• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Halloween "What to play" suggestions thread

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Hey there's one for movies, why not one for games.

My personal suggestions are:

- F.E.A.R.

wallpaper_137.jpg

A really spooky horror shooter that plays with the Japanese concept of ghost and is sure to make you jump on the chair.

- Alien: Isolation

AlienIsolationWallpaper_Phase-2.jpg

Nothing more terrifying than a menace you cannot defeat. Isolation will immerse you in the perfectly reproduced world of Alien. Tension and creepiness assured.

- Cryostasis

22508.jpg

Ghosts and presences from a tragic past would be enough for a spooky atmosphere, but add the tension and feeling of urgency to constantly find a heat source not to die from cold and you got one hell of a tense atmosphere and a scary game.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Well i mostly on Halloween this year propably end playing RE games but also old SF horror game System Shock 2, so those games are also in horror theme since those i played beside free horror game SCP : CB. So well those are mine propositions since im not all time in horror genre still.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
From new one:
4-evil-within-cover-art.jpg

Really liked this as mix of RE, SH and Hellraiser.

from older ones
undying_cover_9385.jpg

old but gold. perfect spooky house/lovecraft tale in form of survival Fps from Clive Barker

header.jpg

another great game sadly suffering from underdeveloped process (it was made by only one guy in the end) Still roaming streets of Innsmouth was never as fun :D

sh_the_movie_art_01.jpg

Pretty much from 1-4 to Downpour. Its prob my favourite horror franchise.

haven't played but really hope to do so.
splash_main.jpg

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
Rather than a horror game, I'd like to suggest a game that recently came out and just captures the fun side of Halloween rather than the spooky part.
undertale_logo.png

How's going on a date with a Skeleton sound?
How about meeting a ghost with low self esteem?
How about going to a world where one of the scariest things is a talking flower (Trust me...it's a scary f*cking flower).
Undertale's one of the freshest and most charming RPGs I've played in a while, and while it's no horror game, it's definitely got some spooks up it's sleeve, but for the most part, it's just a fun game that like I said; captures the fun side of Halloween.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Dead Space. Only the first one though. Fighting off monsters...IN SPACE!
header.jpg

Project Zero/Fatal Frame. Classic Japanese horror.
maxresdefault.jpg

And lastly, Siren: Blood Curse. A remake of the original Siren. Blending Western and Eastern horror.
Siren_Wallpaper7-HD.jpg

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
header.jpg

Penumbra is pretty good predescor to Amnesia. Only first and second through

For a pretty decen action horror this one is good too:
the_suffering__ties_that_bind_wallpaper_by_torquesangel-d4mwqr2.jpg

I say this one with caution though I didnt find it particularly scary or anything:
maxresdefault.jpg

Top Bottom