• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Golden Joystick awards

EnJ

Shade
"DmC is nominated for 2 Golden Joysticks awards: Best Visual Design & Best Gaming moment!"

https://twitter.com/DevilMayCry

PS Voted for Bioshock and MGR
tumblr_mil7ooYR1U1qj0ouyo1_500.png

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Voted for Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon and Metal Gear Rising. DmC deserves nothing.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Not voting for anything though. But to me, DmC was better with visuals. The bob barbas fight, not so much. Studio of the year, definitely Ninja Theory.

Lol that capcom didn't even get on developer of the year.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DmC has fantastic visual design. The sh!t Limbo does and the variety of aesthetics it is indeed an impressive feat and makes for one great looking game.

As for moment I'm going for Vaas's insanity monologue in Far Cry 3. I just LOVE his performance and listening to it gave me goosebumps. I would love the Bob Barbas fight more if they did more with it. It's a very interesting set up but, I wanted to spend a whole level in news channel land.

seraphmaycry

in my opinion the only game that deserves to be on the best moment and best visual design list is borderlands

the others are not anything special

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Ugh. I hate Borderlands. It's so overrated and just boring. I like the comic book ish visuals but other than that the game totally blows. BOREDerlands. :/

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I mostly voted for DmC because I haven't played the other games. But DmC does deserve something. There was a lot of work put into it, so there should be some recognition.

There's a lot of people who are unfairly biased and condemned this game since day 1. They already go out of there trying to make sure DmC gets no props whatsoever. I don't think it will win anything. I wouldn't side with DmC on the best moment because I just love Vaas's monologue so much. That character was just so awesome to me.

However visual design should totally go to DmC. Limbo was awesome and with so many games that just look the same DmC's design was refreshing with its bright color pallet and also creative aesthetics. The artist were definitely some of the all stars of this game.

seraphmaycry

Ugh. I hate Borderlands. It's so overrated and just boring. I like the comic book ish visuals but other than that the game totally blows. BOREDerlands. :/

i only enjoy it when im playing with freinds, arguing over the guns is way more fun then game itself :D

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
in my opinion the only game that deserves to be on the best moment and best visual design list is borderlands

the others are not anything special
Borderlands 2 is one of the best FPS games of this gen, it's basically a 2nd Just Cause 2, great gameplay that keeps you playing, but yeah it's a 2012 game, no point in voting for it really, it already won 4 awards at the VGAs.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I voted for DmC on the visuals because they are beautiful. Friggin hell Limbo was impressive.

But best gaming moment....WHAAAAT!? They choose Boss Barbas as the best gaming moment? >.< they really expect me to pick that over the one for The Last of Us with Joel's loss, are you kidding me? Sorry, but Joel gets my vote, that scene with his daughter had me in tears. I'll pick a tear jerking moment over awes of a giant boss fight anyday

Damn you Golden Joystick, if you'd had Kitty's shooting scene there I would've voted in a heartbeat.

Oh hey, Ninja Theory's on the Studio of the Year list =D *click*

EnJ

Shade
Prediction...Visual Design winner is Bioshock, Best moment - TLOU, Studio of the year - Naughty dog\DICE (or Riot games if they want it)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Borderlands 2 is one of the best FPS games of this gen, it's basically a 2nd Just Cause 2, great gameplay that keeps you playing, but yeah it's a 2012 game, no point in voting for it really, it already won 4 awards at the VGAs.

I'd rather go with games like Far Cry 3 and Gotham City Impostors. Borderlands is just boring as hell. You basically do the same sh!t over and over again. Shoot a bunch of people in junk yards and pick up their sh!t. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I don't give a sh!t what awards they won. A lot of people like crap nowadays. It's why CoD isn't dead.

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
I voted for Borderlands 2 in Visual, I loved the style more it seemed more work was put in it(The more I look at DmC, the more the visuals start to bleed and just look muddy, even on PC).

Didn't pick DmC for best gaming moment because it didn't make any sense how fighting Bob Barbas was a great moment (in my opinion). Music didn't set the mood and I didn't feel anything to push me into thinking it was during the fight. I picked MGR because of the music setting the atmosphere, the mood and pressure was great.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
People might take what you say a bit more seriously if your posts didn't turn into: "I like DmC, it's not fair they won't vote for it." and then essentially posting straight afterwards: "I hate Borderlands, nobody should vote for it."

3r8z6a.jpg

Borderlands does alot right besides it's visuals, it's not the game's fault that you don't find the "Shoot n' Loot" formula to be any fun.

I do agree though that DmC should be a strong contender for Visual Design but i'll be honest, i reckon Ni no Kuni or Blood Dragon will win but then again with the nature of these award shows i wouldn't be surprised if Halo 4 wins it.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
People might take what you say a bit more seriously if your posts didn't turn into: "I like DmC, it's not fair they won't vote for it." and then essentially posting straight afterwards: "I hate Borderlands, nobody should vote for it."

Except, I never said that stuff. :/

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Except, I never said that stuff. :/

I'm breaking down your posts, if you want me to actually quote you then:

I'd rather go with games like Far Cry 3 and Gotham City Impostors. Borderlands is just boring as hell. You basically do the same sh!t over and over again. Shoot a bunch of people in junk yards and pick up their sh!t. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I don't give a sh!t what awards they won. A lot of people like crap nowadays. It's why CoD isn't dead.

I read this post and all i see is "This game isn't worth voting for", am i wrong? I mean, do please correct me if i am wrong but you are calling the game "crap", or have i confused your stance on this game? Ergo: You wouldn't recommend anybody to vote for it.

Do please correct me, by all means.

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
I voted for DmC on the visuals because they are beautiful. Friggin hell Limbo was impressive.

But best gaming moment....WHAAAAT!? They choose Boss Barbas as the best gaming moment? >_< they really expect me to pick that over the one for The Last of Us with Joel's loss, are you kidding me? Sorry, but Joel gets my vote, that scene with his daughter had me in tears. I'll pick a tear jerking moment over awes of a giant boss fight anyday

Damn you Golden Joystick, if you'd had Kitty's shooting scene there I would've voted in a heartbeat.

Oh hey, Ninja Theory's on the Studio of the Year list =D *click*

After all that's happened for the past 2(or three years), its highly doubtful it will be Studio of the year.

Not saying it won't get votes, but its doubtful.:/

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'm breaking down your posts, if you want me to actually quote you then:

I read this post and all i see is "This game isn't worth voting for", am i wrong? I mean, do please correct me if i am wrong but you are calling the game "crap", or have i confused your stance on this game? Ergo: You wouldn't recommend anybody to vote for it.

Do please correct me, by all means.

I couldn't care less what people vote for. Vote for whatever you want. I'm just saying Borderlands sucks and I have every right too.

Top Bottom