• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gray Fox and Raiden

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
They never met each other. Raiden's cyborg enhancements were based on Gray Fox's mechanical exoskeleton. And that's about it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Raiden's a b#tch.

Look who's talking. I mean, you bring this crap up every time Raiden is mentioned like a broken record. B#tching about a b#tch. Hmmm interesting.

And of course it doesn't add anything to the discussion and doesn't even have anything to do with the question @Vergillicious asked. Pretty sure she wasn't looking for that kind of comments.

KRSkull

They might be connected.
They did live really similar lives, They have the same pale skin, white hair and blue eyes, Fox had to save Noami and Raiden had to save Sonny. Both were products of testing. Both lost an arm to save Snakes life. Both were turned into Cyborg ninjas.

berto

I Saw the Devil
@Chancey289 @Foxtrot94
First of all you can say bitch, it is within the parimiters we've established, which are if you can say it on american public broadcasting you can say it he. We'd still like people to keep it mature but we won't put you out for the night.

Second, be civil. Chancey, don't you have a more eloquent way of expressing your opinion? It hardly adds to the discussion to simply go 'nope, he's a bitch, good night.' Foxtrot, every one is entitled to their opinion, no need to srart throwing insults around.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Foxtrot, every one is entitled to their opinion

Oh I know. But it's very bugging when it's just randomly thrown in there for the hell of it, not having anything to do with what's being talked about.

It's as if I ask "Are tigers and cats related somehow?" and someone replies "Yeah. But cats are bitches."... I mean, wut?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
@Chancey289 @Foxtrot94
First of all you can say bitch, it is within the parimiters we've established, which are if you can say it on american public broadcasting you can say it he. We'd still like people to keep it mature but we won't put you out for the night.

Second, be civil. Chancey, don't you have a more eloquent way of expressing your opinion? It hardly adds to the discussion to simply go 'nope, he's a bitch, good night.' Foxtrot, every one is entitled to their opinion, no need to srart throwing insults around.
He just called me a bitch, I'm just talking about a dumb fictional character. The only reason I didn't say anything is because it wouldn't have been anything nice and you'd have a reason to correct me.

KRSkull

He just called me a bitch, I'm just talking about a dumb fictional character. The only reason I didn't say anything is because it wouldn't have been anything nice and you'd have a reason to correct me.

He isn't a dumb fictional character. He is much better than what you and most people who hate Metal Gear think.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
He just called me a bitch, I'm just talking about a dumb fictional character.

I swear to god, you ALWAYS fail to understand this point no matter how many times you're told. It's not what you talk about.

I don't give a damn about Raiden. Cause I never got into MG and thus I don't care about its characters.

However I am bugged by how you always feel the need to bring toxicity and hate even in threads where it doesn't have anything to do with the topic. I could understand if the thread was about how you like Gray Fox or Raiden so it would make sense to express your dislike for one of the two. But the topic and the question asked by the OP was of another nature altogether, your comment doesn't make any sense being thrown in randomly like that, and only serves to unnecessarily bring hate into the thread.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I swear to god, you ALWAYS fail to understand this point no matter how many times you're told. It's not what you talk about.

I don't give a damn about Raiden. Cause I never got into MG and thus I don't care about its characters.

However I am bugged by how you always feel the need to bring toxicity and hate even in threads where it doesn't have anything to do with the topic. I could understand if the thread was about how you like Gray Fox or Raiden so it makes sense to express your dislike for one of the two. But the topic and the question asked by the OP was of another matter altogether, your comment doesn't make any sense being thrown in randomly like that, and only serves to unnecessarily bring hate into the thread.
I don't care how you feel about the way I express myself. I wasn't breaking any rules or anything. I was still just talking about a freaking video game character, not anyone here. And you had to be a jerk and make it personal.

I'm outie anyway. It wasn't my intention to start anything, but someone had to. And before I get uber ****ed, I'm just backing away.

Last edited:

Kurisu

Bunny mom
Well, going back to the topic... KRSkull made a good point. Some theories say that maybe Gray Fox is Raiden's dad but... I don't know, seems weird. Maybe the only connections are the ones KRSkull said. I see them like this: Gray Fox ended being killed being a Cyborg Ninja and got his girlfriend killed too. Raiden maybe is like some type of: What would happen if things were good for him? I mean, even of what happened to him he still recovered, and he has a good life with Rose and his kid, unlike Gray Fox.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I don't care how you feel about the way I express myself. I can talk however I want.

No you can't. When you talk with people, you have to take into account how they could feel about the way you talk. It's the damn ABC of human relationships, virtual or real.

Yeah, like I said.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
raiden is grey fox's son, the mother is a bitch (aha! bitch again) fox met at a street.. wait.. in all seriousness tho, pretty cool if they actually related --not necessarily blood related

KRSkull

Well, going back to the topic... KRSkull made a good point. Some theories say that maybe Gray Fox is Raiden's dad but... I don't know, seems weird. Maybe the only connections are the ones KRSkull said. I see them like this: Gray Fox ended being killed being a Cyborg Ninja and got his girlfriend killed too. Raiden maybe is like some type of: What would happen if things were good for him? I mean, even of what happened to him he still recovered, and he has a good life with Rose and his kid, unlike Gray Fox.

Fox became romantically involved with Czech figure skating champion Gustava Heffner. So maybe they had a child before they died.

Viper

Premium
Fox became romantically involved with Czech figure skating champion Gustava Heffner. So maybe they had a child before they died.
Raiden was born sometime in early 1980s, source claims 1983, in Liberia, to a pair of missionaries that were soon killed by Solidus. Fox and Gustava didn't meet until 1988 Olympics in Canada.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
Raiden knew about him because he read the book about Shadow Moses before MGS2 but other than that I don't think they have a familial connection nor do they need one. It be like revealing Amanda from Peace Walker was/is Meryl's mom, it be cool but not necessary.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
MGS is strongly utilizes parallel destinies concept. Like for example: Big Boss looses an eye and solidus looses an eye, etc. If Spec Ops canon (I'm not sure they are), Big Boss acted like father figure to Fox, managing to convince him he's more than simple killing machine. Solid Snake does same for Raiden in the end of MGSIV, convincing him not to give up on his family. Basically it makes Raiden spiritual successor of the Fox making them unrelated by blood, but related by place they taking in MGS universe.

KRSkull

Raiden was born sometime in early 1980s, source claims 1983, in Liberia, to a pair of missionaries that were soon killed by Solidus. Fox and Gustava didn't meet until 1988 Olympics in Canada.

Well that theory is busted.

MGS is strongly utilizes parallel destinies concept. Like for example: Big Boss looses an eye and solidus looses an eye, etc. If Spec Ops canon (I'm not sure they are), Big Boss acted like father figure to Fox, managing to convince him he's more than simple killing machine. Solid Snake does same for Raiden in the end of MGSIV, convincing him not to give up on his family. Basically it makes Raiden spiritual successor of the Fox making them unrelated by blood, but related by place they taking in MGS universe.

That makes a lot of sense.

Top Bottom