• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General Gaming News

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I still can't believe this coming next year. I waited for it more than 10 years.
I was 11 when the first game came out. And I'll be 28 a month after it comes out. Tell me about it.

As much as people complained about waiting so long, we had it better than FFXV fans. At least we had different games to play these 10+ years.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I was 11 when the first game came out. And I'll be 28 a month after it comes out. Tell me about it.

As much as people complained about waiting so long, we had it better than FFXV fans. At least we had different games to play these 10+ years.
that's true, but I'm glad they finally wrapping up the story of Xenaohrt. It took them long enough and luckily it finally all comes to en end

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
@Lain
Having a more concrete development schedule before you debut a game would help FFXVI.
To be fair there was a lot of problems during development, from a change in directors to the actor for the main villain dying partway through leading them to have to change who the final villain was very late in and then rushing to get the game out in time.

While not an excuse for the problems, I'm not as hard on the game as I've seen others be.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
To be fair there was a lot of problems during development, from a change in directors to the actor for the main villain dying partway through leading them to have to change who the final villain was very late in and then rushing to get the game out in time.

While not an excuse for the problems, I'm not as hard on the game as I've seen others be.
Initially I was more against Nomura than Tabata. (like what were you doing for ten years?).

Sometimes people get too passionate and can't let things go (i'm pretty guilty). I'm just glad we actually got the game.

#FFXV:nevergiveuphope

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Stan Lee passed away today and it's very possible that his last appearance was in Spider Man on the PS4.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Initially I was more against Nomura than Tabata. (like what were you doing for ten years?).

Sometimes people get too passionate and can't let things go (i'm pretty guilty). I'm just glad we actually got the game.

#FFXV:nevergiveuphope
FFXV was supposed to release as Final Fantasy vs XIII, but I suspect that it was canceled at the last minute of development, and switched the branding to Final Fantasy XV. It wasn't just a director change, it was also a console change. They had to change everything up. It says so in the wikipedia for the game...
The game's development began in 2006 as a PlayStation 3 spin-off titled Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Tetsuya Nomura served as the original director and character designer. After a development period of six years, it was changed to the next mainline title in the series in 2012; Nomura was replaced as director by Hajime Tabata, and the game shifted to eighth generation platforms. Due to the changes, the story needed to be rewritten and some scenes and characters were repurposed or removed. The setting of Final Fantasy XV was "a fantasy based on reality", with locations and creatures based on elements from the real world.
I'm also glad FFXV got finished, and shipped. I got my game, but my issue with the game is it suffers from some framerate dips, drops, and what have you. My other issue is finding main missions, sometimes they disappear, sometimes they aren't at the location you go to, or the game takes a long time to get to missions.

I like the game, but I can't get past the issues.

Hopefully, the next game is better than this, and they fix the engine.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
The popular mech crossover franchise has it's latest instalment debut - "Super Robot Wars T"!!!

The Roster So Far... said:
  • Invincible Robo Trider G7
  • Aura Battler Dunbine
  • New Story of Aura Battler Dunbine
  • Mobile Suit Gundam
  • Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counterattack
  • Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam
  • Mobile Fighter G Gundam
  • Armored Trooper Votoms
  • Armored Trooper Votoms: Big Battle
  • The Brave Express Might Gaine
  • The King of Braves GaoGaiGar
  • Cowboy Bebop (New)
  • Gunbuster
  • Martian Successor Nadesico: The Motion Picture – Prince of Darkness
  • Getter Robo Armageddon
  • Mazinger Z: Infinity
  • Arcadia of My Youth: Endless Orbit SSX (New)
  • Magic Knight Rayearth (New)
  • Gun X Sword
  • Expelled from Paradise (New)

Cowboy Bebop in my mecha crossover!? :eek:

Last edited:
Top Bottom