• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General Gaming News

berto

I Saw the Devil
I thought about starting a thread about this but I figured that it was just a tidbit of news that it didn't need s a whole thread.

So, first bit of news:

PS4 soon to be PS2 compatible:
http://www.wired.com/2015/11/playstation-2-emulation-coming-to-ps4-sony-confirms/
http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/20/sonys-adding-playstation-2-backwards-compatibility-to-the-ps4/

Low down: Uncertain if it will be disc support or digital only or both but it's a thing now. Well, officially. It's been a thing for almost 2 years now.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
It better be the entire PS2 library. Also if it is a region free emulation it'll be fantastic, I wanna try some Japan only games.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
This just makes me want a PS4 even more. I can FINALLY play those PS2 games I wanted to play again.

THUG2
Musashi Samurai Legend
SSX Tricky

berto

I Saw the Devil
How will it have trophy support is what I want to know. I like the idea but it seems to me like it might not be as glamorous as immediate as what's been promised. I specially think that this is might be a bit much considering that there are 4,000 games on the PS2, add to that the possibility of the PS1 been ran on the PS4 and that's another 2,000 titles. Who's going to set up the trophies? Is it going to be up to each developer to do it for their games? What about studios that are long since defunct? That's a lot of games. I still play PS2 games and I don't do it for the trophies but I do feel like it's a bit unfair to exclude certain games from the list.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
How will it have trophy support is what I want to know. I like the idea but it seems to me like it might not be as glamorous as immediate as what's been promised. I specially think that this is might be a bit much considering that there are 4,000 games on the PS2, add to that the possibility of the PS1 been ran on the PS4 and that's another 2,000 titles. Who's going to set up the trophies? Is it going to be up to each developer to do it for their games? What about studios that are long since defunct? That's a lot of games. I still play PS2 games and I don't do it for the trophies but I do feel like it's a bit unfair to exclude certain games from the list.

Do we really need trophies though?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Do we really need trophies though?
Whether we need it or not I've read that it was in the works. Someone had a video describing how it works right now so it's already possible that's it's coming with it.

Edit: Grain of salt and all that, because it needs to be said, every time.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
How will it have trophy support is what I want to know..
I think 2 years ago there was patent on technology that would be able to set trophies on different checkpoints in the game, without them being hardcoded

Dark Drakan

Admin
Low down: Uncertain if it will be disc support or digital only or both but it's a thing now. Well, officially. It's been a thing for almost 2 years now.

They have currently issued a no comment on disc based emulation at the moment according to sources. Most are saying its likely to be digital only and this is the most realistic scenario. Not only this but they are likely to charge you for them again too on PSN.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, here are the bad news of the day. PS2 classics are now available for purchase via the PSN store. Some titles are up now but if you bought games on your PS3 or you have a disc for your PS2 they don't work on your PS4... What bulls***.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Well, here are the bad news of the day. PS2 classics are now available for purchase via the PSN store. Some titles are up now but if you bought games on your PS3 or you have a disc for your PS2 they don't work on your PS4... What bulls***.

Statement from Shuhei Yoshida, the head of Sony Worldwide Studios

To celebrate our PS2 heritage, I’m excited to announce that starting tomorrow, you will be able to purchase and play PS2 games on your PS4 via PlayStation Store in the Americas and Europe. We are getting things started with a bang by launching with eight fan favorites tomorrow.

In total, there are eight games that will go live today with additional features like 1080p re-rendering, Remote Play, Live Broadcast, Share Play, Activity Feeds, and Second Screen.​

• Dark Cloud — $14.99
  • Grand Theft Auto III — $14.99
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City — $14.99
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas — $14.99
  • Rogue Galaxy — $14.99
  • The Mark of Kri — $14.99
  • Twisted Metal: Black — $9.99
  • War of the Monsters — $9.99

Top Bottom