aren't DmC fans who think it's the best game in the world,one of them is your secret subordinate. I believe. :)

which couldn't be farther from the truth and is absolutely ridiculous.< That's very subjective.

It's a pretty strong title that is above the average mark. It's Devil May Cry to me and I don't mind the change in direction as much as you people do because I don't want to see the same exact crap all the time. I'm fine with it taking some creative liberties. And the final product wasn't bad. If Capcom did it I can be pretty sure it would be a hell of a lot worse.

This thread is going to get closed anyway,meh.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
This thread is going to get closed anyway,meh.
What the hell is Chaser? I know what the phrase means and it's a common figure of speech. I didn't think anyone own this phrase or something. Quit trying to twist my words around because I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone. I may be speaking in a very direct manner but you can obviously tell what is an opinion and what's truly fact. I don't need to clarify what every single one of my opinions are because I thought I'd be talking to people who understand what they read. And this is just being silly.

I'm not jumping on any bandwagon and if anything the people who hate DmC are part of some bandwagon shallow hate filled circle jerk. Most of them can only give rash judgements honestly repeating the same thing over and over and refuse to even play the game. How can think they think they have a legit verdict if they never even played it? Come on. If I wanted to jump on any bandwagon I should have been on the opposing side of DmC because if I said "DMC is the best series ever and DmC totally sucks" then none of the fanboys would would tell me anything. If I wanted to spare myself some grief I should just say "DmC sucks." I know you wouldn't say anything about it. I can totally freaking insult the hell out of you right now but I'll be tame because I don't want to get in trouble. I don't mind having a simple debate, but don't pull stupid crap like this. It's freaking obvious my views on DMC 1 as the best in the series and why 4 is the worst is my opinion. I don't need to clarify it!

I don't care what game you like, that's you. I don't care if you think my favorite games are bad. My favorite gaming series is probably Metal Gear Solid. Also Zelda and MegaMan rank high too. I'm more of a retro gamer anyway. DmC was the first new game I bought since Batman: Arkham City because I can't buy video games as much as I use to. I still enjoy DmC and I see nothing wrong with that. The thing is though too is that you care more about my opinions than I do yours. To be blunt I don't give a crap what you like. It holds no relevance to me. Don't act like your opinions are better just because you say "this is my opinion." I don't think I need to say that.

Terrutas

What the hell is Chaser? ChaserTech,that guy that told you the same thing?
I know what the phrase means and it's a common figure of speech. I don't see any sort of elaboration. :p

I didn't think anyone own this phrase or something. Quit trying to twist my words around because I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone.I may be speaking in a very direct manner but you can obviously tell what is an opinion and what's truly fact.I know you're not. as I previously stated It's the wording you use that makes it seem that way and it makes people feel quite unpleasant.

I don't need to clarify what every single one of my opinions are because I thought I'd be talking to people who understand what they read. And this is just being silly. It's all about being nice and respectful.

I'm not jumping on any bandwagon and if anything the people who hate DmC are part of some bandwagon shallow hate filled circle jerk. Most of them can only give rash judgements honestly repeating the same thing over and over and refuse to even play the game.Except...most of them DID play the game. And do give it credit where it's due. or atleast to my impression. And how are their points invalid? They're just saying they don't like the story which is subjective and complain about the color coded enemies which are obviously a bad choice because it limits the player. which is NOT what the series was about.

How can think they think they have a legit verdict if they never even played it? Come on. If I wanted to jump on any bandwagon I should have been on the opposing side of DmC because if I said "DMC is the best series ever and DmC totally sucks" then none of the fanboys would would tell me anything. If I wanted to spare myself some grief I should just say "DmC sucks."Do what you will. I ain't trying to force you to do anything. I'm just attempting at showing you why people say what they do.
I know you wouldn't say anything about it. I can totally freaking insult the hell out of you right now but I'll be tame because I don't want to get in trouble.I can also insult the hell out of you. But I show respect because you're a fellow forum member.
I don't mind having a simple debate, but don't pull stupid crap like this. It's freaking obvious my views on DMC 1 as the best in the series and why 4 is the worst is my opinion. I don't need to clarify it! Perhaps it is,and I'm just being dumb. But I still REQUEST that you do it because it shows respect and it lets adult and civil discussions continue.

I don't care what game you like, that's you.That's fine. ;( (I ain't crying.
I don't care if you think my favorite games are bad. My favorite gaming series is probably Metal Gear Solid. Also Zelda and MegaMan rank high too. I'm more of a retro gamer anyway.I wasn't asking what games you like.
DmC was the first new game I bought since Batman: Arkham City because I can't buy video games as much as I use to. I still enjoy DmC and I see nothing wrong with that.I don't see anything wrong with that either. Infact i'm happy you do! games are about enjoyment anyway!

The thing is though too is that you care more about my opinions than I do yours.I don't actually care about opinions. I do care about respecting other people because it's part of being an adult.
To be blunt I don't give a crap what you like. It holds no relevance to me. Don't act like your opinions are better just because you say "this is my opinion." I don't think I need to say that I'm not acting like my opinion is better. I'm just saying you're being disrespectful..
Okay,Stop missing the damn point. this is getting rather frustrating. Okay,if you want to keep discussing this please go to PMs. I don't want this thread to die. :(

crush

Yeah, I agree. The thread "I don't know why people are acting like the change is extreme." Is getting extreme in itself.
Of course everyone has their dislikes, but screaming out in a void of the net will get nothing but unwanted attention.
Stop the provoking words and nit-picks. By the looks of it the admins posts are getting threatning everyday. (Shudder)

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
And this is just your opinion, just like Chancey gave his opinion.

Most of what I wrote there is not my opinion. The characters from DmC and DMC are all pretty cliché, the games aren't marvels of human creation by any means. DMC3 and DMC4 have intuitive gameplay, there's no opinion in that. If you **** up playing DMC3 and DMC4, not knowing what the hell you're doing, that's your problem, not the games'. The textures in DmC are pretty bad, there's no way around that. The characters aren't excellent either. I could go on and on, but I already wrote it in that last post of mine, so I'm not going to repeat it.

I'll admit that saying ''at least it had badass characters'' is an opinion. Everybody has a different definition of what makes a good character. But saying DmC has awesome textures or top notch acting is absolute bullcrap, as those are things you can measure fairly accurately. And so is saying DMC needed a reboot, which is an important point I made. Most of my statements hold true, including ''Devil May Cry never had deep characters or a deep story''. Look, I'm not going to debate this with you, because I know it's not going to be a debate. It'll just be people going: ''I think new Dante sucks'', you know? Arguments without a factual basis but rather an emotional one.

I'll stick mainly to the facts. Yes, you'll find my opinion in there. You can tell it's my opinion because I put ''I personally (hate)'' in front of it. I know you shouldn't have to show it's your opinion, but some people do get offended when you act like your opinion is that of the majority of all people or something. Telling other people they're wrong for having a different opinion is not the way to go.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Using the term "westernization" as if it is a bad thing makes me really think you just want your anime game and are one of those anime fans who put Japan above everything else in the world constantly. I'm the type of person that doesn't tend to separate things on the same medium from the most part because I view entertainment media for what it is. The East pushes out just as much bad as anywhere else. Don't try to act like they are better just because you personally like it more.

I don't act like they're better. What I said was that DMC has lost its original identity. I don't care whether it was created by Polish people or Danes or Italians or whatever. I'm saying that they needed to let DMC remain DMC instead of stripping away many of the things that helped make it DMC. I don't care about change, normally, but I wouldn't want to see one of my friends go 'gangsta' on me like he's trying to be cool, smoking weed whenever he can. I choose my friends for who they are, not for what they may or may not become. If that friend turned into someone I couldn't recognize and who didn't share any of my interests, he would probably not be my friend anymore. Kind of the same as with DMC. I didn't get into the series and buy all the games to watch it turn into something else - something I don't like.

I'm not particularly a fan of Inuyasha but when the similarities come across as pretty much a shameless rip off then you do become nothing more than a ripoff for the most part. Let's examine it.

1. Dante and Vergil were both half demon born of a demon father and human mother (Inuyasha and Sesshomaru too)
2.One is a punk while the other is more regal (Inuyasha is very brash and kind of punkish, Sesshomaru is sophisticated and collected)
3.They inherit specific and special swords formed from mainly their father's side (Tetsuga and Tensaiga, don't care if I spelled that right or wrong right now)
4. One embraces his demon heritage more so than his sibling while the other feels compassion and the need to protect humans. (Sesshomaru sports demon pride , while Inuyasha plays hero and hooks up with a human girl, multiple times)
5. Their parents are dead.
-We could say how devil trigger is similar to that full moon full demon Inuyasha sh!t too but I'll let that slide.
- On an extra note Dante is also clearly like that Alucard dude from Hellsing with the personality of that Cobra dude from Cobra Space Adventure.

Yes, this all makes it a shameless ripoff of Inuyasha. How dare Capcom let Dante and Vergil be half demons. How dare they let them be polar opposites (as you can see in many TV shows and movies, western and eastern alike). How dare they let them inherit swords from their father. Look, this is all pretty insignificant stuff. So it's based on Inuyasha, quite possibly. Big deal. That doesn't make it a ripoff.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think the problem with the OP's beginning was that he or she didn't specify which of the changes they were talking about.

for the sake of my argument, I would stick to the initial TGS10 trailer. I felt the reason why people were against that trailer was that it went too far with its changes to where you couldn't tell it was a Devil May Cry game unless they told you. You couldn't reconcile the two in your head so that's why people freaked.

Granted Devil May Cry is not that well established in the sense of its world building as you don't get a sense of the world outside of whatever secluded location you were in so Limbo City could exist in DMC Classic. Plus Dante and the rest characters are still undeveloped as people with their character histories left blank so you have a lot of freedom.

You could easily do a story-line(or what it was hinting as in TGS10) as part of Dante's history just as easy as you could just done DMC4 with a young Dante/Vergil before the events of DMC3. You could have kept the whole "member of the order of the sword" and "raised in Fortuna" thing as part of their histories as you don't actually know how they grew up after their mom died etc.

People liked to compare the TGS10 changes to new look Cole had back when Infamous 2 had as they both sparked similar controversies within their fan-bases but there were a few key differences between the scenarios.

A difference is that SP actually created Infamous so you could say they had more right to mess with Cole than NT did with Dante. A bigger difference was that SP's reasons were defensible and followed a logical thought process were Capcom/NT reasons just felt like "change for the sake of change".

They changed Cole's look because they had a new VA who also was doing the mo-cap plus they liked what he brought to the table regarding Cole's character. Plus Cole's look was critically panned as being generic so they didn't think people would care too much.

With DmC, Capcom established that they asked NT to go drastically different after their initial redesign stuck close to the vest which begged the question as to why it was important for them to drastically Dante so for some fans, the question became why didn't they try to find a middle ground between NT's pitch and the classic series?

Its not like they couldn't have found one as the character Haine Rammsteiner from the manga Stray Dogs looked like a good middle ground between the two.

http://myanimelist.net/character/3963/Haine_Rammsteiner
http://www.google.com/searchq=haine...QG2m4DQDg&sqi=2&ved=0CEIQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=667
or
http://jarein.deviantart.com/art/Dante-Improved-Redesign-252201566

GF9000000Returns

I think the problem with the OP's beginning was that he or she didn't specify which of the changes they were talking about.

for the sake of my argument, I would stick to the initial TGS10 trailer. I felt the reason why people were against that trailer was that it went too far with its changes to where you couldn't tell it was a Devil May Cry game unless they told you. You couldn't reconcile the two in your head so that's why people freaked.

Granted Devil May Cry is not that well established in the sense of its world building as you don't get a sense of the world outside of whatever secluded location you were in so Limbo City could exist in DMC Classic. Plus Dante and the rest characters are still undeveloped as people with their character histories left blank so you have a lot of freedom.

You could easily do a story-line(or what it was hinting as in TGS10) as part of Dante's history just as easy as you could just done DMC4 with a young Dante/Vergil before the events of DMC3. You could have kept the whole "member of the order of the sword" and "raised in Fortuna" thing as part of their histories as you don't actually know how they grew up after their mom died etc.

People liked to compare the TGS10 changes to new look Cole had back when Infamous 2 had as they both sparked similar controversies within their fan-bases but there were a few key differences between the scenarios.

A difference is that SP actually created Infamous so you could say they had more right to mess with Cole than NT did with Dante. A bigger difference was that SP's reasons were defensible and followed a logical thought process were Capcom/NT reasons just felt like "change for the sake of change".

They changed Cole's look because they had a new VA who also was doing the mo-cap plus they liked what he brought to the table regarding Cole's character. Plus Cole's look was critically panned as being generic so they didn't think people would care too much.

With DmC, Capcom established that they asked NT to go drastically different after their initial redesign stuck close to the vest which begged the question as to why it was important for them to drastically Dante so for some fans, the question became why didn't they try to find a middle ground between NT's pitch and the classic series?

Its not like they couldn't have found one as the character Haine Rammsteiner from the manga Stray Dogs looked like a good middle ground between the two.

http://myanimelist.net/character/3963/Haine_Rammsteiner
http://www.google.com/searchq=haine rammsteiner&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=BZcrUZu8GeT00QG2m4DQDg&sqi=2&ved=0CEIQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=667
or
http://jarein.deviantart.com/art/Dante-Improved-Redesign-252201566

Yeah but I'm not talking about the TGS10 stuff, I'm talking about the now. And right now people are saying this game doesn't deserve the DMC name because they just do it for the sake of hating, in other words, blind hate. I'm trying to say that this game didn't really go that far by changing, it still has its gameplay even though it's a bit toned down, got its weapons, it has everything that a DMC game is all about. If anything I think it's just the character they are b*tching about, and I'm not just talking about the hair, I'm talking about the whole package. Personality, moves, all that.

This Dante is just like the DMC3 one, only a year older and a bit more douchier, that's all.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Um, yes it totally is. Overall I think you're giving Devil May Cry way more credit than it deserves because the beloved franchise is not so special to begin with. I don't think DmC is some masterpiece in the story department but it's still Devil May Cry at the end of the day just instead of being an generic anime it goes for a more contemporary setting. It sure as hell isn't any worst than the stories of the previous games you put on such a high chair. I see Devil May Cry in DmC which is why I look at DmC as if it's the Ultimate version to the original's "Earth 616". Needless to say, Devil May Cry never had an identity of its own. It had an identity that was never consistent and honestly just pieced together things from many other existing things in a very obvious manner. Kind of like Halo.

Devil May Cry was built of the foundation of Resident Evil and I think Capcom just threw a game together and saw $ signs. Then they made DMC 2 which totally was like George Lucas making a Star Wars movie because even he doesn't know why people love the series he created. Capcom doesn't fully understand why people like their games. Devil May Cry is all style and no substance but it's also a style someone changes because they can't figure out what to wear. The game and Dante changed with every title. Making the reboot no different to this trend. But what makes Devil May Cry Devil May Cry is still there. Just with a different looking skin. You just see the lack of anime style which makes you think it's such a drastic change. Overall what matters about Devil May Cry is there and the anime look is very trivial in my eyes because it never was very good.I love the games, never really freaking cared about its style. I love anime but I like good ones. DMC doesn't make a good one.

After playing it and playing every other Devil May Cry in the series as well, the change is not drastically different at all, for better or worse. DmC can still get as silly as it's counterpart but it does strike me as the most self aware of the entire batch. Plus the art style and things like Limbo give it the most distinct and original look the series has ever seen. There are some really f*cking good aesthetics in DmC. More so than any of the designs of the previous series which has a world that fits just as well in a Castlevania game. Doesn't bring anything visual exciting or special to the gothic fantasy table.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Hmm let's try to read these post. Catch up a bit. *Looks at long ass paragraphs*

Jesus Christ somebody shoot me....

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Um, yes it totally is. Overall I think you're giving Devil May Cry way more credit than it deserves because the beloved franchise is not so special to begin with. I don't think DmC is some masterpiece in the story department but it's still Devil May Cry at the end of the day just instead of being an generic anime it goes for a more contemporary setting. It sure as hell isn't any worst than the stories of the previous games you put on such a high chair. I see Devil May Cry in DmC which is why I look at DmC as if it's the Ultimate version to the original's "Earth 616". Needless to say, Devil May Cry never had an identity of its own. It had an identity that was never consistent and honestly just pieced together things from many other existing things in a very obvious manner. Kind of like Halo.

Devil May Cry was built of the foundation of Resident Evil and I think Capcom just threw a game together and saw $ signs. Then they made DMC 2 which totally was like George Lucas making a Star Wars movie because even he doesn't know why people love the series he created. Capcom doesn't fully understand why people like their games. Devil May Cry is all style and no substance but it's also a style someone changes because they can't figure out what to wear. The game and Dante changed with every title. Making the reboot no different to this trend. But what makes Devil May Cry Devil May Cry is still there. Just with a different looking skin. You just see the lack of anime style which makes you think it's such a drastic change. Overall what matters about Devil May Cry is there and the anime look is very trivial in my eyes because it never was very good.I love the games, never really freaking cared about its style. I love anime but I like good ones. DMC doesn't make a good one.

After playing it and playing every other Devil May Cry in the series as well, the change is not drastically different at all, for better or worse. DmC can still get as silly as it's counterpart but it does strike me as the most self aware of the entire batch. Plus the art style and things like Limbo give it the most distinct and original look the series has ever seen. There are some really f*cking good aesthetics in DmC. More so than any of the designs of the previous series which has a world that fits just as well in a Castlevania game. Doesn't bring anything visual exciting or special to the gothic fantasy table.

Who are you responding to, exactly? I don't see any comment you outlined.

If you're responding to me, I guess I need to inform you that I said nothing about DMC being excellent, nor did I say anything of the sort about its story. It's gone from being one type of generic to another type of generic. Take your pick, one is not better than the other.

When two games have totally different background stories, different characters, different backdrops or worlds (Limbo wasn't even in the original DMCs), different gameplay and so on, I wouldn't say it's part of the same franchise or series. I don't call a slice of salty ham 'salami'.
Sure, the series was never quite consistent, but does that justify changing it so drastically? In the end, most of the DMC games took place in roughly the same mythos. The most important difference between the past games would be Dante. He was different in each installment, but the rest seemed pretty uniform to me. It's just that no game took place in the same area. In DMC3, you run around in the Temen Ni Gru and other areas, whereas you run around in a castle in DMC1. Nobody cares. It's still the same universe with the same theme of enemies and environments and such. Heck, I don't think I even mentioned the anime style, or maybe once. You think that's people's issue with the game? Come on. Besides, you're acting like DMC is nothing more than an anime story or something. It's a video game.

The point is, you don't change something just for the sake of change. It's not fair to the people who grew up with your product, and judging from how many employees left Capcom, I'd say it's not fair to them either. But it's just business, isn't it? They aim to please the largest demographic as little as possible so that they can reel in the dough. Good for them, but I won't be part of it. If they didn't know what they were doing when creating DMC1 and so on, they should've given it more thought. When you establish a product, you make sure you stay true to it. If you have to make big changes like with DMC2 and so on, that means you didn't give the game enough thought when you initially created it. You just don't develop a game and go ''well, that was a mistake''. They should've done it right the first time. Sure, you can improve on the games, but you can't go in another direction once the product's out there. Expect huge backlash if you do.

It's clear we disagree on the issue of 'Is DmC a Devil May Cry game', and that's fine. It's just that I get agitated when people tell me I'm wrong for having a certain opinion. If you like DmC, great. After four previous games that got rebooted, a mediocre amount of fun with a game that doesn't feel like Devil May Cry isn't enough for me. Believe it or not, I'd be happy if they just said DMC is dead and they started work on something better.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Who are you responding to, exactly? I don't see any comment you outlined.

If you're responding to me, I guess I need to inform you that I said nothing about DMC being excellent, nor did I say anything of the sort about its story. It's gone from being one type of generic to another type of generic. Take your pick, one is not better than the other.

When two games have totally different background stories, different characters, different backdrops or worlds (Limbo wasn't even in the original DMCs), different gameplay and so on, I wouldn't say it's part of the same franchise or series. I don't call a slice of salty ham 'salami'.
Sure, the series was never quite consistent, but does that justify changing it so drastically? In the end, most of the DMC games took place in roughly the same mythos. The most important difference between the past games would be Dante. He was different in each installment, but the rest seemed pretty uniform to me. It's just that no game took place in the same area. In DMC3, you run around in the Temen Ni Gru and other areas, whereas you run around in a castle in DMC1. Nobody cares. It's still the same universe with the same theme of enemies and environments and such. Heck, I don't think I even mentioned the anime style, or maybe once. You think that's people's issue with the game? Come on. Besides, you're acting like DMC is nothing more than an anime story or something. It's a video game.

The point is, you don't change something just for the sake of change. It's not fair to the people who grew up with your product, and judging from how many employees left Capcom, I'd say it's not fair to them either. But it's just business, isn't it? They aim to please the largest demographic as little as possible so that they can reel in the dough. Good for them, but I won't be part of it. If they didn't know what they were doing when creating DMC1 and so on, they should've given it more thought. When you establish a product, you make sure you stay true to it. If you have to make big changes like with DMC2 and so on, that means you didn't give the game enough thought when you initially created it. You just don't develop a game and go ''well, that was a mistake''. They should've done it right the first time. Sure, you can improve on the games, but you can't go in another direction once the product's out there. Expect huge backlash if you do.

It's clear we disagree on the issue of 'Is DmC a Devil May Cry game', and that's fine. It's just that I get agitated when people tell me I'm wrong for having a certain opinion. If you like DmC, great. After four previous games that got rebooted, a mediocre amount of fun with a game that doesn't feel like Devil May Cry isn't enough for me. Believe it or not, I'd be happy if they just said DMC is dead and they started work on something better.
I was responding to you but I must have messed up on the reply. My bad.

Fanboys will just be fanboys. The change revolves around the entire concept of reboot and I commend NT for going forth with creative confidence despite being bashed at every turn from a very shallow and narrow minded fanbase that can mainly b!tch about trivial aspects of a hack n slash game. They retooled elements from the Devil May Cry series but that is expected. A series does not reboot if everything was going in the right direction. Your purist fanboy views do not speak or represent the entire fandom and you're acting like the idea to do a reboot was just for the hell of it. Take off your fanatical fanboy glasses and just look at all the factors that go in to making such a decision especially for a series like Devil May Cry.

Domenic93

I was responding to you but I must have messed up on the reply. My bad.

Fanboys will just be fanboys. The change revolves around the entire concept of reboot and I commend NT for going forth with creative confidence despite being bashed at every turn from a very shallow and narrow minded fanbase that can mainly b!tch about trivial aspects of a hack n slash game. They retooled elements from the Devil May Cry series but that is expected. A series does not reboot if everything was going in the right direction. Your purist fanboy views do not speak or represent the entire fandom and you're acting like the idea to do a reboot was just for the hell of it. Take off your fanatical fanboy glasses and just look at all the factors that go in to making such a decision especially for a series like Devil May Cry.
Tameem and Alex Jones made their bed now they have to sleep in it. we seem to be a big enough to effect the sales dramatically, even with the gaming press saying that anyone who hates it is only upset about the hair, and were sing it's praises.

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
Lets just stop here. I already tellmuch more then wanted in the begining. So long talk short - changes are not too extrime. They just not change from bad to good. They from normal to bad. From enjoyable hollow and cartoonish to Twilight saga. Thus many fans hate them.
Twilight saga?

How this:
images

looks anything like this:
Edward_Cullen.jpg

Seriously, tell me how they look the same? objectively.

The only similarity I see is the "Chin down, eyes up" face, but everyone uses it now

snausages

They're both clean cut and good looking. They have defined jawlines and funky hairdos. I'm guessing that's where the comparisons come from. To be honest, I think you'd have to be blind to not notice how similar they look.

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
They're both clean cut and good looking. They have defined jawlines and funky hairdos. I'm guessing that's where the comparisons come from. To be honest, I think you'd have to be blind to not notice how similar they look.

images

By that logic, any good-looking male character is from Twilight

Man! I guess Nathan Drake is too! and Raiden! and OG Dante!

"WE LIKE UGLY MOFOS IN OUR GAMES!! LIKE KRATOS!! BECAUSE WE ARE SO MANLY AND SECURE OF OUR SEXUALITY!"

That's pretty much what you're all saying if you complain about a good looking character

Top Bottom