• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How can Dante die?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallen Angel

Devil Hunter
arkham;58016 said:
But the scythes were right inside him, going through his heart. It doesn't make sense to me. but im an idiot so, it will to alot of you.

It makes sense to me.
He's a video game character.It's fiction so there doesn't have to be an explanation.;)

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I wonder what would have happened if Vergil didn't intervene in the boss fight on mission 19 in the third game...

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
XicoPT;58021 said:
Well if u know Hellsing...Allucard doesnt die too..he get shot by his own blessed bullets but after he appears he is the immortal vampire compared to jesus ...yeah i know its stupid but he is compared to jesus...so dante is also immortal

Actually. It's well known that Alucard can be killed. Just not by normal weapons and other monsters. "Only a man can kill a monster." Alucard actually wants to die, but he's not going down so easily.

As for Dante, I don't think he's immortal. I think because he doesn't age quickly (physically) it could lead him to living longer, but I'm sure Dante can actually die from certain things. It just takes alot of effort.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
VI-Rainbow;58193 said:
Actually. It's well known that Alucard can be killed. Just not by normal weapons and other monsters. "Only a man can kill a monster." Alucard actually wants to die, but he's not going down so easily.

As for Dante, I don't think he's immortal. I think because he doesn't age quickly (physically) it could lead him to living longer, but I'm sure Dante can actually die from certain things. It just takes alot of effort.

Yeah, that sounds about right to me.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I'm amazed with all those pizzas he eats and all the alcohol he seems to drink that he hasn't had a heart attack or kidney failure. It must be nice to do all that and be fine while us normal people get all kinds of health problems from eatting or drinking too much. :/

$JP

Supreme Ruler
Yeah, if I was Dante I'd probably eat nothing but pizza and drink beer all day everyday 2, that's be sweet.^_^

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
seeing that its a VIDEOGAME a life gauge is needed. also Dante was just being cool when he took those hits in the first lvl of 3.

anyhoo yea its not that hard to understand. I think the Gilver(Vergil)cutting Dante's heart out is a good representation of how he could die.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
If Sparda can die, then unfortunately Dante can too. The the big question is...How the hell did Sparda die? Seriously.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Trish67;58247 said:
i believe sparda died of natural causes

Sorry, but I disagree. The mighty Sparda, most powerful of all demons, taken down by...cancer? Heart failier? Diabetes? That doesn't even sound right.

And I refuse to believe he died of old age because...well, one reason is because, come on, to die of old age, you have to be pretty damn old, I understand Eva's love for him would be unconditional, but im sure to begin with, it wasn't some old a$$ man flirting with her.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I believe something killed him, but it wasn't natural causes such as old age or a heart attack. That'd be rather silly for someone who's supposed to be something great and powerful.

Vordan

AC Pilot
Is there any canon enemy, apart from Mundus, who actually has a ghost of a chance against Sparda? I can't think of a single enemy powerful enough to defeat him.

EDIT: Finally! My 100th post!

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Maybe he didn't die because the 'force' that destroyed him was greater than himself, but it could be some sort of surprise attack. On a side not we should remember that he did not have any of his devil powers after sealing them along with the demon world. And also he did not have his greatest weapon, the Force Edge/Sparda. The sure thing is that he had the amulets. Most probably he had Yamato and Rebellion too with him.

I wonder, if we should think of him without powers, should we imagine him like Dante without Devil Trigger, and extraordinary healing ability?
Or just an incredibly skilled man?

And another thing. If he died from 'something' that was probably not demonic, unless it escaped from the demonic realm while he was sealing the gate. Since without it, great demons should not appear...only small fries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom