• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Hey Dante! Will we meet again?"

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
With the announcement of DMC4 SE, many people's hope for DMC5 being brought to life raised again. The fact that a Special Edition of a game from the old saga is sign, for them, that the DMC games has not been forgotten for the reboot (not like Capcom showed all that will to continue DmC anyway).
What about you? You expect a DMC5 too in the future?

Lord Dante

Forever waiting.
I'm holding hope in my heart for a DMC5 and Dante's return.

He's become my most favorite game character ever after playing DMC1 back in those glorious PS2 years. I can only hope that one day he'll return to us.

The dude had style and great sense of humor. I miss him.

tumblr_ltqnl7YFhQ1qcm0i5o4_250.gif

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I'm not expecting DMC5, to be honest. DMC4 SE could just be a way to appease fans of the classic DMC, while at the same time releasing DmC Definitive Edition for the DmC fans. Money from both sides... win/win.

But, who knows. If Capcom somehow has seen the light (that DmC isn't as popular as DMC and will make them less money), then they might continue with DMC. If Kobayashi and Itsuno feel like it, they may very well develop it.
I sure hope they do -- it's time that DMC continued and explained who Nero is. It's time for his story to be told, and eventually ended.

I'm also waiting for classic Dante to return - hopefully he'll be like DMC1 Dante combined with DMC4 Dante or something. That said, I like Nero a lot too.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
to be honest, it could go either way with DMC5 and there is no guarantee what they do with it if DMC5 actually gets made.

So i'm a wait and see and be open to possibilities.

If i like it, i like it. If i dont, i dont.

Im skeptical on whether or not Nero would get his origins revealed since they dont have a good track record with using the continuity and lore but im not sure of the full story so i would give them the benefit of the doubt

HandsomePeanut

Satan Claus
I think it is a bit early to say what this means about the fate of the Devil May Cry franchise: a crappy port with a Vergil skin in my eyes means continuing with the reboot.

However, if we a get a good port with lots of extras I think it means one thing: Capcom has decided to continue with the original continuity. This doesn't mean a DMC5 is in any stage of development, just that they realize that the original is more profitable and wanted than the reboot. That likely means a future DMC5, but not that one is in development (though Gods please let it be).

Poroner

I,Buki,Mio,Da
My guess is that if DMC4 SE does well then they might consider making DMC5 ... or maybe it is just their last gift for us and they will stop DMC forever and ever...
Lets just hope it's not the latter.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
if anything, I see this as their way of resolving the doubt once and for all. DMC4 and DmC will both have special editions released simultaneously, on the same systems. This time there won't be any excuses about timing, fanbase, or the distraction of other games to explain sales numbers; both games will be on equal terms. May the best selling game win, and see a sequel.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
if anything, I see this as their way of resolving the doubt once and for all. DMC4 and DmC will both have special editions released simultaneously, on the same systems. This time there won't be any excuses about timing, fanbase, or the distraction of other games to explain sales numbers; both games will be on equal terms. May the best selling game win, and see a sequel.

Actually, they don't launch simultaneously. DmC DE comes out in March, and DMC4 SE in summer, meaning at least 3 months after DmC.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
" Hey Dante will we meet again?"

No, Those fudges rebooted me..

lol

I expected anything Devil May Cry, 5, 2nd, another reboot.. anything will make me smile

Top Bottom