• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How do you think Vergil had his devil "awakend"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
First of all we all agree that Vergil probably awakened his Devil Trigger before Dante. The reason that led us to believe that is that when Dante awakened and attacked Vergil, Vergil responded "So..a devil has awakened inside you as well" or something similar to that. He looked pleased and as if he had a nice surprise. If he wasn't already able to Devil Trigger he would probably be surprised in a different way, maybe saying something like "What's gotten into you?".

Also, since I consider the Devil Trigger forms of Dante and Vergil in Devil May Cry 3 as incomplete/infant versions of their real forms, I think that Vergil probably awakened that power not too long before Dante did.

If we take the manga as canon, I would think that Vergil awakened when he had Yamato piercing his chest, even if that happened in some sort of illusion/other world.

Otherwise I think that probably Vergil awakened during that "year" where Dante & Vergil did not met. Remember that Dante said to Vergil "It's been a whole year since we last met". Probably Vergil was able to use Devil Trigger before meeting Arkham (as in contrast to the manga where Arkham meets Vergil when he is still a human, in their meeting in the game Arkham is already a Devil and leads Vergil immediately to the tower instead of where he was led in the manga).

My logic/intuition/feeling tells me that if Vergil was able to Devil Trigger for more than a year he would probably look more "complete" as a Devil.=]

Sparda™

I have to contradict with you. They have been supervised by Capcom for that mean, to be matching the actual established storyline.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
How is the anime gonna be canon if the characters ain't even, well, in character. He was dressed like the Dante from part 1, but he certainly didn't act like him, not to mention his size is a contridiction as well. And what plot holes did the anime fill in? Oh the itty bitty ones that don't even matter like how Lady and Trish may have met? Lame. >_>

Not to mention the anime makes Dante look bad, really bad. In the game, it's obvious he's not poor and judging from how great this animated pixel half-demon attracts real women, I doubt he has bad luck with them in the actual game. Lol!

Can we all just agree to disagree and get back on topic. This is a good thread ya know.

Sparda™

^ There isn't too much to talk about Vergil's Awakening, you know. He has the same Devil Trigger like Dante.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
^There's plenty to talk about. You guys just need to come up with theories like ya do with Nero and discuss them. I like Tony's theory.

Sparda™

Awakened one year, or one week before Dante wouldn't change Vergil's Devil form appearance. They're both teenagers and twins. No matter how powerful one would go, the other would follow.

I also think that Vergil awakened Dante's Devil Trigger on purpose, to have a competition. They have a twisted pleasure fighting with each other, It turns them on and obviously, the Dark Slayer wanted some competition and entertainment on the way to power.

I personally think that Vergil had way more knowledge in devils and dark powers, but that didn't reflect in his physical appearance, but rather, in powers and mentality. We know he is a bookworm, and he could even stay for days with just reading in libraries. Until Mission 7, Dante was inferior to Vergil. In Mission 13, they're equally matched, and in Mission 20, Dante has surpassed his brother's powers, which leads me to my point - they're twins, no matter where one goes with power, the other will follow.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
^Ah, that's why I beleive that Vergil in present DMC is most likely as strong as his brother. You see the Sparda sword awakend from both amulets being together with force edge, so I could see it awakening another stage in both the twin's bodies.

I think Vergil's DMC3 DT was slightly more developed than Dante's. You see in official bonus art Vergil has 4 wings where Dante only has 2. It's sorta like tadpoles, one will sprout arms and legs while the one that's just slightly younger will only have 2 legs and a tail.

Sparda™

^ Yes. Also, we see Vergil has inherited Sparda's dark side in style, called Dark Slayer. When you switch to its explanation, it says that a warrior fallen from grace, darkness gives birth to new powers and styles. We don't know how Dante or Vergil got their styles and perfected them, but I think that there was a distribution of styles according to the distribution of their personalities as well. Dante is wild, Vergil is calm. It's fascinating though, noticing that Vergil's gameplay and weapon use is way more raw and aggressive than Dante's, like a raging demon inside. Another reason to think Vergil has been more skilled than Dante was at some age during adolescence.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
I don't think Vergil is a calm as he tries to act. It's funny, those rare moments when Dante gets mad he's a little more stable, where Vergil you can pretty much tell, he'll raise his voice of say something immature. XD

I beleive their blood is what gives them their perfection in style. It's demon instinct. Remember how easily the twins would start slashing around with a new devil arm. It's instinct, the moment they touch it they know what to do. I don't think Dante lost to Vergil the first time due to lack of skills, Vergil was the stronger one at the time.

Sparda™

It's not instinct. The Devil Arms give to their wielder immense power, but only If they are worthy of such gift.

Devil Arms are souls of defeated demons, which materialize into a weapon that will be used by the wielder.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
I know what a devil arm is ^^. But how would you explain the perfect way Dante weilds a weapon the moment he gets his hands on it?

Enigmatic_soldier

Evolve today!
i think that vergil got his devil trigger wile he was young and a few years later after he got the yamato since yamato has magical powers it maybe helped vergil with a little boost of power.and another thing when nero got the yamato he instantly got power to transform into devil trigger form maybe the same thing happened to vergil.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Dante Aseroth;93639 said:
What I said above.;)

That has nothing to do with skill though. You can give someone a baseball bat, but they have to know how to swing it. You can give someone a gun, but can they shoot it correctly the first time they've ever had a gun in their hand? No. But yet the twins have that instinct. Humans don't.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I guess it's the devils' inherent powers of destruction that give them such skill with weaponry, I doubt Dante would be as good with... plumbing.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom