• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How un-fair trade ins are?

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
i traded in 14 ps2 games and 1 x-box 360 game and i only got £10.85 for them and they were mint conditions.
i spent the money on food.

if anyone else has had a bad experience please tell !!!!!!!!!!

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Everyone I know has had a terrible deal on trade-ins. My friend took her son to trade a game which was brand new but unwanted and was offered £5.00 for it - the game was worth £45.

Needless to say my friend didn't accept the offer and stuck it on Ebay instead...

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
how much did it sell for ? thats a good idea i should of done that !!!!!!!!!

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I think she made about £50 - people will pay stupid prices if the game is popular enough. Yeah, you pay a fee but it's better than being ripped off by a shop which will sell the game on for an obscene profit whilst you get a crappy deal...

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
:lol: £50 . my god.

i want to shoot myself my in the foot !!!!!!!!!! :lol:
i wanted to trade in need for speed pro street and it was worth £16 but i needed a proof of identification and i came back a week later and it was worth £6 . i swear they make it up

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Yeah, they'll screw you good because they reckon if you haven't ebayed it, you must be dumb - hence the crappy offers. Seriously, we've made a mint on unwanted games through ebay - even used ones that looked a bit scuffed were snapped up for the asking price and they can be bought for less in shops...games we got for free with our console were grabbed for £30+ when they are only worth about £19.99 - also I sold three DS games which were old for almost £60...people outbid until it's insane!

We tend to place a Buy It Now option on all our items when we sell because we don't like it when others offer a starting price of something sky-high and then people bid until it's more than 200% retail price - we offer a starting bid of X amount and also a Buy It Now price of maybe £2 more. Then we offer a flat-rate of 70p postage (DVD shaped boxes never cost more than that first class) which is less than half of what other sellers offer so we get our stuff shifted quicker.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
thanks for the advice there angel :lol:
i hate all shops !!!!!!!!!!!!
well from now i will start the anti trade in group !!!!!!!!!!

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
If you see any games on ebay from Candyflossbike, that'll be me and they'll be very reasonably priced :lol:

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
I've learned that you need to stay away from all gaming stores. Just sell your stuff on ebay and amazon ^__^

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
So Great Britain is the same way with trade-ins? I would have thought such an awsome country would be more fairer. ^^ But I see that it's the same as America when it comes to that. Trade in people are out of their minds, it's the same way with movies, books, and Cds, can you spell ripoff?

I sold a stupid Harry pothead book to a used bookstore, it was in perfect condition and brand new AND it was when they were just released. Ya know what I got for it? 5 bucks! Needless to say I was desperate. >_>

Saix

Devil's Advocate
I've thought about trading in but at those stupid prices I wouldnt. They had a thing to trade in your Ps2 for a Ps3 and I got all excited. Underlined text said you had to trade in 20 games as well as $500 or something. SO TIGHT. Especially when Ps3 doesn't play Ps2 games so its waving Ps2 good bye completely.

Ebays the Way

I went to a shop recently selling N64, SNES and NES games for like $20 and more... Wahhhhhtttt... ebay... $0.05 come on

Koemi

half-breed
I sold a PS3 game on ebay just before the price-drop. I sold it for $ 30 and days later the price in store dropped to $39.99 (originally $59.99). Feel bad for my buyer, but the point is - don't every trade-in with stores! Like other people said, ebay (takes several pics of your game disc + case) and amazon.com are way better.

Personally I like ebay more as a seller.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I paid £34.99 to buy MGS 2 many years ago the day of its release and completed it and did everything for it in 1 weekend. Took it back to the same shop after the weekend and got £12 for it. Also had to trade in 3 £30 games for 1 game at one place and the games were not old ones.

Keaton

Premium
Ouch!
Trade-Ins are unfair. Especially when you see the game you traded in, on sale the next day for double what you got for it ¬_¬;;

But, provided the miniscule discount helps me get what I'm aiming for...I'm usually not to fussed ;) Not to mention that I only trade in something I will never play again ^__^

Dark Drakan

Admin
There are so many games id love to get rid of so they arent just collecting dust on my shelf. I really need to get around to sorting that paypal account on Ebay at some point.

Keaton

Premium
^eBay can be ALOT better or alot worse...bidding can be a curse...or it can get you a ridiculious sum for a rare...but dull game :D

I need to sell up my unused trading cards :D

Top Bottom