• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC5 Brainstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Crimson Devil;193937 said:
As it was said before, I wish that DMC1's resident evil-like style, with that dark and mysterious environment returned.
Also, about Dante: my faith in Capcom is gone. They turned the coolest character in gaming universe in some dude that has nothing to do other than his job. In the beginning he has so much story to show us, now there is no real reason to bring him back (story-wise) if not some sort of mentor for Nero... sad

Couldn't agree more my friend. All the games did have their high points - DMC1 - introduction to Dante and an epic storyline, DMC2 - I know everyone hates it but I think design wise it was awesome, Dante looked awesome, Desperation Devil Trigger was insanely cool and alot of the environments and enemies/boss's were very cool, DMC3 - New gameplay, awesome boss's who acted cool once you beat them (come on, the twin blades that didn't shut up were awesome!) and last but not least - VERGIL. DMC4 - I guess next gen gameplay lol, Dante taking a back seat was ridiculous... Like you said having him just doing a job and nothing more was stupid. DMC3 - Dante against his twin brother, DMC1 - Dante against his brother and the showdown with Mundus! DMC4 - Nero>Dante (NO!) DMC2 - Dante going to hell was cool. DMC5 - They must fix the situation and give Dante and emotional, powerful story THAT can interact with Nero for all of his new fans.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
i think DMC2 did have a lot of good elements, but as a follow up to DMC1 it wasn't up to par story wise and swordplay was a lil slow... but nothing like the failure every1 thinks it was... like i said, some very nice designs in the game

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Exactly my point. Everyone is like "Oh DMC 2 sucks because of so-and-so!" Uh-uh. Not true. It's not exactly up to par, but hey! It's what brought me into the series in the first place... Odd that I would play the last game (chronologically) first, but what the hey. Everyone's different.

sdf

DreadnoughtDT;193899 said:
First of all, welcome to the forum sdf. Second, I agree with most of what you said except for number four. I think it's already got enough of that. I also hate backtracking through the same levels. What I want is a return to the hell world like in DMC 1. That remains the best hell for me, just because it was so surreal, and the music was so great. Seeing a remake of that would be the best nostalgia rush EVER for me.

Nice to be here.
Totally agree, indeed DMC1 is by far the best DMC, maybe dante isnt so upgraded but the rest of it is just amazing.
You may not agree with 4 but at least (as you already said) they must bring back DMC1 atmosphere/Hell, DMC1 had more of the old days Capcom style.

Offtopic
I really dont know what is wrong with this company they converted DMC to Beat'em up and RE to shout'em up.

Edit: I also believe that DMC2 was rubbish, and without comparing it to DMC1 it still remains rubbish for me.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Devil May Cry 5 - If they blend DMC1 atmosphere along with a further upgraded version of DMC4 gameplay and a grand storyline, IMHO I think they can top DMC1 but they would have to really think it through and not rush through it... A 20-25 mission campaign for Dante - 20 mission campaign for Nero, seperate discs, many unlockable costumes and a couple of unlockable characters. Also I think Dante should be slightly more like DMC1 Dante - ****y and arrogant but with a seriousness to him, not just "oh yeah the last boss...woo hoo it's all just childsplay," no, have him more serious in some parts.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
And Dreadnought, those enemies are sounding very good, gr8 job - btw does anyone actually like the movelist for Rebellion i put up or does every1 think its over the top? Just 4 feedbak:D

Also If Dante would have 4-5 Devil arms and 4-5 guns, do you think Nero should also have a large range of weaponry or just Red Queen, Yamato (to be wielded properly) and Blue Rose and expand upon them and his Devil Bringer?

sdf

I dont really care about the weapons, cause i dont like gun's anyway and i really like Swords.
As long i am sure that sword is he's main weapon dont care for anything else.
2 things though , bring alastor back, and make yamato (as SD above said)fully functional... or what ever you got the point lol.

Forgot to say something in my 1st post, i would really like to see Vergil back, he is a true evil personality and the best part is that he use a katana! i love katanas.
Now that i am thinking of it....i would really like to have Vergil and kick neros @55 to reclaim yamato...

What i see more and more lately in the tech news is 3D gaming and as Sony said PS3 is 3d capable (through a FW update of course) and 360 even though that MS havent said anything yet, if 360 is capable or not, in 1-2 years there will be a new Xbox that will be capable for sure.

It would be great to see a 3d DMC.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
I think that if they updated his Reb Queen & Blue Rose moves AND made Yamato a fully functional sword you could wield by itself with a good list of diverse attacks, he wouldn't need a lot of devil arms, Dante only has so many 4 fun but with the list of Rebellion moves I listed above and give him a large amount of moves for, say, another 4 devil arms, it would just be ridiculous fun!!! Also I think E & I should be a little more powerful, in DMC4, unless you are in Gunslinger, they are pretty useless besides stringing attacks together once you hit your enemy 20metres away with your sword :dry:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
SuperDante;194118 said:
once you hit your enemy 20metres away with your sword :dry:

I HATE that! For DMC 5, they need to make only the WEAKEST of enemies go flying. When the enemies go flying away like that, it's hard to string combos. I hate hate HATE that.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Exactly, it doesn't seem to happen in DMC3 (I played it for the first time in ages last night), you can string combos sooo easy in that game, but yeah in DMC4 I like to stay in Swordmaster the whole time so getting to your enemy after a combo can be a pain.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I have a boss idea. This oughtta give whoever plays it a nostalgia rush...

Harpy: Griffon's sister. She is much stronger than him, and has arms instead of wings. She can form any weapon she pleases out of electricity, and is always covered with electricity, just like the Blitzes she governs. However, fire your guns enough and she'll be stunned, exposing her core.
Buster 1: A buster to her head when she's stunned will make Nero grab her beak and slam her into the ground, ending the buster with a throw.
Buster 2: A buster to her core, however, causes much more damage. Nero will grab the core and swing Harpy around so fast that the core rips out of her chest partially, which means you spin her using the core as a weight. (It's held on by a few blood vessels) After this rigorous attack, Nero slams her core into the ground, making her hit the ground as well. VERY damaging.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
DreadnoughtDT;194130 said:
I have a boss idea. This oughtta give whoever plays it a nostalgia rush...

Harpy: Griffon's sister. She is much stronger than him, and has arms instead of wings. She can form any weapon she pleases out of electricity, and is always covered with electricity, just like the Blitzes she governs. However, fire your guns enough and she'll be stunned, exposing her core.
Buster 1: A buster to her head when she's stunned will make Nero grab her beak and slam her into the ground, ending the buster with a throw.
Buster 2: A buster to her core, however, causes much more damage. Nero will grab the core and swing Harpy around so fast that the core rips out of her chest partially, which means you spin her using the core as a weight. (It's held on by a few blood vessels) After this rigorous attack, Nero slams her core into the ground, making her hit the ground as well. VERY damaging.

If the design was well done, could be a very cool boss!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
What was the fish thing Agnus made called? Cutlass? Anyway, one of these next two is a Cutlass upgrade. The other is a different version of the Scarecrow, for Nero's side of the story.

Sabre: A stronger, red version of the Cutlass. The major difference is that they cannot "swim" underground, preferring to stalk their prey on land. They also tend to come in packs.
Buster: Nero grabs the Sabre by the blade and throws it into another enemy. Not very original, but what the hey.

Scarecrow(duel): Actually four types of enemies. Duel arm, duel leg, one of each, or four. They all act the same, they just have a few more blades to juggle you with.
Buster: Nero grabs the Scarecrow and slams it into the ground.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
very nice enemy ideas there, hey does anyone think a newer, possibly flaming version of the blood goats from...wait 4 it... DMC2!!!!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Burning Goat: A high-ranking demon of the "goat clan". It's skin reflects the color of a burning demon's soul.
DMC 2-esque files aside, the Burning Goat has fire-enhanced punches and kicks, and can use the normal goat clan magic along with a fire-based one.
Buster: Nero grabs and throws the Goat, which causes a large fireball to form. This fireball does INSANE damage to enemies, especially Frosts. (and any other ice-elemental enemies I may think up...)

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Very nice... I like the thought of elements actually doing extra damage to opposite elements, for instance Rebellion does universal damage, whereas a flame weapon will badly hurt ice etc... awesome

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Huh... Well, these are the last three I had written down. After these, it comes as I think of it.

Gatecrasher: A large, muscular demon with surprisingly small legs. If this demon is toppled, it will have a hard time getting back up. Controls the element of Earth. It's limbs can be destroyed, but they grow back after a while. Being a demon made of earth, water-based attacks can soften their armor.
Buster: Nero rips the Gatecrasher's arms off and throws them at it, causing large damage.

Kyklops II: A larger, stronger Kyclops. Anyone feeling the nostalgia? Anyway, this Kyclops can not only gather dirt in its mouth and fire rocks, but it can stick it's head in the ground a la Phantom to summon large pillars of stone. It's armor is weaker when it uses this attack, however. It also can use a stinger more like Phantom. Being an earth-elemental, water softens it's armor.
Buster: Nero grabs the Kyclops and stands on it's back, which makes the Kyclops freak out and sting itself.

Drainer: A gigantic demon mosquito, capable of draining even the strongest of demons. However, they have very little combat prowess. They tend to be very weak. Being poison-elemental, an attack attributed with purifying properties will work best. (If you use a Holy Star in the vicinity of a poison-based enemy, it will severely damage it.)
Buster: Nero grabs the Drainer by the proboscis and it freaks out, flying around in random directions. This can be somewhat controlled, allowing some limited flight. Once the joyride is over, Nero throws the Drainer away.

Chronos.

Right Fist of Death
All I want from DMC5 is the solid, stylish combat that we have all grown to love and to be told that Nero is NOT Vergil's son...

EDIT: Oh and great enemy and boss ideas you have there bro...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom