• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How many people played Square Enix games

Robin Sena

Solomon Spy
I was wondering if I was the only one who played Square Enix games like Final Fantasy series or something like that.

Dark Drakan

Admin
As they are one of the biggest game developers in the industry lots of people will have. :lol:

Im one of those people too.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I liked them more when they were just "Squaresoft" or just "Square Co."

Mainly because during the Squaresoft days, they released FF7, and every FF game since then (Bar Crisis Core) has been a cavalcade of mediocrity...Or perhaps I'm being overly mean, still, the only series I ever really liked by Square Co/Enix was the Final Fantasy series.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Son, Im THE biggest Square fan EVER, lol.

Although I concur with Creedo about Squaresoft being the prime of Square Co., I find that you were kinda mean to the Square Enix games. FFX-2, FFXII, KH2, Dirge of Cerebus (YES YES Dirge of Cerebus......pause for intensity) were all great, maybe not to the magnificence of FFVII and FFX but they were "GREEEEEAT!!"

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Esura;125940 said:
Son, Im THE biggest Square fan EVER, lol.

Although I concur with Creedo about Squaresoft being the prime of Square Co., I find that you were kinda mean to the Square Enix games. FFX-2, FFXII, KH2, Dirge of Cerebus (YES YES Dirge of Cerebus......pause for intensity) were all great, maybe not to the magnificence of FFVII and FFX but they were "GREEEEEAT!!"

e.e FFX-2? Great? Madness, just...Madness, it was the most poorly rated FF game for a mighty fine reason, it didn't have the storyline, the character design or anything that made FF great.

As much as I enjoyed 12, it was flawed, seriously flawed, although I appreciated the booting of the random encounters.

I never actually played KH or KH2, so I suppose I can't comment, but my point was mainly on the FF series since the Squate - Enix merger.

Dirge of Cerberus was lackluster, it wasn't as good as it could have been, it was a medicore Third Person Shooter at best, the story was good, granted, but the gameplay fell at the first hurdle.

But I will agree with you on the sheer epicness of FFX, it was a nice return to original Squaresoft form.

/End Square Enix crucifixtion.

Koemi

half-breed
Well, SE has great stories and OST - I'll at least give them that. Since I am not much of a hardcore gamer, I am satisfied with a game that can provide sufficient depths in storyline, intriguing OST, smooth gameplay, eyes-pleasing CGIs, and replayability (boy, games costing a lot these days...). DMC gave me that, FF and KH gave me that - I am fine.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Prefer the name Square Enix, and I have played Dirge Of Cerberus. LOVE that game, completed it twice on hard with a broken PS2 controller :lol: Not trying to boast, but it was hard :lol:

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
I have played:

Disney with Square Enix
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix (Japan)
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts II
Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ (Japan)
Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories

Square Soft/Square Enix
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X International
Front Mission 3
Front Mission 4
Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Curse of the Crimson Elixir
Brave Fencer Musashi
Musashi: Samurai Legend
Grandia III

Tri-Ace with Square Enix

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
Radiata Stories

Great thread.Rep+.:)

Esura

Chaos Master;125973 said:
I have played:

Disney with Square Enix
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix (Japan)
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts II
Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ (Japan)
Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories

Square Soft/Square Enix
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X International
Front Mission 3
Front Mission 4
Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Curse of the Crimson Elixir
Brave Fencer Musashi
Musashi: Samurai Legend
Grandia III

Tri-Ace with Square Enix

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
Radiata Stories

Great thread.Rep+.:)

This is basically all the SE games I've played too plus 15 more.

And FF8 sucks to me. Worst FF game ever. Dirge of Cerebus is even better than 8.

Also Dirge of Cerebus ROKS MIKE's HARD LEMONADE!!

Esura

Oh, and Chaos, KH 1 was made during the last years of the Squaresoft era. Just an FYI.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
Square SOFT all the way. <3 I miss the golden days when they made really good games, not repetitive spin offs and rape FF7 (CC actually gained my respect for giving showing Zacks story which was far more interesting than the whole JENOVA/Sephiroth/Aeris and so on story in the original FF7) into the ground. I will ALWAYS love Parasite Eve. I really have no faith in PE3, but it's no surprise of what SquareENIX has turned it into. >:^|

Sicktress

Artist
I've only played one so far, Crisis Core FF7 for PSP, I love it, I'm scared to fight Sephiroth though, mostly because he's so beautiful and terrible all at the same time :-S

Esura

If you think Sephy is scary on CC, play FFVII. He put chills down my spine when this theme song (not the One Winged Angel on, he has a recurring one on FFVII) comes on. Hes like Michael Myers with a long ass katana.

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
Well, umm... who hasn't played a game from square?
But I've played almost every ff game.
And every kh game.
My favorites are:
Kingdom hearts 2 final mix+: Because the extras are awesome, I love all the secret bosses. And kingdom hearts 2 is a amazing game, so kingdom hearts FM+ is only better.

Kingdom hearts: Awesome game, played it allot when i was younger.

FF7: FLAWLESS. Need I say more?

FF10: Amazing story, Great graphics (For its time) and gameplay. Its what got me into final fantasy.

FF7 CC: Once again, Flawless. I have about 100 hours of playtime on it. Very addicting, and I love the extras.

Thats about all my favorites. Come on... dirge of cerberus? I had fun playing it for the first time, considering i didn't have any other game to play. But man, the only thing that kept me on it was the story...

FFX2??? JUST "LOL" horrible game. Just stick to ffx.

FF12 is OK.

I'm exited for ff13. Hopefully it wont be another ffx2...

Sicktress

Artist
I'm a punk, I know. Sephiroth to me is scarier than the Savior boss in DMC4 ugh Idk what it is about them they're not even visually scary..

Top Bottom