• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General Gaming News

Kaori

Rather unfortunately, my worst fears about Annapurna Interactive and Silent Hill: Townfall seem to have came true tonight. Although I just kind of knew after all this time of receiving bugger all news, that something like this might have been happening in quiet. And I hate being right, but have a look for yourself.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I remember how absolutely hyped everyone was that day, when Konami announced all those SH projects. I didn't say anything at the time but I had a feeling that Konami was still Konami and that they would still be misunderstanding their product and their audience. I was hoping that this was a turnaround like what Capcom did all those years ago, especially since I was really impressed with the f trailer and wanted to see more. These consecutive posts, though, don't paint an optimistic outlook, though.

Kaori

For once, it doesn't seem to be Konami's fault. This team was engaged in an argument over who should have leadership of their group. Although I'm now worried about f due to the long radio silence on these projects.

I'm just waiting on someone saying that Silent Hill: Townfall has become the Silent Hills of the 2020s. This ain't even funny anymore. :(

berto

I Saw the Devil
Maybe they really are cursed. This might be karma for what they did to the original staff of SH.

Kaori

Maybe they really are cursed. This might be karma for what they did to the original staff of SH.

I forgot that No Code from Glasgow are developing it. Annapurna Interactive was intended to be the publisher, so maybe they will just release it under Konami's banner or another company, much like the other games not made by Team Silent.

berto

I Saw the Devil
These two have been very talkative these last few weeks. I already bought a copy of Lollipop Chainsaw and spent an arm and part of my foot on the Shadows of the Damned collector's edition. LC is $40 bucks digitally. I think I'll wait to see if there's a sale on Halloween. Shadows is only $25. I'll preorder the digital since the collectors edition won't arrive till next March.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
They did a great job on re2 and re4 remakes, so i am excited for code veronica.

3's major problem was too much cuts, if they avoid that then it should be great.

Kaori

Yeah. RE3 was a disgrace. They had a cut and pasted lab at the end, instead of the waste disposal plant. And no Barry cameo.

Barry always saved Jill. That's 100% canon.

Does Capcom even know what's canon!?

:ROFL:

There's a few old school horror games in the works. Echoes of the Living looks just great.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Dead Rising Deluxe Edition story trailer.

How the Ukraine conflict impacted Stalker 2's development.

Q&A with Slitterhead's director Keiichiro Toyama.

Last edited:

Kaori

I don't know why, but Slitterhead doesn't interest me much compared to other games in the genre. So I may just watch a 'let's play' of it when it comes out to see if my opinion changes.

Kaori

What about Europe?

I would love to play it, as I once owned all the other games. Some people even count Capcom's Haunting Ground as part of the series, but it ain't really part of it. They just have a similar premise.

Oh, and a user named Burton on Biohaze told me that Dusk Golem recently had this to say about the RE remakes...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Never understood the appeal of narrative only or walking sim like games

But each to their own, there is a fanbase for everything.
its similar to rpgs- its the idea of play acting- making choices etc.

they could do with the gameplay front- ie life of strange could explore steatlh mechanics more.

Top Bottom