• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hiroyuki "Japanese for FAIL" Kobayashi made DMC4 to appeal to Women (gamers)

aoshi

I don't think DMC 4 was pretty and was uglier than 3.Bael was more stinky than levethian in DMC 3. I think koba made a random comment on female audience for series and can't take it official. I am sure they did a good job at 4 though some aspects as random introduction of nero,kyrie and disappearance of vergil could not be compromised.

And agnus too was bee. I think wat koba tried to say was animations were cleaner and less clumsy. I found that better as well. Except i feel like i need to shower everytime before playing as dante or nero to unite with their holy persona.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Agnus was a ****roach...or something along those lines.Defenatelly not a wasp/bee species.

It's that much the games,it's his thinking that ruins everything.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
He reminded me of a locust/grasshopper with the ungainly way he flew and the shape of his wings.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I thought Agnus was some kind of beetle, like a scarab. Only beetles have wing coverings, and he had them.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^I believe he is a roach due to his antenae and his "belly shape"[a bug's belly is the bottom part of their body.In Agnus case it's his wing holder.]resembles a roach's far more than any beetle/scarab species bug has.

Roaches have them too.Especially red roaches,a big species of roaches that even has a very hard wing cover exterior...like Agnus'.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
He did have wing cases? I can't remember. But yeah, if he did...

31226-129162-dohaup1740294235jpg-620x.jpg

Yeah, beetle-like it seems, but there's something locusty about him too.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Well...he is a monster/demon after all...he is an amalgamation.If anything I'd say : locustus,Hercules Beetle/Kabuto Beetle,roach[the wings and the belly along with the wing cases] and a bit of grasshoper[the legs mostly...].

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
LOL

Found this:
Angelo Agnus the One-eyed Dark Knight
Angelo Agnus the One-eyed Dark KnightAgnus possesses a demon form, referred to as the "One-eyed Dark Knight" or Angelo Agnus. The "one-eyed" part of his title comes from a large red spot on his face in place of his left eye, where his monocle would be in human form. Agnus's demon form is based on that of a locust, a common symbol of demons and plagues in the Bible. He has long horns, a halo-like appendage over his head and an insectoid tail sprouting from the back of his head. As a demon he is able to summon his self-created Gladii, Cutlass and Basilisk demons to do his bidding and aid him in combat.[3]. Agnus can also summon a burst of deadly fireballs and drain the player character's health points to replenish his own vitality.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
aoshi;262291 said:
disappearance of vergil could not be compromised.

Mundus doesn't faf about he cares nothing for human or demon life and has a very streightforward set of rules.
"Get the job done or.." *cut throat*
Whilst still under his control to a certain extent it wouldn't make any sense at all to allow him to live even still as Nelo, he was defeated and weak and if given freedom he would be yet another serious threat against his absolute rule over everything and thats the last thing he wants on top of his screwed up ideals.

Even if I was a hardcore Vergil fan I find it hard to imagine seeing the possibility of his return as nothing more than a cheap, hollow fan service that doesn't really make any sense. Then again I got exited when Wesker and Liquid Snake came back so I guess I am being a bit of a hypocrite.

moseslmpg

It is pretty easy for Vergil to come back in a non-hollow, non-cheap way. I've thought about a few scenarios for years, which could integrate him back into the main storyline or send him off on his own adventures.

As for Mundus, you have to remember, he was a puddle of soft boiled eggs that got sealed back into Hell, last time we saw him. Even if he is still alive, he would be very weak, and most likely unable to resurrect for another 2000 years. Vergil could just whip him up into an omelette and problem solved.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Nah, i don't like giant locust beetles...
I just posted that to end the discussion ;)

VB SAYS NO TO A VERGIL-COMEBACK!

moseslmpg

A comeback is better than a contrived introduction of an unnecessary character. I find that people who say no to a comeback lack the imagination to see how such a comeback could be justified. It can be, especially if you don't pay attention to DMC4.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
...A comeback doesn't necessarily have to take place after DMC3, either.

moseslmpg

I don't see how stuff before DMC3 would be that interesting. You couldn't have any DT, for one thing.

The way I see it, there are a few different places in the timeline that they could bring Vergil back onto the scene. You have the time from DMC3 to DMC1, in Hell as Nelo. That's 10 years right there. You have the time immediately after Mundus' defeat in DMC1, detailing how Vergil regained himself and possibly escaped Hell. Then you have longer after DMC1, where Vergil could be in other areas handling jobs or pursuing goals that Dante does not know about, etc.

I think it would be better if they combined some as well, like giving us flashbacks of his time in Hell, and so forth.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Vergil had a DT ever since he was 9?10?When was it that EVa died?That very day.

We have mad ethousand of scenarios too,but we have stumbled upon the Bingo and Kobatroll factors.Those prevent Vergil from making a comeback successfully without pleasing the fujoshi/fangirls and without dissapointing us,the fans.

SHould,say...another one jump into that project,someone that can neutralize these two factors,it would have a chance.SOmeone like Inafune,but the CEOs are kkeping him away with "nostalgia" games and other trash.As if it wasn't enough that Megaman is like Konami's Castlevania,the most low budget series of the company,now they want to completely destroy it.

All in all,it would be far better for Platinum ti absorb Capcom,fire the uselless guys[we know who they are] and if they still want to make games,they can easilly form a game company that makes YAOI Visual Novels.That way they can please both fujoshi and us,the fans of the series.

How can they please us,you ask?Easy.We don't need to buy their games and they won't destroy any more good franchises.

Durxom

But they already brought Vergil back in DMC4 for all fanboys/girls, if you were paying attention to the story =/

Back onto the main point...umm..I never noticed any "woman"ification of DMC at all in DMC4, it still had the dark gothic, medieval themes, the monsters were still monsters, and the music is still the hard rock/metal stuff. Most of DMC4 was a throwback to DMC1 which I applaud Kobayashi for.

Sigh...people need to stop hating on the game for not being DMC3.

Top Bottom