• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How Vergil can earn his own Devil Sword?

When can Vergil earn his own Devil Sword? (Once he's playable again)

• DMC5: Special Edition

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DMC6

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Vergil needs to upgrade himself. After his defeat by Sephiroth, he needs more power, arsenal and all.

How do you think Vergil will earn his own Devil Sword? Dante learned to embrace his demonic half, Vergil needs to do the same, but with his human half.

Sadly Yamato separates man from devil, so there's gotta be a better source to counter it.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Check this out: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/2xgG2A

salvatore-tabbi-design-work-vergil.jpg

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
DMC6 because i think you could have him achieve it in a way he wouldn't have achieved it in 5.

Granted i rather he just get some new tricks or make better use of the ones he already has.

His familiars being his nightmares sounded nonsensical in the game itself but it is interesting to think about.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Yamato is already the devil sword vergil imo... It is also stated That during sin drgil trigger Yamato take its real form, probably that its devil sword vergil... Yamato is identified as vergil sword so I don't really think he need another sword

I like the concept that dude made, I originally think it was official... but fusing V cane whit Yamato is pretty useless since we know thanks to the manga that v find the cane in a shop, so it's nothing more than a simple human cane....

Last edited:

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I wouldn't mind it same with how I wouldn't mind Dante getting a new weapon. Though I don't agree with the philsophy behind the design and the fact that it becomes to bulky to function the same as a katana.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I wouldn't mind it same with how I wouldn't mind Dante getting a new weapon. Though I don't agree with the philsophy behind the design and the fact that it becomes to bulky to function the same as a katana.

If that doesn't happen, what if Vergil & Dante meet a weaponsmith who's after Machiavelli or Machiavelli himself, where he/she makes a new sword for Vergil? Imagine if Nero's mother was still alive, her soul may complete it and with it, hold the key to create Vergil's own Devil Sword.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
If that doesn't happen, what if Vergil & Dante meet a weaponsmith who's after Machiavelli or Machiavelli himself, where he/she makes a new sword for Vergil? Imagine if Nero's mother was still alive, her soul may complete it and with it, hold the key to create Vergil's own Devil Sword.
I wouldn't mind something like GoW but I think that ship has sailed for Vergil plus I doubt Nero's mother will play any part of it, atleast like that.

Goldsickle

Maybe Devil Sword Vergil will allow me to Trick Down freely without Devil Trigger activated, like in DMC3...

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
If Vergil does get his own Devil Sword (I'm not sure he really needs it, Yamato is already one of the strongest weapons already, maybe if Yamato is broken, Vergil can absorb the shards and form his own Devil Sword as a replacement. I'm not sure how much stronger the sword would be though) it should be something that happens in full brand new game.

Also, I gotta agree with Foxy man. Death Battle should not affect any official canon. Besides, Vergil's already stronger. Urizen's consumption of the Qliphoth fruit, then his reformation and acceptance of his humanity. That's why he has his own version of the Sin Devil Trigger (It's only called Devil Trigger, but it looks a lot more like Dante's Sin Devil Trigger then his regular Devil Trigger)

Dante learned to embrace his demonic half, Vergil needs to do the same, but with his human half.
That's literally what happened in DMC5. That's why Vergil thanked Nero after he reformed. Vergil, though it's not outright stated, probably retains both Urizen and V's memories. Vergil thanked Nero for helping V reach Urizen in-time because he now knows how much he needs his humanity

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I don't want to burst your bubble...but like....no.

Its called Devil Sword Dante because maybe it is made from Rebellion and DEVIL SWORD Sparda and apart of Dante (something that is within Rebellion's ability and not Yamato). Yamato doesn't have the ability to merge and evolve like Rebellion does (its the total opposite actually) so it can't do that nor does it need to. Yamato is still arguably the better sword considering its laundry list of abilities while DSD can conjure Summon Swords (something Vergil can already do) and unlock his Sin DT (something Vergil also already has).

Devil Sword Sparda is gone so something has to take up the name of the Devil Sword and well the sword that is literally made from the Devil Sword Sparda but is Dante's sword thus he named it after himself. Devil Sword isn't some rank that a Devil Arm can achieve but literally just the title that belongs to the Devil Sword Sparda which is now merged with Rebellion and thus the new sword will have the Devil Sword title. That simple.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I don't want to burst your bubble...but like....no.

Its called Devil Sword Dante because maybe it is made from Rebellion and DEVIL SWORD Sparda and apart of Dante (something that is within Rebellion's ability and not Yamato). Yamato doesn't have the ability to merge and evolve like Rebellion does (its the total opposite actually) so it can't do that nor does it need to. Yamato is still arguably the better sword considering its laundry list of abilities while DSD can conjure Summon Swords (something Vergil can already do) and unlock his Sin DT (something Vergil also already has).

Devil Sword Sparda is gone so something has to take up the name of the Devil Sword and well the sword that is literally made from the Devil Sword Sparda but is Dante's sword thus he named it after himself. Devil Sword isn't some rank that a Devil Arm can achieve but literally just the title that belongs to the Devil Sword Sparda which is now merged with Rebellion and thus the new sword will have the Devil Sword title. That simple.

Not unless someone creates a new sword that can counter Yamato's ability and allow its power to create Devil Sword Vergil.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Not unless someone creates a new sword that can counter Yamato's ability and allow its power to create Devil Sword Vergil.

That sounds so convoluted and unnecessary just for the sake of having a Devil Sword Vergil at all costs, even though he doesn't need one in the slightest.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Its called Devil Sword Dante because maybe it is made from Rebellion and DEVIL SWORD Sparda and apart of Dante
Well no, it's called Devil Sword Dante because it's literally a manifestation of Dante's own demonic power. Just like Devil Sword Sparda was for Sparda.
@windleopard The Perfect Amulet fused with Force Edge to form Devil Sword Sparda (Notice the red jewel on the side of the blade) and Devil Sword Sparda was absorbed by Dante, and Dante created Devil Sword Dante with his new power (and notice Devil Sword Dante also has a red jewel for a pommel)

Hungry Alien

The Rebellion being able to merge Devil Arm into the wielder is kinda wierd. We don't know if Dante can do it with another Devil Arm, if the Devil Sword Dante can still do this (since it's originally the Rebellion). I think DSD has been really poorly implemented (along with the Sin Devil trigger). There is no clear explanation of what the DSD can actually do beside summoning sword. And the fact that the Sparda had to be sacrificed to give a clunky new weapon is kinda disappointing.

And the DSD isn't like the Sparda. The DSD can be summoned at will, and we don't even know if someone else can wield it since Dante make it appear and disappear at will. The Sparda was physically always there, and anyone could wield it with enough strengh.

For Vergil, I won't mind giving the Yamato a new form, but he MUSN'T have the same treatment as Dante. The concept art posted by Ronin is really cool (not like the DSD which is meeh), but on how to give Vergil an improved Yamato... Maybe trough introspection and meditation he could actually bind his soul to the Yamato ? It would be a good way to end Vergil redemption arc, to have him at peace with himself and able to grasp the concept of the soul. But somehow, I feel it won't do because of what we saw in DMC 5... Because he haven't change so much after his resurection.

Top Bottom