• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
So look apparently Griffin is the shoot button and Shadow is the attack button. My hypothesis on Griffin being V's gun with Shadow being his sword was fairly correct.

Griffin and Shadow look to have a fair share of moves. Unless there is no other inputs involved and its purely how it worked before. (Lock-on + direction + face button, combos, etc) I am curious what their inputs are like. His cane stuff is probably mapped to the "style" button.

Nightmare operates on his own unless you ride him and I guess V loses access to his cane since he is using it to control Nightmare and thus Nightmare becomes the style button. Will do a moveset breakdown later?

Sounds about right......so like what do the triggers do? Do the d-pads do anything? Oh God are they trying to pull a Trish again.

EDIT.

Then again it is said he can put Griffin and Shadow on auto mode and other functions like summoning the familiars and calling them back so who knows how his moveset works.

berto

I Saw the Devil
https://www.reddit.com/r/DevilMayCry/comments/a52i70 Once in a while you'll meet a girl so nice you'd think she's a living saint. That I can safely say, in all my years (this part is too blurred) I ain't ever met a girl better fit the bill like this girl Kyrie. These days you can find she's looking after the little ones in an orphanage on Fortuna. After all the awful things that went down on that island, it's safe to say she's just about the only thing holding them poor kids together. And don't get me started On how beautiful she is, she'd be beating the boys back with a stick if it wasn't for Nero. Don't know what a sweet girl like that's doing with a punk like him, but it ain't none of my business. Different strokes, I reckon.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Same here. I did the same thing with God of War 4. So YouTube I will avoid for a while. Once I get this game, I'll be playing for the whole day.

I want to go on a media blackout early for I feel what I saw is enough to say the game is worth the $60 to $70 and I mostly just look for any piece of news and coverage I can find to keep myself entertained when bored (especially since I'm on break from school and is mostly bed ridden due to my....toe) and to just get more of an idea what to expect.

I think I have seen enough and the demo is actually what I need and want for the meantime. I'll look at the final trailer, and if they show off V gameplay that too, and look at some combo vids that come from the new demo but its mostly to see what new techniques and tricks from the demo can be performed.

I booted up DMC4SE recently to prepare for the game and to refresh my skills since its been a few years. A bit rusty but my Exceed timings are on point even on Turbo and trying to find a good control scheme that works.

EDIT

Well this came out of nowhere. Well at least it answered my question of whether V's cane abilities can be used regardless if an enemy is in its white state or not and they do cause damage regardless. Hopefully this means all of V's cane abilities can do the same. It would alleviate a concern I had.

I'm guessing this is how Capcom is choosing to show off V gameplay for the time being. While a full demonstration and breakdown would be nice at least these tips are giving us some more clues about his play-style.

So what we know so far that is concrete.

Last edited:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I had a feeling DMC5 would be at Pax South and can't really think of another event before the show.

I don't need to see anymore. I was 200% sold at King Cerberus and need to have faith there is a substantial part of Nero's kit that they are hiding from us (V too) and that new sword Dante has doesn't recycle Rebellion's moveset buuuut I would love to see V's moveset. All these tiny scraps of V's gameplay isn't doing anything for me chief. Showing all these small details to his kit is pointless if we don't know how his control scheme works.

Also I would like to argue that the promoting for this game has been so limpdick. Whoever is promoting this game is doing a terrible job.

The trailers are extremely well made and spaced very carefully too. But whose idea was it to reveal weapons like Faust Hat, Cerberus, and Kalina Ann 2 as well as Nero's Devil Breakers at freaking panels (one where it was recorded and put online) why not release those content at the same time online so to generate more hype (or better yet not allow people to record as well as the videos from their CapcomChannel (that ARE.ALL.ONLY.IN.JAPANESE.WITH.NO.SUBTITLES!!)

Such awful, lame ways to reveal content for your game. You'd think they'll pull a fighting game or a Smash Bros and do like a dedicate mini trailer to stylishly show off the weapons/breakers.

But then again Capcom probably lack the funds to properly to fund a strong marketing campaign but they could afford to go to every gaming outlet known to man....but then again that is more general to market all of their games not just only DMC5.

Rant over.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
When's the final trailer?

I have a hunch it will be before the game comes out

InsecureIllegalIberianmidwifetoad-size_restricted.gif

On a side note

Well since it is a prequel and it releases a week before DMC5 drops I doubt it will contain any major details on the game's exact plot and focus more on showing how the characters are before the events that take place, possibly explain the events after DMC2 such as Dante leaving hell, maybe explain his personality in DMC2, and perhaps show Nero meet Nico for the first time. Maybe set up Urizen and give some more backstory or foreshadowing on him that doesn't give anything important anyway. Hell as a bonus Lucia might be referenced or in it too. I expect it to solely be everyone going about their lives as they normally do well maybe it might show Dante facing and defeating Balrog.

My predictions at least.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
On the bright side DT’ll be more generous with health. They might also be more generous with green orbs.

True. Though I saw a grand total of like, 4 Green Orbs in the demo and none of the enemies dropped them.

Also, this might just be a "me" thing but I'm kind of disappointed that Red Orbs only come from demons and Red Orb caches and not from random destructibles. So now there's no point to breaking things.

berto

I Saw the Devil
True. Though I saw a grand total of like, 4 Green Orbs in the demo and none of the enemies dropped them.

Also, this might just be a "me" thing but I'm kind of disappointed that Red Orbs only come from demons and Red Orb caches and not from random destructibles. So now there's no point to breaking things.
Tentacles. They drop green orbs.

There is one thing I tried when I played the demo that I was rather semi disappointed at. There was a car and I was determined to make it go boom, and at first it was looking pretty promising, like Street Fighter 2, promesing, but after the car caught on fire and went boom, it just stayed there... Like, yeah, it's on fire but outside or some flame effects and a little destruction you can't do much to the car. I wanted to make it explode and only have like a tire rolling and a few chunks left, maybe the frame.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Tentacles. They drop green orbs.

There is one thing I tried when I played the demo that I was rather semi disappointed at. There was a car and I was determined to make it go boom, and at first it was looking pretty promising, like Street Fighter 2, promesing, but after the car caught on fire and went boom, it just stayed there... Like, yeah, it's on fire but outside or some flame effects and a little destruction you can't do much to the car. I wanted to make it explode and only have like a tire rolling and a few chunks left, maybe the frame.

Yeah that bothered me too.

And yeah, I forgot the Qliphoth Roots drop them. But if they're the only enemy that does, that's kind of worrisome. Maybe I'm just used to DMC1 where they were actually semi-generous with them.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
They're not. There's the green flying enemies. They both heal enemies and drop health. An interesting layer of strategy.

That's what I get for not having played the demo in a few weeks, I completely lose track of what does what. lol

Top Bottom