• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Guess it’s just a matter of switching it up so each character plays different. Also depends on the type of player, some newcomers might prefer the style.

Well for me it's not so much that he's a different moveset, it's how they chose to implement "perspective". You know how there are directional moves, like launchers or lunging moves like Stinger? Well they chose to have those directions based on where V is rather than were the familiar is.

So for example if the camera is directly behind V and the enemy is in front of him but say, Shadow is actually behind the enemy (thus facing V and the camera), it feels way more natural to me to tilt the stick backwards in relation to Shadow since he's the one visually doing the move, but you have to do that in relation to V instead, which feels so awkward and unnatural.
Also Shadow can't attack enemies past a certain distance from V so it has to be summoned back every time you wanna re-engage and that's both annoying and clunky, as well as unresponsive cause doing that means an extra Y press that is not an actual attack, just a "cat whistle".

So it's not his playstyle per se, which I find rather unique and interesting, it's the execution on his inputs that's clunky.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I kinda of hope , heavy spoilers so don't read if u haven't played and beaten the game
Vergil is playable via bloody palace or dlc , with his urizen abilities if possible[\spoiler]

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Foxtrot94

I see what you mean. Sort of misunderstood your other post. Haven’t had a chance to touch the game yet having been at work all day. How you liking it so far? :)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
How you liking it so far? :)

Aside from the V sections, I'm having a blast. The game, in its music, presentation and atmosphere feels like a DMC of old, the story is keeping me engaged (I can't ****ing stop playing goddammit) and I can't wait to get my hands on Dante.

I'm also hoping V will grow on me later with more upgrades and moves.

berto

I Saw the Devil
@Foxtrot94 I hear you. I've been having some issues with V, too. I bought a bunch of moves right before the boss fight and for the life of me they just wouldn't execute. I take my hot topic poster boy ass down to the void and try to pull of some of the moves I bought and they are just not happening. I am specifically trying the one called Guillotine because I just fought the Nidhogg boss and that move never materialized when I needed it most. The input for that is R1-> forward to back then Triangle. Well, I'm used to Bayonetta so that wasn't really a problem, lckon forth-> back, back->forth, all the same. In fact, it's not even forward -> back as much as FrwA>bK, at the speed of sound. That wasn't working so then I decided to try something. Rather than using my Bayonetta earned speed I simply went R1 -> forward, slowly count to 10, do some laundry, go for some groceries, file my taxes -> back and triangle... and it worked... I'm going to have to practice this more. The timing is really throwing me off with V.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@berto
Guillotine if I remember right is only backwards OR forward, and depending on which one you do it has a different effect, or so it says in the description.

Another problem with V for me is that there's too much stuff to check all the time, all at once. You gotta focus not only on not getting V hit, but also each of the familiars.
I've had a bit more of an easy time by just focusing on one enemy at a time, launching him and then guillotining to death while Griffon does its laser thingy as the enemy gets shredded. For armored enemies I just unleash Nightmare against those and forget about them. Kinda wanna unlock the upgrade that lets you ride the big guy for this too.

Also something I figured out a bit late, to solve the "perspective" problem. Double jumping automatically calls Griffon back and sidestepping does the same with Shadow. If you find that they are in a position where it's too counterintuitive for you to get your directional inputs right just call them back that way and reset their location.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Guillotine if I remember right is only backwards OR forward, and depending on which one you do it has a different effect, or so it says in the description.
Hmmm... that could very well be. It was 2 in the morning and I it was a full day's work so I was worn tfo. I'll read that description again when I turn the game on again.

SFH

Enjoyed the game. Only thing that bothered me was that they got somebody completely different to do Vergil's face. Dante and Vergil are suppose to be identical twins or did Capcom decide to change the story.

My favourite part was the Michael Jackson dance. It took me off guard and was hilarious.

I've been playing this on a keyboard and the things that I find hard to do are:
*Evasive rolling.
*Back and forward motions like Calibur.
*Weapon and Style switching.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Is there some hidden requirement during the credits fight or did I accidentally skip the cutscene during the credits where it shows the DMC shop?

EDIT:
Never mind, figured it out.

Last edited:

Methix

So.... why does it look like nero has angel wings, and why does he look like half angel half demon with his devil trigger, shy doe it seem like that regrowing his arm **** was like Angel like.... he literally grew wings regrew his arm in blue light. and his devil trigger looks more angel then demon, i hope to got they are not making nero a half angel half demon hybrid, and carried that **** over from DMC, we all know itsuno wanted to make dmc 2, that didint happen i just hope he didint carry that crap over for nero, to make him that please god. no angels ****. and no nephalim, really just completley poops on dante and vergil, and i just a ploy to make nero op going forward and vergil and dante irrelevant.

And that part during the end, when nero says " do you think im a demon" it is so smany hint pointing towards it and i hate it.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
So.... why does it look like nero has angel wings, and why does he look like half angel half demon with his devil trigger, shy doe it seem like that regrowing his arm **** was like Angel like.... he literally grew wings regrew his arm in blue light. and his devil trigger looks more angel then demon, i hope to got they are not making nero a half angel half demon hybrid, and carried that **** over from DMC, we all know itsuno wanted to make dmc 2, that didint happen i just hope he didint carry that crap over for nero, to make him that please god. no angels ****. and no nephalim, really just completley poops on dante and vergil, and i just a ploy to make nero op going forward and vergil and dante irrelevant.

And that part during the end, when nero says " do you think im a demon" it is so smany hint pointing towards it and i hate it.
I wouldn't say they're going for half demon half angel, I'd say it's more related to a certain type of demon form.
Much like how Credo became a demon but had an appearance of an angel.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
What would be a good name for Nero’s mother?

And any updates you all hope to see besides just Bloody Palace? I hope Vergil gets an upgrade. Same for Lucia if she makes a comeback.

Wish Vergil met Kyrie. Imagine if he sees her in the image of Nero’s mom.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
All I want is Vergil for bloody palace as an extra , maybe his
urizen form[\spoiler]

And Trish actually but not lady

Kishido

Hunter
the weakest thing is the ending...

It is so full of forced "drama" without any reasons.

Herp Derp Dante and Vergil go down to the demon world to seal it from human world... Nero alomost crying telling them they can't come back and they play the game as well.

Hello Nero... Your daddy has the Yamato and if they want, they can come back at any time.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Was thinking more as sin dt like Dante has but for maybe a decaying Vergil costume

Majin Dt seems to be relegated now that sin dt has arrived

Although majin does have invulnerability so it's weird they just dropped it

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Was thinking more as sin dt like Dante has but for maybe a decaying Vergil costume

Majin Dt seems to be relegated now that sin dt has arrived

Although majin does have invulnerability so it's weird they just dropped it

I would wish Vergil got an upgrade with new weapons to match his brother.

Plus Lucia deserves a comeback.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I played up to mission 5 last night and I'm enjoying it.

I wish you could switch through the devil breakers rather than having to break them first. V's combat takes some getting used to because you are watching over three characters instead of one. It's also pretty easy to lose track of them in the midst of fighting.

Gryphon is funnier than Nico tho.

Top Bottom