• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gamescom Trailer

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
You don't have to pretend. Just except it as a reboot of the character you use to know.
Except it's not a reboot, this doesn't even try to stay true to it's source material. Heck, God of War could teach this thing a thing or two about messing with your source material while staying true to it.

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
Except it's not a reboot, this doesn't even try to stay true to it's source material. Heck, God of War could teach this thing a thing or two about messing with your source material while staying true to it.

funny-Fry-meme-trolling-Internet.jpg

Azurel

This is either a very elaborate troll, or I came to hate you in the last minute.

Dude, I was joking. I loved Vezlid's post. I totally agree with him. Old Vergil is a living anime trope.

New Vergil is optimistic, and yet is still pragmatic. He cares about people, and still knows the need for sacrifice. This is a character with a lot of layers. And, as you'll see later on, a very dangerous person who will not let anyone, including Dante, from completing his mission.

He only agreed to rescuing Kat only because he thinks there's still a small chance to reach his goal while still being able to abide by his brother's wishes. However, later, a situation will probably arise where he'll have to make a choice: the mission, or Kat. Dante will choose Kat, Vergil will choose the mission, and they'll fight because of that.

This is what most likely will happen. The same goal, but two very different ways to go about it.

But it makes sense; rescue one person, or free humanity from the demon's grasp? It's a tough choice, no matter how you look at it.

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
Seishomaru is stoic, Vergil isn't. They are the protagonists' evil brothers. Katanas and white hair and a desire for power... Well they certainly seem to follow a certain formula but I still say that as much as they are alike they are also equaly different.

Are you talking about this new Vergil isn't stoic or DMC3 Vergil?

As far as comparisons to Seishomaru (sp?), I think they are both similar and different. Seishomaru was a bit more of an interesting character than DMC3 Vergil personality wise, while still being a cold and murderous badass. DMC3 Vergil was so one dimensional. Idk maybe because Im a writer I dont like it when characters are so one sided. Loved the design and badassiness of him, but im hopefully for a more fully fleshed out Vergil in this one.

Azurel

Are you talking about this new Vergil isn't stoic or DMC3 Vergil?

As far as comparisons to Seishomaru (sp?), I think they are both similar and different. Seishomaru was a bit more of an interesting character than DMC3 Vergil personality wise, while still being a cold and murderous badass. DMC3 Vergil was so one dimensional. Idk maybe because Im a writer I dont like it when characters are so one sided. Loved the design and badassiness of him, but im hopefully for a more fully fleshed out Vergil in this one.

There's no question about it. They've already gone more about their family history in that one conversation than the entire DMC series as a whole, leaving everyone else to write fanfictions on what only could have happened, leaving everyone in the dark.

I'm actually more afraid of this Vergil than of the old one. He just seems so.... unpredictable. And yet, still somehow approachable. Vergil wouldn't even let Arkham talk to him without Arkham mentioning evil at some point.

Old Vergil: Did someone say evil? Ok, I'm in.

Didn't take much to convince him, did it now?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Okay allow me to rephrase, a reboot, would use DMC as source material. It would actually try to give the characters the same, or at least similar personalities. To it's source material. This is nothing like that. It's a new IP with DMC slapped on the title.

Dude new Dante is exactly like old Dante. Both don't give a F*ck about who they fight and both kick ass.

Vergil's the only one that's different in my eyes.

Agility

"Known"
Okay allow me to rephrase, a reboot, would use DMC as source material. It would actually try to give the characters the same, or at least similar personalities. To it's source material. This is nothing like that. It's a new IP with DMC slapped on the title.
tumblr_lipbsyfAao1qf8z0uo1_500_Spider_Man_Meme-s474x351-196147-580.jpg

ninjaa93

thats not true as an exsisting ip and working for capcom ninja theory just like anyone else have to follow tradmark rules so while they can change some things the cant change others for example he can be have angel half demon but not have angel have human its legalistic thats how some people get over when it comes to lawsuits for plagiarizing

Tiran

The great pretender.

There are no set rules for a reboot, actually.

As for the similarities to the previous games and this being an unrelated, new ip with Devil May Cry slapped on it...

Imagine if this Dante's name was not Dante and his brother was not Vergil. Even if the names for everything were changed and this was an original Ip by Ninja Theory for, say, Namco... They'd very easily get sued by Capcom for copyright infringement and every DMC fan would wholeheartedly agree. It is THAT much the same.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy

As for the similarities to the previous games and this being an unrelated, new ip with Devil May Cry slapped on it...

Imagine if this Dante's name was not Dante and his brother was not Vergil. Even if the names for everything were changed and this was an original Ip by Ninja Theory for, say, Namco... They'd very easily get sued by Capcom for copyright infringement and every DMC fan would wholeheartedly agree. It is THAT much the same.

I wouldn't

Just out of curiosity. What exactly do you think they could sue them for? the half demon who kills other demons thing?

mrrandomlulz

Except it is being made for capcom, Ninja Theory could just go to Capcom and say " due to fan reactions, We'd prefer to make this a new IP.", if They did that and Capcom said yes or no. I would've been fine.

Agility

"Known"
Except it is being made for capcom, Ninja Theory could just go to Capcom and say " due to fan reactions, We'd prefer to make this a new IP.", if They did that and Capcom said yes or no. I would've been fine.

Nobody cares about how okay you are with Capcom's decision to reboot the series. You've been here for far too long to not know what is what. So stop trolling. You're looking pretty damn lonely and pathetic in my eyes.

mrrandomlulz

Nobody cares about how okay you are with Capcom's decision to reboot the series. You've been here for far too long to not know what is what. So stop trolling. You're looking pretty damn lonely and pathetic in my eyes.
COME_AT_ME_BRO.jpg

That the best you got

mrrandomlulz

Hm? Oh I'm sorry I was trying to get your attention.

Hey, get back on topic. Kay?
There is a difference between trying to get someones attention and flat out insulting them.

I am ashamed. If your gonna insult me. Make it a decent insult.

KnightBatman

So after enjoying the fact that Dante got to see a picture of him and his family when he was a kid, I can't help but enjoy the fact that even when they were kids, Dante's hair was still black and Vergil's is full on white. So maybe his hair will stay black in this Devil May Cry universe?? :D (I'm just one of the few fans of his darker hair and enjoying this possibility. NOT trying to start another "hair color" war)

tumblr_m8qvfoEUlT1rqc5wzo1_r1_1280-1-1.jpg

Tiran

The great pretender.
So after enjoying the fact that Dante got to see a picture of him and his family when he was a kid, I can't help but enjoy the fact that even when they were kids, Dante's hair was still black and Vergil's is full on white. So maybe his hair will stay black in this Devil May Cry universe?? :D (I'm just one of the few fans of his darker hair and enjoying this possibility. NOT trying to start another "hair color" war)

tumblr_m8qvfoEUlT1rqc5wzo1_r1_1280-1-1.jpg
I honestly don't think that's Dante and Vergil in that pic. I think that's just Vergil's adopted family there. Dante is seeing that his brother grew up in a real family with loving parents while he was raised in an abusive environment. The two were not raised together nor does Dante even know his mother.

Top Bottom