• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How you can tell bots on here.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Read profiles

1: They're all down as male
2: Their only console is a PC
3: Their favourite is the original DMC
4. They have no sig or avatar
5: Their name stands out for having being weird but not imaginitive. E.g. Byasho-mm
6. They have absolutely nothing about them in their profile.

If any matching this description introduce themselves in the introduction, best to ignore it.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ .lol. weird... I usually check profiles... some can be quite clever sometimes... But that's very rare .lol.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Or you can go into the Admin CP and look at the email address they registered with and if unsure google it and can usually find if they are spam ones, fact that they never change their time zone. Or look into the Moderation queue and see the posts that they have made that no-one else can see but Staff Members. :p

Keaton

Premium
Dark Drakan;93996 said:
Or you can go into the Admin CP and look at the email address they registered with and if unsure google it and can usually find if they are spam ones, fact that they never change their time zone. Or look into the Moderation queue and see the posts that they have made that no-one else can see but Staff Members. :p

Damn these non-staff eyes! lol

+rep for the tips Drakan and Phantarch ^__^

-Keeping us safe from Bots since DMC1

Dark Drakan

Admin
Keaton;94024 said:
Damn these non-staff eyes! lol

+rep for the tips Drakan and Phantarch ^__^

-Keeping us safe from Bots since DMC1

Think ive banned about a community worth of spambots in my time by now. :lol:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I usually tell by checking some random forums - they usually always register with the same name everywhere and post exact copies of what they have put here. Not everyone changes their profile information so I don't always assume that all new people without a sig, title and detailed info about themselves are likely to be bots. If they have posted an intro in a really random place then that's usually a trigger...

Because, like some of you have said elsewhere, not all bots actually post bad stuff so it can be tricky to identify them. Most people who register here for real are prone to tell us more about themselves in their intro, or mention their favourite characters etc...

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
None taken, but my name was made by a friend, he goes by Beltain and Duragon, and he had given me Vauxchen which i liked, but really im a bot that has amazing AI lol

Top Bottom