• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to deal with multiple hell vanguards?

seraphmaycry

pretty much the title, i can never win when there's more then (especially on higher diffuclties) because they dont stop attacking, near the end of bloody palace they bring out true evil with some stupidly high number.

are there any easy ways to deal with them? is it even possible to get an opening!?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Because if your using dante and there are muliple hell van guards at some point there will be a point where they stop attacking even for a second what your going to want to do is have beowulf equiped and gunslinger style and when you get a chance focus on one and do some damage back off and use e&i to do some damage and then repeat once youve taken a few down you can get a lil more creative however quicksilver would also help or doppleganger with a partner either or id recomend quicksilver and e&i from a distance and then beowulf and repeat-with vergil aerial rave and beowulf and use darkslayer style as much as possible again focus on one at a time bit by bit be smart keep moving and track their movments as well as you can

seraphmaycry

Because if your using dante and there are muliple hell van guards at some point there will be a point where they stop attacking even for a second what your going to want to do is have beowulf equiped and gunslinger style and when you get a chance focus on one and do some damage back off and use e&i to do some damage and then repeat once youve taken a few down you can get a lil more creative however quicksilver would also help or doppleganger with a partner either or id recomend quicksilver and e&i from a distance and then beowulf and repeat-with vergil aerial rave and beowulf and use darkslayer style as much as possible again focus on one at a time bit by bit be smart keep moving and track their movments as well as you can
i use dante, the issue with the above strategies is that while i happily take beowulf and even the two pistols on bloody palace, i find anything over then trickster or royalguard style useless and gunslinger is my least favourite of the lot. are there any other strategies with dante? also would royalguard charge and release tacticts work against them if i got the timing down? it should, but the barrage from so many directions would make it fully insane. should i try training up my dodge roll skills so i can use quicksilver or some other offensive style? now i think about it, my dependancy on trickster is probably a very bad thing.

MKH Spartan

Each one of their attacks has a specific start up animation which you can react to, which makes them rather easy in a 1v1. When you have to face three at once it makes it a lot harder, but you can still react and dodge, utilising invincibility frames like roll can help alot. Dante's Trickster style can be useful for this if you are using it, but I always run Swordmaster Style in Bloody Palace.

For damage, jump cancel Beowulf of course lolz.

seraphmaycry

Each one of their attacks has a specific start up animation which you can react to, which makes them rather easy in a 1v1. When you have to face three at once it makes it a lot harder, but you can still react and dodge, utilising invincibility frames like roll can help alot. Dante's Trickster style can be useful for this if you are using it, but I always run Swordmaster Style in Bloody Palace.

For damage, jump cancel Beowulf of course lolz.

damage isn't the issue, i just can't seem to able to do them for more then 10 seconds or so without eventually getting hit, and again, and again, and again.

MKH Spartan

Simply abuse invincibility frames, 3 at once are hard to do without getting hit a bit, but once you take one out it gets drastically easier, as 2 at once isn't too hard.

I haven't done Bloody Palace any time recently with Dante, but with Vergil I abused his jump into Trick/Trick-up/Trick-down to avoid the majority of the attacks and just wait for an opening to get a few hits in, potentially Dante's Air Trick in Trickster may work a similar way, if you are running Trickster.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
nevan and air raid or beowolf killer bee jc and royalguard will annihalate them

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
damage isn't the issue, i just can't seem to able to do them for more then 10 seconds or so without eventually getting hit, and again, and again, and again.
Ok, here's what I do, and I'm no expert, but this is what works for me.

I star by negating my instinct to just viciously attack one and ignore the others. I focus more on guerrilla tactics and a lot of dodging, when there is an opening I do try to kill them one at a time. I always go straight for the back, even before they attack block. If you hear the bell and it starts it's attack from beneath don't double jump, run away in one direction, roll, or single jump, that's the one that always gets me.

I don't always win but I find it more efficient to have a more evasive and defensive approach than an aggressive one in those situations. and that's all I gots.

seraphmaycry

ill be sure to try this all out, also is there any way to deal with the camera? evn if i dont lock on it only focuses on one of the two in the angi and rudra fight, which means im forced to hget hit and die.

MKH Spartan

ill be sure to try this all out, also is there any way to deal with the camera? evn if i dont lock on it only focuses on one of the two in the angi and rudra fight, which means im forced to hget hit and die.
Don't get me started on the camera angle in that boss fight, I just try to keep both on the screen at once, fortunately most of their attacks have very distinct sound effects to telegraph them so that helps a bit.

seraphmaycry

Don't get me started on the camera angle in that boss fight, I just try to keep both on the screen at once, fortunately most of their attacks have very distinct sound effects to telegraph them so that helps a bit.

i like to play games with music on, which turns the fight into pure evil constructed from the depths of hell, keeping them both on screen at once is ridiculously hard, thankfully i won't have to go through them again, as i can easily skip them if i intend to do a no-damage run or something with a extra challenge, and certianly won't need them to for training advanced techniques, actually, how are the bosses on DMD mode anyway? i never have an issue with vergil now that i have the ability to spam trickster style but havn't tried him on DMD yet, have any of the ones i never considered an issue gotten a serious power bonus? i feel i may need strategies for arhkam as that guy is so annoying i always use items to heal and don't bother fighting him, and the patience nevan is going to require is most likely beyond insane.

MKH Spartan

First of all, playing DMC3 without hearing the games sounds on DMD/VMD is a terrible idea, because so many attacks are telegraphed by sound effects that if you can't hear them, you will get hit.

To the second bit, I don't really ever play on lower than DMD/VMD unless unlocking DMD/VMD lol.... so I'm not sure on that. Vergil fights 2 and 3 are great fun on DMD/VMD however, while Vergil fight 1 is still a bit of a cakewalk lol.

Also, this thread may help for VMD gameplay/boss strategies: http://devilmaycry.org/threads/dmc3-se-vergil-must-die-ss-run.16519/

Edit: Oh and for Arkham, spam jump while going to one side to dodge all the stupid projectiles, the boss fight becomes easy once you learn that.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Sorry for the late reply but i see that youve already been helped out a lot :) any other questions you have you should mg mkh spartan

seraphmaycry

First of all, playing DMC3 without hearing the games sounds on DMD/VMD is a terrible idea, because so many attacks are telegraphed by sound effects that if you can't hear them, you will get hit.

To the second bit, I don't really ever play on lower than DMD/VMD unless unlocking DMD/VMD lol.... so I'm not sure on that. Vergil fights 2 and 3 are great fun on DMD/VMD however, while Vergil fight 1 is still a bit of a cakewalk lol.

Also, this thread may help for VMD gameplay/boss strategies: http://devilmaycry.org/threads/dmc3-se-vergil-must-die-ss-run.16519/

Edit: Oh and for Arkham, spam jump while going to one side to dodge all the stupid projectiles, the boss fight becomes easy once you learn that.

maybe i should have sound on... not that i'd know any of the cues either way lol

i'll try that strategy for arhkam, should be easy, i'll have to try beating those damn vanguards again soon.

MKH Spartan

maybe i should have sound on... not that i'd know any of the cues either way lol

i'll try that strategy for arhkam, should be easy, i'll have to try beating those damn vanguards again soon.
I cannot imagine doing the spider rooms with no sound on DMD/VMD "shudders".

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I cannot imagine doing the spider rooms with no sound on DMD/VMD "shudders".

second that my friend the whole reason they made enemies give audio cues was to make things easier onthe gamer lol its there for you to take advantage of ninja gaiden 3 razors edge is a perfect example of needed audio cues lol

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
royalguard and beowolf gauntlets tank the spiders on dmd throw in a dte and u make em look like fools attack with beowolf while blocking the counter hits and you take no damage nd they go down easy enough

Top Bottom