• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

berto

I Saw the Devil
Also where is news of Bayo 3
From what I've seen the announcement for B3 was made pretty early on in production. The Voice actress for Bayonetta was in a podcast back in May and she said she hadn't even been contacted about the role, which means production hasn't even gotten to that point yet. Unlike DMC5, which was announced 6 months before its release, B3 was probably announced around its preliminary stages and might still be very early on in its development cycle. This is my assumption from what I've seen. I've got no solid evidence, just conjecture.

This could be the entire reason why there hasn't been any info. It's probably still in its early stages and they don't want to bother competing with DMC5's hype.
Actually, it'd be the perfect time. DMC5 is not going to the Switch and B3 is a Switch exclusive. It's the best way to compete, with their own hack and slash from the grand pápi of the genre to sell on their system.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I wouldn't mind that too much. Finding weapons in the world is very common, that's not a bad thing. The issue would be if they put it on some random, uninteresting, boring location. In DMC1 they made it epic when you found a DA. They spoke to you and then they tried to kill you and Dante would be all 'hehe:cool:. No:devil::mad:'. In DMC2 the amulets looked like they were trying to spear you. It doesn't have to be bosses converted to DA (which in itself isn't a bad idea but, honestly, it was a good concept in 3 because it was different from 1 and 2, but I'd like something new, now), as long as it's epic, I don't mind, but if you specifically say that the weapon came from a demon and you don't show it, specially when you call them Lucifer and Balrog, that's so not Raven. I mean, come on. One's the devil himself and the other is one of the most iconic and impressive creatures from the LotR, could you be any more of a c' tease?

I guess it makes sense for Dante to start off with more Devil Arms than just Rebellion if he is still doing Devil Hunting off screen but they can at least start him off with Cerberus instead and get Balrog later down the road.

They probably should've renamed Lucifer Asmodeus. It would've made as much (if not more) sense for the nature of the weapon.

From what I've seen the announcement for B3 was made pretty early on in production. The Voice actress for Bayonetta was in a podcast back in May and she said she hadn't even been contacted about the role, which means production hasn't even gotten to that point yet. Unlike DMC5, which was announced 6 months before its release, B3 was probably announced around its preliminary stages and might still be very early on in its development cycle. This is my assumption from what I've seen. I've got no solid evidence, just conjecture.

Actually, it'd be the perfect time. DMC5 is not going to the Switch and B3 is a Switch exclusive. It's the best way to compete, with their own hack and slash from the grand pápi of the genre to sell on their system.

6 months.....doesn't sound right wasn't DMC5 announced at E3 in June....so like 9 months before its release.

berto

I Saw the Devil
They probably should've renamed Lucifer Asmodeus. It would've made as much (if not more) sense for the nature of the weapon.
Is it because Asmodeus is lust? And, what, with the whole penetration scene and the moves being named Bondage, Discipline, Ecstasy, Climax and... oh, god, Splash. You know, Splash is the least bad sounding of the lot but you put in with the rest of them, for whatever reason, it actually makes it seem the worst one of them all.

Anyway, Lucifer is pride or vanity, so with the theme of the weapon being what it is, yeah, lust would be more appropriate. Well, what's done is done. Lucifer is famously the most beautiful amongst all angels and that DA is freakin' ugly, so what're you gonna do.

DMC5 announced at E3 in June....so like 9 months before its release.
Has it been that long? It feels like a lot less. This has been a really active release process. It used to take months to get any new thing but now we get new material every few days to weeks.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Has it been that long? It feels like a lot less. This has been a really active release process. It used to take months to get any new thing but now we get new material every few days to weeks.

Was this the time during the time there was no new game coming out or did this also apply during DmC as well as DmC DE and DMC4 SE?

You know what I guess having 2 Fire Themed bosses in the game would be a bit redundant. Plus as long as its somewhat addressed in the story I will be okay with it....but knowing the DMC writing staff and Itsuno they probably won't.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Was this the time during the time there was no new game coming out or did this also apply during DmC as well as DmC DE and DMC4 SE?
I got in to the series around the time of DMC2. Back then they announced each game damn near when one was released. So 2 releases 3 gets announced and 2 years later it comes out. After 3, through, the gaps between releases just kept getting bigger, with this one holding the record. The gaps with no game and the wait between announcement and release really piled on, specially because they used to release games years after their announcement, so 9 months feel like nothing compared to the years they used to make us wait.

Last edited:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I got in to the series around the time of DMC2. Back then they announced each game damn near when one was released. So 2 releases 3 gets announced and 2 years it comes out. After 3, through, the gaps between releases just kept getting bigger, with this one holding the record. The gaps with no game and the wait between announcement and release really piled on, specially because they used to release games years after their announcement, so 9 months feel like nothing compared to the years they used to make us wait.

Was this forum around then?

Also there is this video.

This is his own hypothesis not 100% confirmed but most things are pretty legit. Some a bit iffy.

Although I always thought you needed to be in Gunslinger to charge guns now but at 6:06 that doesn't seem to be case as he was able to charge his guns while in Trickster. The automatic gun charge while in Gunslinger is neat.

berto

I Saw the Devil
So, have any of you heard of the ugly friends principle? So, one girl surrounds herself with less attractive friends to make herself look hotter.
Example:
https://my.mixtape.moe/ehbnrp.webm

Well, in a very similar fashion Dante has the exact opposite relationship with his hair. I've said it a bunch of times over the weeks since they gave us a better look at Dante. showed my sister that pic of Dante's profile and she thought he was barely a meh, which I agreed with and reminded her what his body model looked like. I told her that I think it's the hair and she put her fingers over his hair and, well, we went from this
Dante-meh.png
To this:
Dante-ok.png

And, yeah, that hair isn't doing him any favors. I don't know why it alters the rest of his face but it does and it ruins his good looks in ways Laura only dreamed of.

Was this forum around then?
I don't know. I first found this site in '09 but I didn't join since I was a member on another 2 DMC communities.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Y'know, I was thinking back on DMC3 the other day and I thought about how cool it was how Vergil used Beowulf in his second boss fight and Force Edge in the third. It kept the multiple boss fights with him from getting stale and gave Vergil a more organic feeling - that he was learning and growing stronger after each battle too.

Anyways, although it seems unlikely that there'll be a boss with multiple fights now since there's three different playable characters with their own campaigns, on the offchance that there is it would be cool if their combat evolved to fight the protagonist like Vergil did.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Paris Games Week’s tomorrow
If you mean the 25th it is currently the 25th there, right now, 6 am, so maybe tonight. I'm calling it now, though, they're going probably have something, but I don't think it will be a V trailer.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
If you mean the 25th it is currently the 25th there, right now, 6 am, so maybe tonight. I'm calling it now, though, they're going probably have something, but I don't think it will be a V trailer.

Nowhere in the PR did Capcom allude to having a big presence at PGW.

If anything they'll probably just have the have same Nero demo like the last 5-7 Game Shows. Maybe maybe just maybe if Capcom (or Itsuno) is feeling generous and wants to throw us a bone they might allow a public Dante demo (the TGS build) so maybe a pro player or even a casual audience can try it out to see how the improvements fare with the general audience.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Nowhere in the PR did Capcom allude to having a big presence at PGW.

If anything they'll probably just have the have same Nero demo like the last 5-7 Game Shows. Maybe maybe just maybe if Capcom (or Itsuno) is feeling generous and wants to throw us a bone they might allow a public Dante demo (the TGS build) so maybe a pro player or even a casual audience can try it out to see how the improvements fare with the general audience.

Nothing exciting in PGW for DMC yet?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Oh god I hope the ultimate edition price is a lie.

Its a super limited edition that is only Japan (right now).

Don't know why people are making a big deal about it? If anything its just pretty pointless but if some rich sucker wants it so badly then yeah more power to them.

Honestly I wouldn't buy these if they were $100. I won't spend money on clothes that are too big for me (since their scaled to the actual chaarcters) and Dante and Nero are some tall ass, bulky mofos and have a ripped sleeve or intentionally ragged and dirty.

Nothing exciting in PGW for DMC yet?

NOPE just the same GODDAMN Nero demo but this time in FRENCH......well the menus and text were.

Top Bottom