• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I don't know why people are acting like the change is "too extreme"

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
We just have to realize that the butthurt is not psychosomatic. People have good reasons for disliking DmC, and to just call them haters would be beneath you and all who like DmC. Discuss it or don't, but don't go ''get over it'' every time you see a thread like this. One comment isn't going to magically make it better. Sorry if that sounds pessimistic.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Both sides are to blame here, as both sides keep discussing it. Don't put all the blame on just one side. There's butthurt all around this community.

I agree, both sides are certainly to blame, but if we all just stopped discussing then all that would be left are the trolls. The only way to build this community again is by people openly discussing their opinions and not getting in a hissy about them.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Stop trying to make blame where there isn't any, if you actually READ the thread you'll see plenty of people making GOOD arguments for the style system, i know for damn sure i've already suggested a compromise for both parties which is what discussion helps breed.

By your logic, why even bother with alot of things in life? Why bother with government for example? That sure as hell just goes around in a circle.

So no, the only butthurt i'm seeing around in this thread is coming from you, i advise dropping the subject or prepare to become the subject of further mockery.

ZeroLove

Stop trying to make blame where there isn't any, if you actually READ the thread you'll see plenty of people making GOOD arguments for the style system, i know for damn sure i've already suggested a compromise for both parties which is what discussion helps breed.

By your logic, why even bother with alot of things in life? Why bother with government for example? That sure as hell just goes around in a circle.

So no, the only butthurt i'm seeing around in this thread is coming from you, i advise dropping the subject or prepare to become the subject of further mockery.

I never said anything about people chatting about the style system. It's the whole "Tameem doesn't think original Dante looks cool" arguement that keeps biting my ass on this forum. I was hoping people were mature enough to just let it go, put it behind them.

By all means, please do continue to discuss the gameplay differences.

Rayl

Aaaaaaaactually we were discussing the fact that original dante doesn't look cool, make no mistake i don't think new Dante doesn't look all that cool either. The fact we're actually discussing is that we kinda actually agree with him.

We don't think original Dante is cool at all, we were actually saying though it's part of his charm and part of what makes him so fun. He THINKS he's cool but he kinda isn't. The discussion is a subversion of what you thought we were discussing.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
This is what Japanese developers seem to enjoy doing; creating either a cool character or a character that's over the top and gets cheesy because of it. They're no fools; they know it's over the top, campy, whatever. I think they often like stereotypes and all that. I can't believe some people still don't realize that.

ZeroLove

This is what Japanese developers seem to enjoy doing; creating either a cool character or a character that's over the top and gets cheesy because of it. They're no fools; they know it's over the top, campy, whatever. I think they often like stereotypes and all that. I can't believe some people still don't realize that.

Have you seen any animé's? They are all FULL of stereotypes! That is what the Japanese seem to find entertaining, but then again... Hollywood movies are full of stereotypes as well, they are just different.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Back onto gameplay, one thing I've always struggled with is how is DmC is more accessible?. As it was said in this thread the older DMC never really felt like the combat was too complex for a casual to get their head around (the opposite actually, in fact that's what got me into the series) so are people refereeing to advanced combat when they talk about accessibility or something else?

EDIT:
Have you seen any animé's? They are all FULL of stereotypes! That is what the Japanese seem to find entertaining, but then again... Hollywood movies are full of stereotypes as well, they are just different.

have you seen many different types of anime? not all of it is cliched fighting or stereotypes. Anime is prob more diverse than most entertainment mediums.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot

Yup, that's right. But it tends to get more deliberately cheesy with them rather than 'serious badass guy' in Hollywood movies. Anyway, that was a bit off-topic, I guess. Should get back to the issue at hand. By the way, anime is without an accent on the 'e', and it's already plural. Sorry, spelling/grammar nazi again.

Rayl

I think i'll take this moment to reveal the greatest exhibit of this actually.

THE GREATEST GAME DENIED TO US I SAY.

Rayl

Yeah, because they're basically passing off their view on 'cool' as fact.

I don't trust his definition of cool anyway, if he knew what he was talking about then he'd know that it's bowties that are cool.

11th_doctor_1222.jpg

and probably a fez. Maybe a stetson.

Rayl

Actually they said "What was cool 12 years ago, isn't cool now." the key word there being "isn't" that isn't a declaration of opinion because they did not say "We believe" or "in our opinion" therefore they are declaring it as if it were a fact.

Edit: Whoops, got ninja'd on that one.

ZeroLove

Then ponder this.

Think 12 years back. Take whatever you thought was cool then. Not just Dante, but in general.
Now, would those things be considered cool today? The answer should generally be no. And do you know why? Because times are changing. The definition of cool is different from person to person, but what is generally seen as cool is a definition that is different today than what it was 12 years ago. So he isn't really wrong in that statement.

Actually they said "What was cool 12 years ago, isn't cool now." the key word there being "isn't" that isn't a declaration of opinion because they did not say "We believe" or "in our opinion" therefore they are declaring it as if it were a fact.

Edit: Whoops, got ninja'd on that one.

You could say you got Ninja theoried!

*ba dum tsss*

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
"what was cool 12 years ago isn't cool now"

There's no "in our opinion" in that quote, sounds like it was passed off as a fact.
Going by your logic, if I say "Calculus isn't difficult", I'm saying that calculus is factually easy since I did not put the phrase "in my opinion" in my sentence. One doesn't need to put that phrase in as any rational thinking person would know how to differentiate between opinions and facts.

ZeroLove

Going by your logic, if I say "Calculus isn't difficult", I'm saying that calculus is factually easy since I did not put the phrase "in my opinion" in my sentence. One doesn't need to put that phrase in as any rational thinking person would know how to differentiate an opinion from a fact.

The keyword being "Rational"... remember, we are talking about fanboys/girls of a gaming community. Rationality is not the word I would use to describe such a group of people.

Top Bottom