• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How many of you are buying DmC just because Nu-Dante/Dante 2.0 is hot?

Are you purchasing DmC because of Dante 2.0?

• Total voters

Chronic420

Donte or New Dante, whatever people call him nowadays is hands down the ****ing hottest male video game character ever. He's the male equivalent to Bayonetta, except Bayonetta was lame, so he's more like Tifa from FF7, in male form. You can see how Capcom is trying to pander to female gamers by designing such a bad boy male protagonist. I know of at least 2 other women (well, one of them is a gay male) who are buying this game, simply because they like how the protagonist looks. Glad Capcom made a more masculine Dante, the overly-flamboyant previous one looked like something out of Castlevania and not like a real human. Dante 2.0 gets my britches hot. And he looks like a supreme badass/please-give-me-a-one-night-fling-with-him when he smokes. I hope Capcom doesn't have to deal with angry mothers when they release this game, since it has smoking in it.

How many of you ladies (and closeted men too I guess) are going to be buying this because of Dante 2.0? ;)

LeoXCV

Single life for life
You really buying a game just for how the main character looks? Surely there is a bit more depth than that. (Do you like the gameplay for instance?)

P.S. I voted then actually fully read the post, if you were going for a purely Female/Gay male view only you can -1 from the "No" votes.

Chronic420

You really buying a game just for how the main character looks? Surely there is a bit more depth than that. (Do you like the gameplay for instance?)

P.S. I voted then actually fully read the post, if you were going for a purely Female/Gay male view only you can -1 from the "No" votes.

Not sure if I like the gameplay, haven't played the demo yet. I did play the original DMC though.
I'm downloading the demo right now.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Uh...okay. Where's Alitleacorn right now?:D You two would be great friends.

Also since you like new Dante so much
;
Shirtless_Dante_Costume.png

your welcome

Chronic420

Ok, gonna preorder this game. Too much sexy testosterone inside, don't know how I'll be able to play it. Dante 2.0 <3 *_*

Zarathustra

The Forsaken Offspring of Heaven and Hell
Donte or New Dante, whatever people call him nowadays is hands down the ****ing hottest male video game character ever. He's the male equivalent to Bayonetta, except Bayonetta was lame, so he's more like Tifa from FF7, in male form. You can see how Capcom is trying to pander to female gamers by designing such a bad boy male protagonist. I know of at least 2 other women (well, one of them is a gay male) who are buying this game, simply because they like how the protagonist looks. Glad Capcom made a more masculine Dante, the overly-flamboyant previous one looked like something out of Castlevania and not like a real human. Dante 2.0 gets my britches hot. And he looks like a supreme badass/please-give-me-a-one-night-fling-with-him when he smokes. I hope Capcom doesn't have to deal with angry mothers when they release this game, since it has smoking in it.

How many of you ladies (and closeted men too I guess) are going to be buying this because of Dante 2.0? ;)

...This kind of thing concerns me among fellow gamers... >>;;

But as sexy as the new Dante is, I'm not buying the game simply for eye-candy. If I want that, then I'll look up rule34 of him.
But no, I'm buying the game because while I do like his new look, I enjoy how he's more of thug, but still holds the same Dante sarcasm from 1, 3, and 4. It's a new look with the same base character element(whether some fans believe it or not). I also like how they're redoing the story where instead of him and Vergil being demon half-breeds, they are nephilim, forsaken offspring of angels and demons. THAT makes SO MUCH more sense to me than the whole DBZ plot hole of a half-breed being with saiyan blood being more powerful than most. Cuz really, that just gets kinda old after a while. Plus, in all honesty, the lore of a half-human, half-demon offspring only goes so far with their capabilities.

My only concern so far is the character Kat. So far, she seems rather plain and her voice is kinda...irritating. But I have hopes it can get better down the road. I'm not ENTIRELY sure what's in store for Vergil outside of the DLC, but either way I'm looking forward to it. That being said, really...I don't think eye candy should be your main reason for being a game.. = =;;

DragonMaster2010

...This kind of thing concerns me among fellow gamers... >>;;

But as sexy as the new Dante is, I'm not buying the game simply for eye-candy. If I want that, then I'll look up rule34 of him.
But no, I'm buying the game because while I do like his new look, I enjoy how he's more of thug, but still holds the same Dante sarcasm from 1, 3, and 4. It's a new look with the same base character element(whether some fans believe it or not). I also like how they're redoing the story where instead of him and Vergil being demon half-breeds, they are nephilim, forsaken offspring of angels and demons. THAT makes SO MUCH more sense to me than the whole DBZ plot hole of a half-breed being with saiyan blood being more powerful than most. Cuz really, that just gets kinda old after a while. Plus, in all honesty, the lore of a half-human, half-demon offspring only goes so far with their capabilities.

My only concern so far is the character Kat. So far, she seems rather plain and her voice is kinda...irritating. But I have hopes it can get better down the road. I'm not ENTIRELY sure what's in store for Vergil outside of the DLC, but either way I'm looking forward to it. That being said, really...I don't think eye candy should be your main reason for being a game.. = =;;

^Pretty much this.

Don't let the way he looks be the only reason you buy the game.

Chronic420

He's controversial because of DMC purists who are afraid of change. People like that don't register on my radar at all, because their opinion in every aspect of life will be faulty and weak-minded. I don't acknowledge thinking like that.

I'm glad Crapcom went with the decision to reboot the series. They gained a new fan here.

I played the demo and love the combat system. Even if I hated the protagonist, which I SOOO don't @_@ *pokes Dante's pecs* :3 :3
then I can still enjoy the combat system.

DragonMaster2010

He's controversial because of DMC purists who are afraid of change. People like that don't register on my radar at all, because their opinion in every aspect of life will be faulty and weak-minded. I don't acknowledge thinking like that.

Well you also have to understand that Capcom didn't do DMC very well and fans expected them to make it good, but instead they rebooted it, so that's kind of gotten on people's bad side.

I never trusted Capcom with anything anyway.

Chronic420

It was their mistake for thinking Capcom won't ruin the franchise. Capcom has urined every popular franchise they started:
-Resident Evil
-Dino Crisis
-Onimusha
-Megaman
-DMC (which was dead way before DMC4)

DMC reboot is a better idea than a DMC5, because nobody really cared about any DMC game after the original. It just never really caught on.

Zarathustra

The Forsaken Offspring of Heaven and Hell
How did we go from the reasons for buying the new DmC to how Capcom is ruining themselves? Even if it is true, shouldn't we be a little more on topic?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I fully understand the impulse to buy a game because of attraction to the protagonist and would probably buy games for that reason if I had the money but I am male and as far as I know at least mostly straight so Dante is not the type of character that would inspire me to buy a game for that reason. The reason I am buying the game because I like Devil May Cry and don't have a problem with the changes in DmC.

Top Bottom