• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General Gaming News

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
They said it was designed from player and developer feedback. Personally it reminds me of a Star Trek design.
That's good. I just like the old controller because the handles are like... sticking out, so you have room to rest your wrist. I'm not complaining, I like the controller, don't get me wrong.

berto

I Saw the Devil
@Carlos Yeah, me too. I also think they should've kept the two 'towers' they had for the triggers rather than get rid of them. now that top is just a curve. It was a part of the DS' silhouette and it would've helped to keep a familiarity to the design.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
@Carlos Yeah, me too. I also think they should've kept the two 'towers' they had for the triggers rather than get rid of them. now that top is just a curve. It was a part of the DS' silhouette and it would've helped to keep a familiarity to the design.
Yeah exactly.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm sure the situation means that a great deal of the general events will be digital for the time being. This one has me peaked just on the note that they showed a bit of Bayonetta footage. I'm hoping these people aren't so unattached that they'd actually pick random game footage rather than footage relevant to the things they'll be showing.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium

Key Features:
WRITE YOUR VIKING SAGA – Advanced RPG mechanics allow you to shape the growth of your character and influence the world around you. With every choice you make, from political alliances and combat strategy to dialogue and gear progression, you will carve your own path to glory.
VISCERAL COMBAT SYSTEM – Dual-wield powerful weapons such as axes, swords, and even shields to relive the ruthless fighting style of the Viking warriors. Brutally decapitate your foes, vanquish them from afar, or stealthily assassinate targets with your hidden blade. Challenge yourself with the most varied collection of deadly enemies ever found in an Assassin’s Creed game.
A DARK AGE OPEN WORLD – Sail from the harsh and mysterious shores of Norway to the beautiful but forbidding kingdoms of England and beyond. Immerse yourself in the Viking way of life through fishing, hunting, drinking games, and more.
LEAD EPIC RAIDS – Launch massive assaults against Saxon troops and fortresses throughout England. Lead your clan in surprise attacks from your longship and pillage enemy territories to bring riches and resources back to your people.
GROW YOUR SETTLEMENT
– Construct and upgrade buildings that allow for deep customization, including a barracks, blacksmith, tattoo parlor, and more. Recruit new members to your clan and personalize your Viking experience.
MERCENARY VIKINGS – Create and customize a unique Viking raider within your clan and share it online with friends to use during their own raids.

Okay, so I know Ubisoft have never been the most historically accurate when it comes to Assassin's Creed... but wow, it takes gumption to portray the raiding Vikings as heroes and Alfred the Great as an evil man for wanting to defend his home and people. :tongue:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020

Okay, so I know Ubisoft have never been the most historically accurate when it comes to Assassin's Creed... but wow, it takes gumption to portray the raiding Vikings as heroes and Alfred the Great as an evil man for wanting to defend his home and people. :tongue:
If anything, Assassin's Creed looks like the "Vikings" show. I almost took the CG for Vikings (the show). It's not entirely based on realism. The story seems to be based after or around the Ragnar Lothbrok legend.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Fun fact about Vikings the tv show, it's all filmed here in ireland

As for ac Valhalla, I'm probably going to pass

I got into ac over the setting , story and conflict between assassins and templars

This new rpg method they brought in for the combat and abilities etc has put me off

Especially with how bland the last protagonist siblings were in odyssey, and the story of that game too

Last proper stealth and good combat balance was in unity

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Isn't that more down to ubisoft than Microsoft though

Either way I'm getting both next gen consoles the end of this year

I'm kind of annoyed there was no showing of

Atomic heart
Cyberpunk 2077
Ghostwire Tokyo
The avengers game at the xbox show, but they have said they will do monthly shows from now til the end of the year

So there is time for those

And where is the update on dying light 2 or beyond good and evil 2

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
That's what they get for giving it the title "gameplay trailer"
What gameplay...?
Isn't that more down to ubisoft than Microsoft though
They're both getting flack for it. Both companies are at fault for hyping the show, and the trailer as "Gameplay."

DIRT5 doesn't look next gen. Call of the Sea doesn't look next gen.

Bloodlines 2 doesn't look next gen.
Scarlet Nexus doesn't look next gen.
The only one that looks remotely looks next gen is Bright Memory Infinite. My issue is that it's a Chinese developer, I don't have an issue with Chinese people, just the disgusting CCP. I don't want to support CCP.
The biggest title for me is The Ascent. That looks good. Bring it to PS5, and I'll buy a copy.
Either way I'm getting both next gen consoles the end of this year

I'm kind of annoyed there was no showing of

Atomic heart
Cyberpunk 2077
Ghostwire Tokyo
The avengers game at the xbox show, but they have said they will do monthly shows from now til the end of the year

So there is time for those

And where is the update on dying light 2 or beyond good and evil 2
My guess is a lot of developers are trying to adapt to the current epidemic (COVID19), and probably trying to move projects to next gen. Cyberpunk is still current gen according to the devs.

Last edited:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Weird. I could've sworn the thing you were quoting was from a GoTsu vid. Never you mind, then.
He said "That's what they get for giving it the title gameplay trailer" to the Assassin's Creed "gameplay" trailer, it was debuted on Inside Xbox that day. There's a whole controversy to that, and the livestream. It was stupid.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think what they wanted was to showcase the new game engine or something. They did something similar for AC3 as they showcased AnvilNext. So they should have titled it differently.

I guess it really is all in the name.

With Valhalla I'm lukewarm on it.

Top Bottom