• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Guardian Angels

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, you all probably know mine already. His name is Aden. He's my "new" avatar, which I found on my computer only recently. I drew it when I was 10, when Aden left.

So, anyone else have a guardian angel, or something like one?

Meg

I know I do. I just don't know their name. Whoever they are, they are pretty darn great.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wow. I seem to be the only one who both knows their guardian angel's name AND what they look like.

Meg

DreadnoughtDT;231350 said:
Wow. I seem to be the only one who both knows their guardian angel's name AND what they look like.

Well I'm one of those religious people that believes everyone has an angel that watches over them. so that's what I meant with my reply.

aka958

Don't trust people
I have never believed something is watching over me.
I've always had bad scenarios, nothing has ever been going my way.

I guess I've had the opposite, a devil out there trying to hurt me. Of course, I've been standing tall and fast through all those events, but I won't give some false guardian the honor I deserve.

Good to know you've been lucky though!

aka958

Don't trust people
No, I'm not talking about your guardian angels.
I know nothing about that, I was talking to give my honor to a false guardian of mine, because there is no guardian angel watching over me.

CloudStryker

Surviving
I don't mean to offend anyone with this but heres my view.
Personnaly, I think there are no angels protecting you, no demons hunting and none of this "what goes around comes arond" stuff.
What hapens happens and there is NOTHING you can do about it.
If you get hit by a car which has "accidently" spun out and kills you, well thats you. Dead. If not, it wasn't your time.
It's fate and I don't like it anymore than the rest of you but thats that,
I don't like the fact that your life is laid out for you, where your decisions are already made before you knew you had to make them, I don't like it but thats it.
And that's my view.
Like I said, I'm not trying to offend anyone or trying to spoil your beliefs, so by all means critisise anything I said if you dissagree.

P.S. And yes I know I can't spell for a Klondike Bar.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, I don't exactly agree with that, so please take note that what I say isn't pointed at you directly, but everyone.

Fate isn't something set in stone. The future is always there to be predicted, yes, but it's not always right. And I'm sure guardian angels are real. I've not only seen Aden, I've talked to him. Touched him, even. I know he's real.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
I don't want to cause a fuss or an argument but I don't believe anything mystical affects anyone...

To me, there is no such thing as fate, angels, demons, spirits, ghouls, ghosts, god/s, chi, karma or anything like that. There's no scientific evidence that's been shown to me, so I have no reason to believe in it.

aka958

Don't trust people
CloudStryker;231404 said:
I don't mean to offend anyone with this but heres my view.
Personnaly, I think there are no angels protecting you, no demons hunting and none of this "what goes around comes arond" stuff.
What hapens happens and there is NOTHING you can do about it.
If you get hit by a car which has "accidently" spun out and kills you, well thats you. Dead. If not, it wasn't your time.
It's fate and I don't like it anymore than the rest of you but thats that,
I don't like the fact that your life is laid out for you, where your decisions are already made before you knew you had to make them, I don't like it but thats it.
And that's my view.
Like I said, I'm not trying to offend anyone or trying to spoil your beliefs, so by all means critisise anything I said if you dissagree.

P.S. And yes I know I can't spell for a Klondike Bar.

BAH! Your stating your opinion as a fact!
There is nothing laid out to you, every decision made by everyone is changing the path of the future to come. Get a hold of yourself! It all comes down to one thing: decisions.

My thought is that the guardian angels is a part of your mind. It's something that guides you in an appearance which your strongly have trust in. I have a sub conscious (spelled wrong?) that takes form in other people I've met depending on the situation, it does nothing but grudge me.

Vauxchen-kun;231427 said:
I don't want to cause a fuss or an argument but I don't believe anything mystical affects anyone...

To me, there is no such thing as fate, angels, demons, spirits, ghouls, ghosts, god/s, chi, karma or anything like that. There's no scientific evidence that's been shown to me, so I have no reason to believe in it.

This! But some evidence is self explanatory and does not need science to support it since it's a known fact only that none have found a way to prove it yet.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
I'd say that for those of you who do believe in guardian angels, religion, etc, are in need of some kinda of comforting stories. If you believe there's an afterlife, you won't fear death as much. If you believe that you've got a guardian angel, you'll have more confidence.
I'm not trying to say that my view is matter of fact it's just my opinion.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
mine fends off IT

i know i have one or IT would have killed me already

but i don't know who it is

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Someone watching over you is a nice thought... till you think about them watching over you while you pee - or worse.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
aka958;231434 said:
This! But some evidence is self explanatory and does not need science to support it since it's a known fact only that none have found a way to prove it yet.

None have been able to prove it because it's SOOO easy to hallucinate and for it to be completely believable to you, but scientifically, it's cleared out that myth. I feel kinda bad for analysing peoples beliefs.

Laurence Barnes

Premium
Lexy;231542 said:
Someone watching over you is a nice thought... till you think about them watching over you while you pee - or worse.

i know>_<especially when it's your family

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Lexy;231542 said:

I'm pretty sure Aden and I don't mind.

Laurence Barnes

Premium
i wonder what my angel looks like

he must be tired from fending off it

i'll set out cookies

oh we ran out of mix:(

Top Bottom