• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I don't know why people are acting like the change is "too extreme"

Martius

SSSmokin!
Well,I found him to be funny at some points in DMC3. since it was my kind of rain ;)

But yeah,he wasn't supposed to be funny. just ridiculous and corny,which is for me,what made him very likable as an iconic character.
I like Dante in dmc3 and 4 because of that, he is so absurd and over the top it is actual funny. I dont like lack of humor in DmC. In that matter Capcom or NT could hire some comic to make sure there will be some humour. Monthy Python are British, i am sure there are also other people there who know how to make others laugh.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Actually,I think the most fitting name would be 'Devils Never Cry'. Since the point of the name (I've said this before) Is where the primary character,Dante ofcourse. Is a devil but he still sheds tears for his loved ones.

in DMC1: He cried when Trish died.
in DMC3: He cried when he lost Vergil
in DMC4: Nero cried when he failed to protect Kyrie.
in DmC: The only one that cries is Lilith,but you don't see actual tears and she's not even the main character so you hardly notice it.

What the hell dude? Where'd that attitude come from? :\

Exactly where was I talking about Japan,bro?
I was talking about that guy who works at Ninja Theory making the Dante in Tokyo comment.

Terrutas

From people continuing to b*tch and whine about the same things that were news 2 years ago! Why can't people just get over it already? It's not that big a deal! DmC is what it is and there's nothing you can do about it. Accept it and move on with your lives.
I didn't know discussing and sharing our opinions are prohibited in your eyes,I guess this forum shouldn't exist. How disappointing.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Nobody forced you to use all weapons and perform all combos. I usually stuck to being a Swordmaster, throwing some Dark Slayer in there and maybe some Gunslinger. DMC4 is all about playing the way you want to. You can use every weapon, and use them in whichever situation you want. I don't understand why DMC3's combat system would be better. DMC3 restricted you to using one style, and only some of the weapons. DMC4 is only overwhelming if you let it overwhelm you. I guess it depends on how you want to play. If you want to force yourself to play only one style with a few weapons, you can. But you can do the same in DMC4, so I don't see the problem.

I never got how people felt DMC3s combat was better than 4, granted 3 had more styles and diverse weapons but 4 introduced so many new mechanics and only took away buffering moves for crazy combos and wall-running/surfing on enemies.

Terrutas

Yes, overreact and ignore the real problem, that will solve everything.
How was I overreacting? This is the most civil discussion we've had in months and you just barge in with the crappiest attitude and derail this thread? (Oh god,I sound like HIM.)

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Yes, overreact and ignore the real problem, that will solve everything.

We're not ignoring any problems, we're highlighting them in an adult fashion via discussion and debate. If you don't like it then go someplace else, nobody wants your input if you're not going to contribute beyond "Stop making a mockery of my beloved DmC :("

ZeroLove

How was I overreacting? This is the most civil discussion we've had in months and you just barge in with the crappiest attitude and derail this thread? (Oh god,I sound like HIM.)

It is the same sh*t over and over again. There's nothing new in your discussions, you (as in all, not specifically just you) rip open old topics that should have been left behind in the past. People should have went on with their lives by now, but I still see people whine about the same bullsh*t as they did years ago.

I am not derailing this thread, it is within the very main topic.

Terrutas

It is the same sh*t over and over again. There's nothing new in your discussions, you (as in all, not specifically just you) rip open old topics that should have been left behind in the past. People should have went on with their lives by now, but I still see people whine about the same bullsh*t as they did years ago.

I am not derailing this thread, it is within the very main topic.
This is my last response to this unless you plan to actually contribute to the discussion.

And exactly how is that a bad thing? This is what forums were made for. We're just reopening them for the pure fun of discussing it in an adult manner.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
From people continuing to b*tch and whine about the same things that were news 2 years ago! Why can't people just get over it already? It's not that big a deal! DmC is what it is and there's nothing you can do about it. Accept it and move on with your lives.

It's not that big of a deal to you, and I'm sorry, but not everybody's like you. It's that kind of attitude of ''it is what it is'' that allows developers to get away with anything. Don't tell me if your parents or school told you something ridiculous or told you to do something ludicrous you'd go ''it is what it is''? Heck no. It is what we make of it. I don't know about you, but DMC has been part of my life since the first installment, and to just let it go to waste due to it turning into something else is not something I'll just accept without question. I'm not going to troll about it, but if there's a friggin thread about it, you can bet I'll be there, and nobody should have to apologize for that.

I respect your opinion, but it's not like people have to agree with you or anyone else who shares your views.

ZeroLove

This is my last response to this unless you plan to actually contribute to the discussion.

And exactly how is that a bad thing? This is what forums were made for. We're just reopening them for the pure fun of discussing it in an adult manner.

I would like to see some progress in our community. And this is a step backwards. That is why it bothers me.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I would like to see some progress in our community. And this is a step backwards. That is why it bothers me.

Me too my friend but you have to realise, the majority of the "broken record syndrome" comes from the "pro" side not accepting their game was a downgrade and not received well so they go into silly underhanded insults about how the "antis" are just mis-informed, don't know what they're talking about or just plain butt-hurt.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Me too my friend but you have to realise, the majority of the "broken record syndrome" comes from the "pro" side not accepting their game was a downgrade and not received well so they go into silly underhanded insults about how the "antis" are just mis-informed, don't know what they're talking about or just plain butt-hurt.

http://pinkie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw9188-****storm.gif

ZeroLove

Both sides are to blame here, as both sides keep discussing it. Don't put all the blame on just one side. There's butthurt all around this community.

Martius

SSSmokin!
I can't even read that.
First panel have only Tameem comment. On second people in background are sreaming "SCOOOOOORE" while Dante with rest is singing"POLAAAND WHITE-RED" which is typical cheering by Polish footbal fans. Polish flag have two colours,half white at top and half red at bottom. Dante is pretty much walking Polish flag.

Top Bottom