• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General Gaming News

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium

we need a new Metal Gear entry first as a new creative lead wont pop up from the remakes.
Genuinely, I think the series should just be put to rest at this point. A Metal Gear game now without Kojima is like making Twin Peaks without David Lynch and that is no bueno.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Nah leave metal gear alone, mg survive is proof enough that konami can't make mgs without kojima.

A reboot maybe so ye can make a different version, but a new entry in the current series, no way.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Lain @ef9dante_oSsshea
there have been Metal gear games without kojima before survive but kojima's influence lingers on. A new metal gear without kojima is inevitable but always a gamble.

Alleast we'll have Physint to look forward to.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
^^^^ @Lain Said it in a nutshell ha ha, all non kojima mg games range from meh to crap

They can't recreate his process, so outside of a reboot with a new take, most mgs fans will skip a new entry in the main timeline without him. I know i will, and i am a gigantic mgs fan. Doom ,DMC Halo , zelda and mgs are my all time fav franchises.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020

So, 700 usd, 700 gbp and 800 euro. That does not include a disc drive for people with physical games as it is all digital, or a stand which are sold seprately and will add 130-150 to the cost.

It is 45% more powerful than the base ps5 and about 20 to 25% over the series x. It will use upscaling technology to improve resolution figures in performance modes and will have better ray tracing.

The cpu is 10% over base ps5. At over 900 euro that is a hard pass for me and for most, will likely sell less than ps4 pro did. I will stick with my launch ps5. Upgrades do not justify that pricepoint.

berto

I Saw the Devil

So, 700 usd, 700 gbp and 800 euro. That does not include a disc drive for people with physical games as it is all digital, or a stand which are sold seprately and will add 130-150 to the cost.

It is 45% more powerful than the base ps5 and about 20 to 25% over the series x. It will use upscaling technology to improve resolution figures in performance modes and will have better ray tracing.

The cpu is 10% over base ps5. At over 900 euro that is a hard pass for me and for most, will likely sell less than ps4 pro did. I will stick with my launch ps5. Upgrades do not justify that pricepoint.
There is a huge backlash over all of this but I've also seen others who are more level headed about why this is even a thing. The fact is, this Pro is not mandatory. This is for those who care enough to buy it. The price comes from the parts and Sony probably knows how it all looks and aren't as self indulgent as people think. They actually know what they are saying and how it looks. This is not a system for the general consumer, this is for the most dedicated of players. There are two versions of the PS5 for the average Joe and this is only for those that spend time tweaking their graphics on their games. While I do want one I don't think I'll be getting one for the first 2 years. I can wait till things go down and I can afford this thing.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
There is a huge backlash over all of this but I've also seen others who are more level headed about why this is even a thing. The fact is, this Pro is not mandatory. This is for those who care enough to buy it. The price comes from the parts and Sony probably knows how it all looks and aren't as self indulgent as people think. They actually know what they are saying and how it looks. This is not a system for the general consumer, this is for the most dedicated of players. There are two versions of the PS5 for the average Joe and this is only for those that spend time tweaking their graphics on their games. While I do want one I don't think I'll be getting one for the first 2 years. I can wait till things go down and I can afford this thing.
Oh there are of course some benefits, but with rumours of the next xbox in 2026 or 2027 and a pc/console hybrid and then the ps6 to follow after

It seems pointless, it is the same cpu as the base model so cpu heavy games will still have bottlenecks, and ya it will run ps4 and ps5 games already released a little bit better. Though at 800 euro in europe, shouldn't that warrant a bigger increase and upgrade over the launch model like xbox one x and ps4 did.

If u do not have a ps5 and can afford it , then it is a good choice, but it seems like a huge r&d cost for a console that may sell pretty poorly in the long run and they are just coming off losing money on concord and other things. It is a big bet to make, i will get one at the end of the gen just to have as i am a console and handheld collector. I will not be buying one to use though, i will wait for ps6 instead. I hope the people that buy one enjoy it, but i just don't see the value of it with minor upgrades.

Also with the last 2 years and growing inflation, it may cost more a year or two from now than it does now.

Top Bottom