• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
You can hold an enemy as a shield against a spinning chaos and let the chaos kill them too

Also using an enemy as a shield against a fury attack providing your back is against a wall or something else

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I have started to warm to Nero as a character a bit more after Replaying the game again recently

I may have been a bit hard on him , still my least favourite male protagonist but he is a badass in his own right

And holds potential, he will never top Dante and Vergil for me though

I never saw him as trying to top Vergil or Dante, just someone a bit different. Nero is what you get when you combine the latter two with Gene from God Hand. Nero's costume coat in 4 and the supernatural right arm are very similar to Gene.

DarkSlayer54

I've seen enough Air Crash Investigations and Seconds From Disaster to know that there are such things as a "bad interface".
There's no "subjectivity" in the matter.
It's all black and white, right and wrong, functional and dysfunctional.

I just don't think calling anything an objective truth is healthy for discussions... it sure doesn't lead anywhere fun.

I don't think there are any credible studies saying anything's an objective truth. They always phrase it similarly to - "Our findings suggest". They make observations and come up with the most logical conclusion they can based on their data. I like to take the same approach with discussions.

Instead of saying something's an objective truth, just list off the reasons that support your argument. I think that's the healthiest way to approach it.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Oh I know he isn't trying to top Dante and Vergil

I just mean I will never like him as much as them , sorry I tend to use slang a lot

My bad

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I would rather Dante continue as main protagonist, but it seems unlikely that will be the case

So I guess Nero will be a decent stand in

Could have got someone much worse as a lead

Annoying part is I really like his voice actor

Goldsickle

You might want to try and adjust that attitude of yours.
If you actually think this is about "winning or losing", then you didn't actually read our posts.
I said a non-offending remark about a game mechanic and people took offense to it and won't stop until they changed my mind.
I have encountered this mess way too many times for the past 10+ years, so my tolerance to the whole matter gets less and less.

The fun part is that nobody ever admits they were trying to change my mind.
And anybody who says "I'm done talking to you" comes back all the time to get the last word.
It's like the newest person to give me s*** about this is a clone of the last person who had a problem with my views on gaming mechanic.

I will lend an ear and give a chance for others to speak but unfortunately people never understood what "arguing" is and result in fallacy.

"This game mechanic is bad. These are the reasons."

This results in people forming a queue to try and tell me that I am "wrong" or want me to retract that statement.
Sure, give me a reason.
And all they give me are half-baked reasons.
Sorry, no. I won't retract my statement.

Instead of saying something's an objective truth, just list off the reasons that support your argument.
I already did but just like in GameFAQs, Capcom Unity, etc. people always ignore the important part of my post to keep the argument going.
This is why arguments I get into last longer than it's supposed to be.

Hypothetically, if I wrote 5 points that supports my argument, the other idiot will cherry-pick 1 or 2 points that he can spin bulls*** out of and ignore the rest.
When I specifically ask that idiot to address the other points, he would play dumb for several posts, pretending he didn't read that sentence.
And then he goes around telling others that arguing with me will go in circles.

People who can't argue always avoid sentences or paragraphs that will kill their argument to keep the whole thing going.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Goldsickle - I read your posts which is why I gave you a warning. I wouldn’t have done that if I hadn’t bothered reading anything that was said beforehand. You may lose your temper because you’re tired of repeating yourself but that doesn’t give you any right to come off as rude to others. It’s all about the way in which you conduct yourself and you’re turning this whole thing into something completely off topic and unrelated. I gave you the chance to get back on track and warned those that didn’t would get locked out of the thread so that’s what I’m doing.
This whole thing is ridiculous and I’m past the point in caring about who is right and who is wrong. People need to start adhering to the rules and learn to be nicer to other people and respecting each other’s opinions and they definitely need to learn to stick to the point of the topic.

You have a 3 day reply ban (if you disagree with this action you’re more than free to take it up with another member of staff) and hopefully this will be an eye-opener to others as well to please keep to the point of the thread. The staff will tolerate off-topic posts here and there but won’t tolerate members completely straying from the topic altogether so we have to set examples somewhere and can only be so lenient.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Man it's such wasted potential that you can dual grab with the devil bringers in dt, but can't dual buster

Would be possible to do it of you have the buster breaker equipped

Also for anyone who doesn't know, if u have an s rank in the Vergil fights , stand withing 8-10 feet of him and you taunt

He will taunt back

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
I just want to say sorry for the mess, and that all of us mast respect each other, I will try my best to have a more mature attitude next time and don't create any more off topic discussion

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I'm sure a lot of people know this but I don't see it mentioned anywhere but some of the boss themes are also dynamic to the boss fights.

Like some basic example Malphas and Final Form Urizen theme changes tempo and become more fast and aggressive when their health becomes low and the bosses enter their desperation mode (not DT).

Vergil's Mission 19 boss theme goes into the chorus whenever he DTs and it ramps up even further when he pulls out the Doppleganger. It also reverts back when he returns to his base form.

King Cerberus theme changes whenever he changes elements.

Goliath's theme changes to the next part of the song when you leave the church (most obvious).

Vergil's Mission 20 boss theme starts off as a piano melody and changes into Silver Bullet either when Nero DT ot if Vergil's health is low enough (either way you're going to hear Silver Bullet says Capcom). The vocals kick in once you can either DT Buster Vergil and his Doppleganger or Counter Buster Vergil's F1-Fighter Jet Charge Attack. Also it seems these two conditions trigger different lyrics.

Not sure if this count but Geryon's theme will be affected by the Geryon's Time Stop ability and even distort when affected by it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I'm sure a lot of people know this but I don't see it mentioned anywhere but some of the boss themes are also dynamic to the boss fights.

Like some basic example Malphas and Final Form Urizen theme changes tempo and become more fast and aggressive when their health becomes low and the bosses enter their desperation mode (not DT).

Vergil's Mission 19 boss theme goes into the chorus whenever he DTs and it ramps up even further when he pulls out the Doppleganger. It also reverts back when he returns to his base form.

King Cerberus theme changes whenever he changes elements.

Goliath's theme changes to the next part of the song when you leave the church (most obvious).

Vergil's Mission 20 boss theme starts off as a piano melody and changes into Silver Bullet either when Nero DT ot if Vergil's health is low enough (either way you're going to hear Silver Bullet says Capcom). The vocals kick in once you can either DT Buster Vergil and his Doppleganger or Counter Buster Vergil's F1-Fighter Jet Charge Attack. Also it seems these two conditions trigger different lyrics.

Not sure if this count but Geryon's theme will be affected by the Geryon's Time Stop ability and even distort when affected by it.

I noticed most of the dynamic changes too. That's something they took from DmC as well, but not all of the bosses in that game had dynamic music. The ones that did were Bob Barbas, Mundus Spawn, Vergil, and maybe Succubus.

Top Bottom