• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC5 Brainstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
DEVIL MAY CRY 5
DANTE

Devil Arms

Rebellion (Magic Broadsword)
???(Lightning Katana)
???(Dual Flaming Axes)
???(Triple Magical Ice Whips)
???(Dark Power Gauntlets)
*Unarmed Combat Now Available

Guns

Ebony & Ivory
???(Sawn Off Triple Barrel Shotgun)
Nightmare Delta - DreadnoughtDT's Idea, Credit Is His
???(Machine Gun w/Underhand Grenade Launcher)
???(Demon Gun That Fires Explosive Hellfire Spears ALA Lucifer)

Demon Focus - Press L2 & R2 At The Same Time When Focus Gauge Is Full

Devil Trigger - Press L1 When 3 Or More DT Gauges Are Full

Grab/Special Attack - Press L3 & R3 At The Same Time

Taunt - Press SELECT. Taunts Are Now Devil Arm Specific.

=Styles=

Trickster

Swordmaster

Royal Guard

???New Style??? (No Gunslinger)

6 Unlockable Costumes Including Super Dante, DMC1 Dante, Shirtless Dante & More

Demon Focus is a new feature for Dante in which he can heighten his Demon senses. Think of it as Quicksilver but not as extreme. Once you fill the new "Focus Gauge" by being stylish, you can activate it and enemies seem to slow down by 20-25%. This is actually because Dante speeds up. His body glows, like heat coming off him (you know what I mean) and he does slightly more damage each hit. Also, when in this new mode, the contrast on the screen changes due to Dante's speed.

Grab/Special Attack is Dante's answer to Nero's Buster. On weak, lesser demons, Dante will grab them and perform a brutal grab attack, either bare hand or with Rebellion. For instance, he will grab a Frost, slam it on the ground, and brutally stab it with Rebellion 3 times before kicking it away. On boss's, when they are vulnerable, Dante can perform a special attack in which you have to press the button that displays on screen to continue the special attack ALA God Of War, Star Wars Force Unleashed etc.

Gunslinger is gone as you could easily perform all attacks with square and tinkering with the direction buttons. So a new style will replace it THOUGHTS PLZ???

Taunts are now Devil Arm specific, so Rebellion taunt will be different from unarmed taunt.

Royal Guard, you now use your Devil Arm to block attacks.

Finally, Devil Trigger should be even further powered up, with flight capabilities put back in, like DMC2 when you could properly fly.

Plz give me some honest feedback, I want to hear what you guys think.

Also I know I carry on about Dante but it's because I don't like Nero so I think one of you guys should come up with Nero stuff to do him justice.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
@ least have more moves for Gunslinger if you want it in there... and Railazel... relax my friend haha just a suggestion

sdf

DANTE

Devil Arms

SuperDante;194809 said:
Rebellion (Magic Broadsword)
V
SuperDante;194809 said:
???(Lightning Katana)
V
SuperDante;194809 said:
???(Dual Flaming Axes)
X Naah i would prefer a spear with blades at both sides.
SuperDante;194809 said:
???(Triple Magical Ice Whips)
X 2 stylish daggers
SuperDante;194809 said:
???(Dark Power Gauntlets)
V
SuperDante;194809 said:
*Unarmed Combat Now Available
X almost same as the Gauntlets

Guns

SuperDante;194809 said:
Ebony & Ivory
V Couldent live without
SuperDante;194809 said:
???(Sawn Off Triple Barrel Shotgun)
Like RE5? V
SuperDante;194809 said:
???(Machine Gun w/Underhand Grenade Launcher)
Dont care.
SuperDante;194809 said:
???(Demon Gun That Fires Explosive Hellfire Spears ALA Lucifer)
Dont care.

SuperDante;194809 said:
Demon Focus - Press L2 & R2 At The Same Time When Focus Gauge Is Full

Devil Trigger - Press L1 When 3 Or More DT Gauges Are Full

Grab/Special Attack - Press L3 & R3 At The Same Time

Taunt - Press SELECT. Taunts Are Now Devil Arm Specific.

D-Pad for changing weapons and styles on the fly.
Up Heal, left Devil arms, right Guns, Down styles.

=Styles=
SuperDante;194809 said:
Trickster
V

SuperDante;194809 said:
Swordmaster
V

SuperDante;194809 said:
Royal Guard
X

SuperDante;194809 said:
???New Style??? (No Gunslinger)
V

SuperDante;194809 said:
6 Unlockable Costumes Including Super Dante, DMC1 Dante, Shirtless Dante & More
V

SuperDante;194809 said:
Demon Focus is a new feature for Dante in which he can heighten his Demon senses. Think of it as Quicksilver but not as extreme. Once you fill the new "Focus Gauge" by being stylish, you can activate it and enemies seem to slow down by 20-25%. This is actually because Dante speeds up. His body glows, like heat coming off him (you know what I mean) and he does slightly more damage each hit. Also, when in this new mode, the contrast on the screen changes due to Dante's speed.

I would like it better to see dante move 30% faster than enemies move 30% slower, quicksilver was boring, and spoiled all the fun.

SuperDante;194809 said:
Grab/Special Attack is Dante's answer to Nero's Buster. On weak, lesser demons, Dante will grab them and perform a brutal grab attack, either bare hand or with Rebellion. For instance, he will grab a Frost, slam it on the ground, and brutally stab it with Rebellion 3 times before kicking it away. On boss's, when they are vulnerable, Dante can perform a special attack in which you have to press the button that displays on screen to continue the special attack ALA God Of War, Star Wars Force Unleashed etc.

Dont care

SuperDante;194809 said:
Gunslinger is gone as you could easily perform all attacks with square and tinkering with the direction buttons. So a new style will replace it THOUGHTS PLZ???

Dont care about gunslinger either, maybe something like the counter attack that Onimusha had(I really miss this game).
Light speed move from each enemy to another. 1 hit kill but with the challenge that you must press the button at the right moment to start and every time that he moves from enemy to enemy.

SuperDante;194809 said:
Taunts are now Devil Arm specific, so Rebellion taunt will be different from unarmed taunt.
V

SuperDante;194809 said:
Royal Guard, you now use your Devil Arm to block attacks.
I dont like the idea of a devil arm to dante
SuperDante;194809 said:
Finally, Devil Trigger should be even further powered up, with flight capabilities put back in, like DMC2 when you could properly fly.
V

SuperDante;194809 said:
Plz give me some honest feedback, I want to hear what you guys think.

Also I know I carry on about Dante but it's because I don't like Nero so I think one of you guys should come up with Nero stuff to do him justice.

Yeap i came up with something.
Be killed at the intro video by vergil

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
"I would like it better to see dante move 30% faster than enemies move 30% slower, quicksilver was boring, and spoiled all the fun."

Actually Very Good Idea, Could Make For Some Very Amazing Combos.

"Yeap i came up with something.
Be killed at the intro video by vergil[/QUOTE]"

Trust Me I Would Like Nero Gone Too But We Both Know This Won't Happen So I Just Left It Alone. Or Even Better, Keep Him But Have Dante Get Really ****ed And Lay A Proper Smackdown On The Kid... Put Him In His Place!

Also I would have Unarmed & Gauntlets quite different. The Gauntlets would be "slow" but very powerful and could shoot dark energy... unarmed would be lightning quick, brutal martial arts, his arms and legs would be blurrs in the big combos.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Ok so Demon Focus now speeds Dante up 30% and he does more damage per hit, the contrast of the screen changes, Dante glows with demonic energy and KICKS A$$ - I think it would be a kool new feature

Railazel

sdf;194825 said:
DANTE

Devil Arms

V
V
X Naah i would prefer a spear with blades at both sides.
X 2 stylish daggers
V
X almost same as the Gauntlets

Guns

V Couldent live without
Like RE5? V

Dont care.

Dont care.

D-Pad for changing weapons and styles on the fly.
Up Heal, left Devil arms, right Guns, Down styles.

=Styles=
V

V

X

V

V

I would like it better to see dante move 30% faster than enemies move 30% slower, quicksilver was boring, and spoiled all the fun.

Dont care

Dont care about gunslinger either, maybe something like the counter attack that Onimusha had(I really miss this game).
Light speed move from each enemy to another. 1 hit kill but with the challenge that you must press the button at the right moment to start and every time that he moves from enemy to enemy.

V

I dont like the idea of a devil arm to dante

V

Yeap i came up with something.
Be killed at the intro video by vergil

Ironyyy!!!

Kool626

Demon Slayer
i like the idea of the demon focus , hit demons in the air then use focus get the guns out and hear dante say JACKPOT

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Demon Focus - In DMC5, Dante has a new feature, Demon Focus. It is represented with a gauge where DMC4's Disaster Gauge was. To fill Dante's Focus gauge, you must be stylish in combat - the higher your style meter is, the quicker the Focus Gauge will fill up. When it is full, Dante can activate "Focus Mode" in which Dante's senses are greatly heightened. Due to this, Dante will move 30% faster and do more damage per hit. He will be surrounded by a heat like aura and the screens contrast will change due to the immense speed Dante moves at.

=To Activate, Press L2 & R2 At The Same Time
--------------------------------------------------------------
Grab/Special Attack - Another new feature for Dante is his new grab/special attack moves. On lesser demons, Dante will grab them and perform a brutal attack on them. For instance, against a Frost, Dante will grab it, slam it to the ground, brutally stab it with Rebellion three times and kick it away. Also, when fighting the more powerful demons, or boss's, Dante will be given an oppertunity to perform a "Special
Attack" once he has damaged them enough. This will initiate a small animation where the player must press control buttons corresponding to the ones that are displayed on screen. If successful, Dante will perform a devastating attack, doing large amounts of damage. If the wrong button is pushed, however, the enemy will then counterattack with a damaging move of its own.

=To Use Grab, Press R3. Use Special Attacks Only When Indicated & Hit The Control Buttons That Display On Screen To Continue/Complete The Attack.
Devil Trigger - Dante's demon form in DMC5 is tramendously powerful, the most powerful in the series in fact. You can either quickly enter Devil Trigger or charge a very damaging DT Explosion. Also, new to the series is the ability to
switch between two different variations of Dante's demon form on the fly. At the press of a button, Dante can spread his demonic wings and take to the skies. His "ground based" Devil Trigger is much faster and stronger than his human mode. His vitality regenerates quickly and he takes very little damage. Also, most of his attacks are altered (think DMC4 normal Stinger>DT Stinger) and powered up, doing much more damage. When DT Dante spreads his wings and flies, he can only have Rebellion and Ebony & Ivory equipt but that is all he needs. He fires magically imbued bullets from E & I that quickly tear enemies apart and wields Rebellion with impossible speed and power. Also, when in this mode, by pressing the style button, flying Dante can fire multiple, homing fireballs or, if you hold the button down, Dante will charge a very powerful blast of energy that is highly damaging to anything in the blast radius. This attack drains his DT energy.

=Press L1 To Transform Into Demon Form, Hold To Charge A DT Explosion. While In DT, Press L3 To Spread Your Demonic Wings And Take To The Skies.

There's the proper description for you guys - hope you like it:D

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
And yes
Demon Focus>Witch Time
Grab/Special Attack>Buster
you keep core Dante elements, the four styles plus a new one and have new features here. I think it's a good idea but thats just my opinion.

Railazel

SuperDante;194943 said:
Demon Focus - In DMC5, Dante has a new feature, Demon Focus. It is represented with a gauge where DMC4's Disaster Gauge was. To fill Dante's Focus gauge, you must be stylish in combat - the higher your style meter is, the quicker the Focus Gauge will fill up. When it is full, Dante can activate "Focus Mode" in which Dante's senses are greatly heightened. Due to this, Dante will move 30% faster and do more damage per hit. He will be surrounded by a heat like aura and the screens contrast will change due to the immense speed Dante moves at.

=To Activate, Press L2 & R2 At The Same Time
Grab/Special Attack - Another new feature for Dante is his new grab/special attack moves. On lesser demons, Dante will grab them and perform a brutal attack on them. For instance, against a Frost, Dante will grab it, slam it to the ground, brutally stab it with Rebellion three times and kick it away. Also, when fighting the more powerful demons, or boss's, Dante will be given an oppertunity to perform a "Special
Attack" once he has damaged them enough. This will initiate a small animation where the player must press control buttons corresponding to the ones that are displayed on screen. If successful, Dante will perform a devastating attack, doing large amounts of damage. If the wrong button is pushed, however, the enemy will then counterattack with a damaging move of its own.

=To Use Grab, Press R3. Use Special Attacks Only When Indicated & Hit The Control Buttons That Display On Screen To Continue/Complete The Attack.
Devil Trigger - Dante's demon form in DMC5 is tramendously powerful, the most powerful in the series in fact. You can either quickly enter Devil Trigger or charge a very damaging DT Explosion. Also, new to the series is the ability to
switch between two different variations of Dante's demon form on the fly. At the press of a button, Dante can spread his demonic wings and take to the skies. His "ground based" Devil Trigger is much faster and stronger than his human mode. His vitality regenerates quickly and he takes very little damage. Also, most of his attacks are altered (think DMC4 normal Stinger>DT Stinger) and powered up, doing much more damage. When DT Dante spreads his wings and flies, he can only have Rebellion and Ebony & Ivory equipt but that is all he needs. He fires magically imbued bullets from E & I that quickly tear enemies apart and wields Rebellion with impossible speed and power. Also, when in this mode, by pressing the style button, flying Dante can fire multiple, homing fireballs or, if you hold the button down, Dante will charge a very powerful blast of energy that is highly damaging to anything in the blast radius. This attack drains his DT energy.

=Press L1 To Transform Into Demon Form, Hold To Charge A DT Explosion. While In DT, Press L3 To Spread Your Demonic Wings And Take To The Skies.

There's the proper description for you guys - hope you like it:D

Technically, this has been done before in the games. Your new DT is the same back when Dante was Sparda back in DMC 1 and your new Demon Focus is a combination of DT, Witch Time, and that new speed upgrade in DMC 4. Grabs were done by Nero and Special Attacks were done by Bayonetta when she faced bosses and stuff. Not to put you down or anything, but that's what it reminds me of.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Railazel;194952 said:
Technically, this has been done before in the games. Your new DT is the same back when Dante was Sparda back in DMC 1 and your new Demon Focus is a combination of DT, Witch Time, and that new speed upgrade in DMC 4. Grabs were done by Nero and Special Attacks were done by Bayonetta when she faced bosses and stuff. Not to put you down or anything, but that's what it reminds me of.

yeah i know it has been done before but i'm just putting it together to change Dante up a bit. I think if you did the same thing as in DMC3 & DMC4 for Dante, it would get really boring so this is just a way of powering up his gameplay. The "winged" DT is simply his normal DT with wings...just coz i thought it would be cool. The Demon Focus would be a pretty cool addition to show off his power. And the grabs/special attacks are just a little extra for fun. Kind of my way of maxing Dante out as I think he is the most kick A$$ character out there :D

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
I just watched a Bayonetta trailer, I wouldnt like Demon Focus to be like that. Maybe everything around Dante only slows by 5-10% but he speeds up by 30% so the gameplay will become incredibly fast and Dante will be a blur. I know what you mean by it being the same but I see it in a different way. It would be extreme gameplay. And for the Special Attacks, think God Of War when Kratos attacks say, a Cyclops and performs a button specific attack. Soz if I don't make sense.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Woah! You guys have gone on a RAMPAGE without me! Anyway, here's another enemy idea, but he has multiple forms! I think this is my most detailed enemy yet, and I'll give you a hint of what inspired it... It starts with an I and ends with nfested tank/copter.

Possessor (base form): A small blob of dark energy that cannot attack at all, except for a weak ram. However, if it gets near some military equipment...
Buster/Grab: None. It is incorporeal and cannot be grabbed.

Possessor (machine gun turret): Imagine a machine gun turret with an Infestant, and you have the Possessed Machine Gun Turret. They fire in short bursts or full auto and use the tripod as legs to move like a spider.
Buster/Grab: Nero/Dante uses the turret for a short while.

Possessor Hybrid (4 Tank + 1 Helicopter Combo): A monster that would put the Infested Vehicles to shame. Using four tanks as limbs and a Blackhawk war copter as a main body, this boss should be left alone unless you have the brute force to take it down. Dark attacks are absolutely USELESS against it, so the Dark Force Gauntlets do minimal damage.
Physical Description (Because you may be confused...): Imagine a large helicopter using four tanks as tank treads, all wrapped in juicy black tentacles that ooze when cut.
Buster: Nero grabs the amalgam by the blades and slams it into the ground, then he spins it and throws it. Devastating.
Grab: Dante jumps on each of the tanks in succession, stabbing each one repeatedly until reaching the copter, in which he tears a missile off and throws it.

Possessor Hybrid,Humanoid Form: After weakening the first form enough, it gets desperate and regenerates it's health bar, turning into this monstrosity as it does so. On its arms, it sheds everything of the tanks except for the turrets. It's legs, however, are turned into a large tank base, and the helicopter begins to burst open and tentacles writhe forth. It begins to twitch crazily and utters random words associated with death during each attack in a whispery, raspy voice. (Die... Kill... Maim...) It gains a HUGE amount of speed in this form, but, since it has shed so much of it's armor, it becomes weaker. However, it gains the ability to summon smaller Possessors to possess cars and trucks that abound the arena, creating small transformers, so to speak. Once all the cars and trucks are destroyed, it will fight you, half-breed-demon to machine-demon-hybrid. Once this form is defeated, it has ONE last trick up it's sleeve...
Buster: Nero rips a few tentacles off and uses them as whips, smacking the Hybrid around a bit. He then throws the tentacles at it and kicks it.
Grab: Dante rips the Hybrid's propeller off and throws it back at it like a shuriken, slicing one of the Hybrid's arms off and preventing it from flying away to dodge attacks.

Possessor Hybrid, Desperation Form: After shedding everything off of it's body, the possessor is a large, shadowy and multi-tentacled mass with glowing red eyes. Due to the shedding of it's armor, sunlight will damage it. You must lure it into the sun. It won't make this easy, as it will use crazy, maniacal combos that show it's desperation. After luring it into the sun, it becomes stunned and will show it's heart. This is when you attack. After a few seconds of suffering, the Possessor with slam the hole shut with it's tentacles, making you have to find another.
Buster/Grab: This is the kicker. You can't buster OR grab this form, as it's a ghostly creature.

What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom