• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How many of you are buying DmC just because Nu-Dante/Dante 2.0 is hot?

Are you purchasing DmC because of Dante 2.0?

• Total voters

VergilNeroDante

Donte or New Dante, whatever people call him nowadays is hands down the ****ing hottest male video game character ever. He's the male equivalent to Bayonetta, except Bayonetta was lame, so he's more like Tifa from FF7, in male form. You can see how Capcom is trying to pander to female gamers by designing such a bad boy male protagonist. I know of at least 2 other women (well, one of them is a gay male) who are buying this game, simply because they like how the protagonist looks. Glad Capcom made a more masculine Dante, the overly-flamboyant previous one looked like something out of Castlevania and not like a real human. Dante 2.0 gets my britches hot. And he looks like a supreme badass/please-give-me-a-one-night-fling-with-him when he smokes. I hope Capcom doesn't have to deal with angry mothers when they release this game, since it has smoking in it.

How many of you ladies (and closeted men too I guess) are going to be buying this because of Dante 2.0? ;)

Why would you buy a game for looks? Either your nuts or just plan wack. IMO i think he looks normal.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I don't find it wierd. My friend who is a girl bought DMC3 because of bare chest Dante, but she never even liked DMC before, and called Dante an emo back when DMC1 and 2 came out. And she isn't even a gamer.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I have a gay brother that once told me that I have poor taste in men so I'm not one to ask.

Just the same I never thought of the DMC men as 'the hottest in gaming.' Even in Capcom my girls prefer Leon. My little sister is really into Narukami, but I don't know if she likes him like that. Drake seems to be the other one most of my well-sculpted-man-ass loving family members seem to like. Actually, the well-sculpted-man-ass comment was made about Sheppard, if I remember correctly.

So, no, I don't play DMC for the dudes, or the bitches for that matter. I play it cause I love the story, the characters, the ambiance, and the combat. If any of those things are missing then it's a sub-par DMC title on my list. If DMC1 didn't make me feel like a bad-ass while playing I wouldn't be a fan ether.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Pretty sure the gameplay isn't the only reason why dudes buy games like Hyperdimension Neptunia.

So if you wanna buy DmC because you like Dante, go ahead, its fine, as long as you at least acknowledge the gameplay.

seraphmaycry

i think as long as you enjoy the game its really not imprtant why and anyway its devil may cry with a bad ass reboot even if i don't like the story i stil say anyone who DOS'NT get it is absolutely crazy

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I like Dante's look, but not in that way. I'll be getting the game to see how the story develops; plus I like the game mechanic of the city out to get you.

Nelo The Great

It was their mistake for thinking Capcom won't ruin the franchise. Capcom has urined every popular franchise they started:
-Resident Evil
-Dino Crisis
-Onimusha
-Megaman
-DMC (which was dead way before DMC4)

DMC reboot is a better idea than a DMC5, because nobody really cared about any DMC game after the original. It just never really caught on.
Don't forget final fight. and don't even get me started on how they completely ruined all of the good concepts they had in beatdown with their ability to make anything a peice of ****. those are two games i look forward to pursuing after i'm certified in game design.

Nekodark

I feel if one wants to buy a game on a characters look go for it, it's their monies and it is their choice they do not have to validate why they want to buy it since it is their cash that they are putting down, I mean how many times you hear guys talk about a game girl and her hotness and such while they get the game not really talking about the game play just the character in it body. I see nothing wrong with it we all have reasons to buy things and our reasons are our one so it is neither right or wrong just what we want and yes people can say it is wrong but at the end of the day it is that person's money and their enjoyment not anyone else.

Nekodark

I wouldn't buy it full price even if he was the hottest piece of Pixel Ass I'd ever seen.
....Was that even called for in a thread about people buying it for their own reasons or did you just wanted to shout in the room so to speak?, I mean I do not understand (even if your free to do so) posting in a thread dedicated to those who are buying it just to say something like that..but I guess it makes you feel good to do so. *Shrugs*

aoshi

....Was that even called for in a thread about people buying it for their own reasons or did you just wanted to shout in the room so to speak?, I mean I do not understand (even if your free to do so) posting in a thread dedicated to those who are buying it just to say something like that..but I guess it makes you feel good to do so. *Shrugs*

Are you serious? That was sarcastic. Its not like dante is real to get offended that someone rejected him. :blink:

Nekodark

Are you serious? That was sarcastic. Its not like dante is real to get offended that someone rejected him. :blink:

*Sighs* Who the heck thinks Dante would care what others think what I am asking was it even necessary to even say it like that or even say it at all..how did you even get what I posted as if saying Dante would be offended? lol

That was snark more then sarcasm tbh, I know sarcasm and love it but really that is like going to a concert and siting there booing/heckling because you don't like the artist or something along those lines. but ok to each their own I will continue to side eye and shake my head. because yes people are free to post anything they want but it is their choice if they should or if it necessary to do so or just leave it alone just as I am free to point out something I see that just made me tilt my head. I actually moved on but wanted to answer you to be polite but there you go your reply.

V

Oldschool DMC fan

Who are you...?

Nekodark

Who are you...?

Gurrrl...Well let's see, I am Cassie if that is not what your looking for I am a horror fan if that is not what your looking for I am a big sister if that is not what your asking I am a daughter or I am kind..I am a avid reader...I could go on if you wish if you need more to answer your question.

Dante47

Part of the reason I'm buying it on release date is for the aesthetics
But to the dismay of all you ladies out there, not because of Dante's body, hair, etc.

The new artistic direction with the story and game play is not only immersing, but symbolic and memorable.
Almost everything there seems like it should be. Everything is vibrant and has personality, including the setting.

You know what, hell, I am partially getting for Dante's look.
Starting him off with his punk attitude and a blatant disregard for society is represented in his style.
Including his short, rugged hair.
As the game progresses, his hair grows longer, and adopts patches of white, showing not only his rise in power, but his change in personality.

I could give more artistic examples just looking at the trailers, but I'd get this thread derailed fast.

PS: I also like Dante's new look due to the Union Jack. You should all be British: it's awesome.

Top Bottom