• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC5 Brainstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
I agree with you... the Nero is Vergils son thing is ridiculous... surely they can do better, I could imagine that when they really sit down and think about it, they could come up with a very interesting backstory for Nero. BTW Dreadnought, do you have any weapon ideas... I try to think of some but they are all too similar to previous weapons. I like my idea of unarmed combat as a choice, Rebellion - my favourite weapon of the series, another kind of sword (I don't know if it should be a small blade and ultra fast ALA Yamato or an elemental sword) and maybe two other Devil Arms. I actually think that if, as well as Rebellion, they brought back Alastor with a brand new movelist, not many people would complain. Or maybe a lightning Katana would be kick ass. OR maybe DUAL LIGHTNING KATANAS!!! lol :D

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Also guys, what are your opinions on costumes and personalities for the game. I think Dante looked best in DMC2 (crucify me now) and his personality was best in DMC1 (arrogant but semi-serious) I think his DMC4 self was OK design but he just seemed... not quite the Dante we know and love, possibly because of his supporting character status. Now for Nero there is a lot of potential for costume design since he has only had 1... do you guys think keep the blue outfit of change of colour and style? Also I think if he matured a bit and got over screaming like a bitch all the tym, non Nero fans (like me) could learn to like him a lot more. Thats just my opinion... anyone else?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
SuperDante;194256 said:
Or maybe a lightning Katana would be kick ass. OR maybe DUAL LIGHTNING KATANAS!!! lol :D

Well, actually, in DMC 1, if you play as Sparda, the Yamato IS electrified, just like Alastor. Anyway, here are my weapon ideas. I have two.

Madrigal: A small dual bladed pair of daggers. The Madrigal are fast, and although weak, they possess the power to vanquish demons.
This weapon is intended as a throwback to Lucia from DMC 2.

Movelist
Combo 1
Combo 2
Mad Dash: Dante throws one of the Madrigal daggers. It comes back when the enemy it hit is dead.
Lovely Destruction: Dante attacks the enemy with an insanely long combo, ending with a double thrust of both blades.
A Cold Day In Hell: Dante imbues one of the Madrigal with fire and the other with ice, and they stay like this until the power meter runs dry. Using the Madrigal normally will fill this meter.

Exor & Xenor: A pair of shotguns. Exor is single-barreled, and concentrates it's fire on single targets. Xenor is four barreled and fires in a large area.

Movelist
Double Fireworks: Doesn't need to be explained. You guys should know what the Fireworks move is.
Trick Shot: Exor fires the slug, which explodes on contact with an enemy. It bounces off of walls.

Chronos.

Right Fist of Death
I think that maybe, Vergil's soul could have seeped into Nero and manifested itself in his arm. Maybe in DMC5, Vergil's influence grows more and Nero gains a split personality disorder or maybe a rage mode (a new take on devil trigger, when his health drops to low or something?) as he fights with the spirit of Vergil trying to take over.

Thoughts?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Chronos.;194264 said:
I think that maybe, Vergil's soul could have seeped into Nero and manifested itself in his arm. Maybe in DMC5, Vergil's influence grows more and Nero gains a split personality disorder or maybe a rage mode (a new take on devil trigger, when his health drops to low or something?) as he fights with the spirit of Vergil trying to take over.

Thoughts?

Actually, that sounds pretty good. The way I see it, however, is that trapped in the arm is the essence of Vergil's past self. However, in DMC 5, we see Vergil, not dead, and not power-hungry. He has been a silent observer for the events of DMC 4, and he's none too happy that Nero has his sword. I would like a Vergil boss fight in DMC 5. That'd be cool. With the song from the second fight with him in DMC 3.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Good ideas, nice weapons... music wise, I say add music like the 1 from the final Nelo Angelo from DMC1 - Super Ultra Violet of whatever it is... I think add a couple of Dark Demon Knights as boss fights.
Also as a fight I would like to see someone get the Sparda sword and take on his full power in his Devil Trigger and actually fight Dante. So that way Dante could finally fight his fathers true power and defeat it, so you could close off the "i'm after the true power of Sparda" storyline. Maybe have Vergil finally get the power of Sparda, only to realize Dante has surpassed their father. Maybe after this Vergil could open his eyes and snap out of his evil streak. I would actually really like to see the brothers reconcile. Of coarse you'd have 2 bring Vergil back first.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, you see... I don't think Vergil is dead. In DMC 1 its not specifically stated that he died, and after Mundus was killed, he probably snapped out of it.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
yeah but rememba the Alto Angelo's were made with fragments of the "dark angel"... so I think that means an exploded Nelo Angelo... thats just my opinion but...who knows what crazy story Capcom will come up with?!?!:wacko:

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
I'm actually piecing together a plotline for DMC5, little pieces and scenes anyway. I think the introduction of angels could actually be that they have had a proposel from a very powerful demon, if they help him destroy the last two with Sparda blood - Nero & Dante, they will pull all demon forces out of the earth realm.. Nero gets attacked first but manages to survive. He makes his way to Dante a short while later and when he gets to Devil May Cry, finds Dante laying a smackdown on some lesser Angels. They have a small, typical Dante/Nero reunion and are then confronted by an Archangel. This angel actually tells them about what is going on- maybe on their side/maybe not? - Dante decides he will open a hellgate and go after the new emperor of hell and put an end to his plan. Dantes missions could be going deeper into hell, different levels have a different elemental boss. for eg. the ice level is filled with frosts and what not, the flame level is full of blaze's and flaming goats etc. Nero's missions are on earth. Dante gets to the deepest part of hell and finds the new hell power - Vergil! However, it seems Vergil may not be what he seems, he needs his brother to help him back to earth and out of the underworld - trust him or not? Nero fights lesser angels and a couple of low rank Archangel. That's 3 quarters of the game. Then the story intensifies as Dante has to ascent to a higher plane and take on the higher Archangels and their General while Nero and Vergil take care of the earths invaders, however Vergil really wants Yamato back. Thats just what I have so far - Comments Please!!!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think that would work. But... have you seen SpardaTM's speculation on the storyline? It's in this forum, called Devil May Cry 5: Sparda's Blood.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
I've read bits and pieces - being at work I can't go through the whole thing lol... While the detail and everything is amazing, I dont like the idea of Nero being the next Sparda... I'm not a fan of him 2 b honest, I'm a Dante lover.o_O But the general story is pretty crazy... makes mine look crap lol

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
For Weapons I Got -

NERO

Devil Arms
- Red Queen (Strong Attacks)
- Yamato (Fully Functional Sword - Very Fast)

Guns
- Blue Rose
- Magical Bow ALA God Of War Style

DANTE

Devil Arms
- Rebellion (Fast And Very Powerful)
- Lightning Element Katana (Very Fast)
- Duel Flaming Demon Axes (Not Very Fast But Heavy Damage)
- Long Range Chain Weapon (Magical)
- Dark Power Gauntlets (Fast & Strong)
*Unarmed Combat Is Also Available (Matrix Style Baby)

Guns
- Ebony & Ivory
- Shotgun (Now Faster Firing)
- Magical Demon Speargun (Launches Spears Like Lucifer Swords)

I Need Two More ^_^

Kool626

Demon Slayer
i bin readin all u have put down i like some of ya ideas not bad. anyway
i Would like dante 2 be like dmc2 powerful but ddt in dmc5 also i want him to mess around wid the demon like u press select 4 tuant + wen near demon trip them over or sum thing like tha and c and this time i wont mind to see Dante bbe very qick like vergil but in dmc5 i wud ile him to lose it near the end like dmc2 where dante not ****y and i wud like mudus 2 come back in this 1 mudus kills trish or lady. and maybe vegil then dante just lashes out and attack muudus wid all his power and mudus juust laffs then Nero enters see vegil body body on the floor nero eye start 2 tear as he watch dante tryin 2 kill mudus. then mudus hit dante flyin and dante knocks his head and faint. nero think dante died so he lets out a roar and starts to tranform into a demon eyes glowin red .Mudus then sees nero eyes glowing then he goes " WHAT". dante then wake ups and sees nero thants all i can fink of

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Whoa! That's actually a pretty good idea Kool626, but, instead of Mundus saying "What?!" he should say "Those eyes..." Anyway, SD, what about like, a Nightmare Beta/Gamma powerup?

Nightmare Delta: A slightly weaker Nightmare gun that does NOT absorb DT runes. The reason for this is that it has a small capacitor that actually absorbs energy from the Devil world itself.

Movelist
Normal Shot
Charge Shot
Lock-On
Delta Laser: Fires a large laser, but at the cost of ALL of your DT. (The gun's not perfect, y'know.) The laser will be more powerful depending on how much DT you have.
Burst: Fires a sphere of pure demonic energy. Has the potency of hydrochloric acid.
Slide: The Nightmare Delta fires a slick oil that causes anything it touches to burn and slip, sowing disorientation into the battleground.

How's that? I can't think of another one... Probably something explosive. OOH! Grenades! Like Cranky Bombs, but better!

M-60 Grenades: A small box of grenades. They have an adjustable timer and can be set to explode on contact. However, the box can run out of grenades. Find grenade boxes to replenish them.

Movelist
Normal Throw
Shove Punch: Dante throws three quick punches and then shoves the grenade into the target, setting of an explosion.
Threesome: Throws three grenades at varying angles, depending on how hard you press the button.

I would also like to see the Submachine Guns from DMC 2 make a comeback with a few more moves. That'd be cool...

Also, instead of a generic pure magical power chain, maybe it should be ice or water elemental. That way you can weaken Gatekeepers and Kyclops without having to lure them to water. Yes, you have to lure them to a body of water to weaken them before you get that chain. How about calling it Aqua? That's latin for water. Then the Katana could be called Levitas, which means lightning. The axes could be called Ignis and Aestuo (fire and blaze) and the gauntlets could be called Caliga, which means darkness. Whaddya think? Good 'nuff?

sdf

I gave a little though of what story DMC5 should have, and i came up with an idea.
What if DMC5 is clearly based on Vergil and i mean ONLY on vergil.
No dante, no nero nothing.
Vergils side story.
How he started?
or the story between DMC3 and DMC1 that he appears as nelo angelo.

I would really like to see something like that
what do you say?

Kool626

Demon Slayer
It prob b kool he wuld be a anti-hero relly it be funny if vergil had his own game Devil Never Cry. has his shop next door to dante's shop but only demon ring in" ring ring" "ring ring"vergil say " WHAT" demon say " i need help wid a human he keep killin us. vergil " Foolish demon Foolish that'll be $1000 buck now get lost lool

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
lol you wouldnt want to withhold payment for Vergil!!!o_O I won't be on for bout 2 or 3 days but when I do I have a whole bunch of ideas I want to post about enhancements on the gameplay aspect i think would be kool... Talk 2 u guys then:D

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
am i the only one thinking there should be a mode where you use Sparda back hen he kicked the demon worlds' asses?

even better... bloody palace where you can use anyone

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
D.E.Mortal;194632 said:
am i the only one thinking there should be a mode where you use Sparda back hen he kicked the demon worlds' asses?

even better... bloody palace where you can use anyone

No, you aren't the only one thinking that. Check out this thread: http://forums.devilmaycry.org/showthread.php?t=5618

And I had an idea for Bloody Palace that was exactly like you just said now, but the thing is... Do you mean everyone from every game, even the enemies? I for one would LOVE to play as a Frost or a Shadow. That would be WICKED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom