• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

berto

I Saw the Devil
Isn't this pic supposed to have been Spencer at some point?
Yes. That was Spencer.

Duuuuude it's been AGES since I last saw that image! Brings back memories of a time long since past heh.

I must've beaten DMC1 around 50 times. Beat it in DMD as well - back in the ps2 days when there were no trophies. I loved the game that much! DMC3 and 5 are good games, but DMC1 is still the best DMC after all these years in my humble opinion
Man of impeccable taste, I see.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Dmc 1 had the feeling of an horror game sometimes and mistery a la resident evil... The enemy are just mistyrius and strange like the shadow, sargasso, death scissor, the phasma... And also the atmosfer and sound effect make the feeling, you hear strange scream and demon roar in the background and this make that feeling that the other game doesn't have, and also the soundtrack was more horror in a way... There was more tension I guess, Wich Is no more in the new dmc... Maybe 3 had something like this, but a bit...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Backflips ya but they don't have the ground flips

They got those as well. The new Table Hopper animation is exactly that. Also with Dante, he does something like that sometimes when you do side dodge. I don't know exactly how to trigger that specific animation at will yet (probably exact timing), cause some other times he does a side step instead, but it's there.

Vergil95

They got those as well. The new Table Hopper animation is exactly that. Also with Dante, he does something like that sometimes when you do side dodge. I don't know exactly how to trigger that specific animation at will yet (probably exact timing), cause some other times he does a side step instead, but it's there.
You had to dodge before the enemy hit you to trigger it

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Darkly lit rooms and a dark tone , it was horror heavy while newer games were action heavy

Here's the thing though, I never got the vibes of a horror heavy game out of DMC1 because there are so many other elements that dilute that aspect of the game to the point of taking me out of it, and the other way around.

To me personally, DMC1 always came across as a game that doesn't know what on Earth it wants to be. I mean I know it was a very good game and all (though I do think it aged poorly) but still, I got that feeling. Understandable since it's the result of a failed RE project but still. It's got both horror and badass action stuff but the two always seem to clash with each other rather than complete each other.
Like, you have this horror setting and atmosphere but you also have "Cool!" and "Bravo!" flashing up on the screen, with all the flashy special effects and moves. On the flipside, the rock music and style rank would have you think you're in for some high octane action, but then you have these incredibly slow paced running sections where Dante moves so slowly in search for an item or a way forward, and these weird out of place segments like going underwater or in space...

I dunno, I just wish they had settled on either the horror or the action aspect to be the primary focus and then have elements of the other aspect sprinkled in there to complement it. As it stands, to me it always looked like they tried to have a perfect 50/50 but as a result it feels like the game just has an identity crisis.

That's not to say DMC1 was a bad game by any means, this is just my personal experience with the game, and I... just realized I went hella off topic, pls dun ban me. :'(

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Foxtrot94 - I think we’ve all pretty much gone off-topic here.

For my two cents I still love 1 the most. Dante, the eerie gothic vibes, the bosses. Yeah I agree I wasn’t as keen on the underwater bits but it wasn’t as much as in 2 if I remember.

Vergil95

Literally what Reuben said.

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/hideaki-itsuno-was-ready-to-leave-capcom-after-dmc-devil-may-cry/

It's kinda sad that Itsuno had to resort to basically blackmail Capcom threatening to leave if they hadn't made him do a DMC the proper way he wanted to do it.
Thank God it's paying off. Have that open their eyes for once.
Strange since itsuno himself worked on dmc reboot as supervisor and also admitted ricently that he liked the game and that he wanted to do dmc 2 but that decided to do dmc 5, and also say that he loved ninja theory and learned many thing that he incorporated in dmc 5... Probably reuben was just kidding or didn't know what he was talking about XD

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Probably reuben was just kidding or didn't know what he was talking about XD

No I don't think so. Reuben speaks fluent Japanese and works very closely with Itsuno.

It doesn't necessarily mean he dislikes DmC (although there is a small chance Itsuno was simply doing PR when praising it). What I got from it is that he was simply frustrated that Capcom never really made him do a DMC game the exact way he wanted to do it.

With DMC2 he was brought in at the last minute.
3 was a huge success but it was near the end of the PS2 era and he still had a lot of ideas for it that the technology just didn't allow.
DMC4, we all know what kind of troubled dev process that game had.
And DmC, it just wasn't a game he got to make and direct, he was a supervisor.

He simply got tired of that ****. He finally wanted to do a DMC where he could do whatever the heck he wanted and actually realize his ideas within a properly conducted development cycle. DMC5 was the first one where Capcom gave him all of the resources he requested, and where he had all the technology he needed to make it happen his way.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm talking about the ones where Dante somersaults over and over on his hands and legs foxtrot

Sorry I couldn't think of the word right so I said backflip

My bad

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
So what's you guys's DMD loadout with Nero? I like to go this with Nero.

Devil-May-Cry-5-Screenshot-2019-03-16-18-28-39-35.png

Gerbera in all sets cause it's just too good in DMD, LOL.

Set 01 with Tomboy is very useful against enemies with armor and/or resistant to being launched.
Set 02 is a setup for when I wanna play it a bit safer, time slow against problematic enemies while I work on the others in a mob is neat.
And Set 03 is kind of a boss setup, Punch Line is a good middle ground between damage and dodging.

Vergil95

No I don't think so. Reuben speaks fluent Japanese and works very closely with Itsuno.

It doesn't necessarily mean he dislikes DmC (although there is a small chance Itsuno was simply doing PR when praising it). What I got from it is that he was simply frustrated that Capcom never really made him do a DMC game the exact way he wanted to do it.

With DMC2 he was brought in at the last minute.
3 was a huge success but it was near the end of the PS2 era and he still had a lot of ideas for it that the technology just didn't allow.
So what's you guys's DMD loadout with Nero? I like to go this with Nero.

Devil-May-Cry-5-Screenshot-2019-03-16-18-28-39-35.png

Gerbera in all sets cause it's just too good in DMD, LOL.

Set 01 with Tomboy is very useful against enemies with armor and/or resistant to being launched.
Set 02 is a setup for when I wanna play it a bit safer, time slow against problematic enemies while I work on the others in a mob is neat.
And Set 03 is kind of a boss setup, Punch Line is a good middle ground between damage and dodging.
I depend on the mission and situation, but mostly I use ragtime and overture, because you can easy kill boss with this two... Also I use rawhide especially against the fury since you only to press circle and they will instantly be stopped by this breaker

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Gerbera
Punchline
Tomboy
Overture
Rawhide

Gerbera can guard break and JC chain , also if you spam the buster grab while also attackin with red queen it can animation reset and do huge combos

Punchline for looping and the uppercut finisher if you dt as it hits does huge damage

And the Rest for crowd control and variety

Side note outside of this , read Nico's report on Trish , it hints at Dante and Trish being romantically involved

Vergil95

I was playing dmc 5 right now and the cameo sistem showed me as starring, I was playing whit Nero in mission 3 and V was starred by myself lol... Did this ever happen to any of you?

Vergil95

It's either a glitch, or you are playing alongside your own ghost data for that mission

And no it hasn't happened to me
It happened again in the prologue mission I was nero and me was also dante lol... Maybe was my ghost he was playing just like me

Top Bottom