• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gamescom 2012 DmC Reveals

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
OH MY GOD THIS IS A SOLID ELEVEN ON THE EPICOSITY SCALE....AND OT ONLY GOES UP TO FIVE.

Vergil seems like everything i expected. strong, confident and resilient. NT know what theyre doing, the most important factor here is the relatonship between the brothers. Vergil seems extatic to finally meet Dante which is understandable. there seems to be a real chemistry between the two but its a little early to comment on that. Vergil is (as i predicted) obsessed with the elimination of demons. when dante asks if it was the only purpose of the order he replied "were you planning on doing anything else with your life?" also we see that Dante has to convince him to let him save Kat. showing he doesnt mind sacrificing a few lives for his cause.

SOOO IN A WORD AWESOMECOSITY

AngelMode

To tell the truth. I don't really like Vergil's personality now (as far as we have been shown). But that's simply because I don't like that "type" of personality overall, so it is bias on that regard.

However, this Vergil's character is like a billion times more interesting than the original was.

Here's how I see it.

DMC1 Vergil - ....... (never ending dots)

DMC3 Vergil - "I want daddy's power to become the strongest being in the universe for no particular good reason and I will kill an entire city block in order to do so..."

DmC - An adopted child to a rich family, whose mother was killed and father captured by demons. A genius during his school years who then later decided to create a terrorist organization in order to oppose the demons for what they have done to him.

I mean, see the difference right? There is more to a character that just acting cool, in fact, that makes them boring. For example, in DMC3, I liked Dante's and Vergil's personalities because it was something fresh. But once this carried over to DMC4 I hated how Dante acted, because he had not changed at all.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Alex mercer is a pretty bland character yet many people like him.Kratos only thinks for revenge yet many people love him.
Does that make them REALLY boring? No. Most people forget the in depth personality of the character themselves because of how cool they are or how epic they are in the game itself.For example, kratos killing the gods.Most people don't give a crap about his annoying grunts and roars and his screams for revenge because of the whole killing-gods-montage thing..

KnightBatman

Cool, we get more character moments in this trailer as well as a bit of a look into the story and some really great gameplay selections! Vergil's look is great! This reboot is in a really good direction in my opinion and I can't wait to see what else is in store for us in Gamescom AND when the game is released in January!

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
.......................hmmm.....this Vergil.....I like.....the other Vergil....I like.....I infact like this Vergil's voice more a bit...mainly because it sounds pretty interesting and in this one 2 minute trailer I've seen Vergil show off more facial expressions than the past Vergil....even if he only showed off like 5 or 4 still more than DMC Vergil.

His backstory......unoriginal and well corny......but DMC Vergil's backstory was no better.

Being unoriginal(maybe not DMC4) and corny is plot tumor DMC suffers but at least this one tries to be serious and well focus on depth and more dark.....well sure it feels like an American movie and this trailer feels like a trailer for an American film.

Andrew

that look epic, vergil looks more like an older brother than twin only thing i disklike was the hair style and blue trousers other than that looked kool look like we might get a similar arkham boss fight wid dante and vergil fightin side by side,.

Agility

"Known"
Playable character, just as I said.

This is far fetched then again NT is doing exactly what I need them to. But, if they could give us a decision between which to play through the story with, I'd forever be grateful. Two 14 hr campaigns = Murder.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
some new screenshots!
raptornews.jpg

raptornews2.jpg

raptornews3.jpg

it looks like the place we saw in the trailer........ONLY UPSIDE DOWN!

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
OH MANNN THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST DAYS EVER :D I CANT WAIT TO PLAY THIS GAME :D

from the articles ive read it seems odd how Vergil was singled out for the life of success while dante was sent to be tortured. i wonder if theyll give a reason for that later. did anyone else see how he had white hair as a child but dantes was black. so has Vergil always have his demon powers or is it something else. and seeing how he lost his parents to demons twice it makes sense he is so happy to have a family memeber again and is far more hateful than dante towards demons.

only thing is i dont want a story like in DMC4 so half of it is dante and half is vergil. id prefer if they both have their own complete stories...eg. "Dante you go to the verility factory and i (vergil) will go to the {insert demon place here}" so you do both levels after eachother. but chronologically they happen at the same time. or mid level you switch between the two.

Top Bottom