• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Games last year you where happy with, or hated.

was last year good for gaming?

• yes

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • no

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Angelo Credo said:
Gears 2 was pretty good, a marked improvement over the first one, playing Horde mode with friends is the most fun I've had with a game in quite a long time, sure, the campaign is lacking, and criminally short, and the multiplayer is...In a word, awful, to be frank, Horde makes up for all of the game's shortcomings for me.

Really, I've found little else quite so fun as running around with a friend, slaughtering wave after wave of suicidal Locust, makes for great giggles.

^So you basically agree that 2/3 of the game is crap? Sorry, but If I am going to get a game to have fun with a friend I look for something MUCH better, like something with a good story, enjoyable characters, and am epic multiplayer because when I buy a game I expect to enjoy every aspect, not just one. (Call of duty modern warfare is a good example of a shooting/war game done right)

Angelo Credo said:
You do have a good point.
The campaign was longer than the first, but really, it didn't feel long enough if you get what I mean, I practically shot through the game in about a total of 8 hours, and I don't really have an incentive to do it again, I just play it for the Horde mode now.

Don't get me wrong, Gears 2 is a massive improvement over the first, by miles, and Horde mode is sheer brilliance, and is more fun than several barrels of particularly whimsical monkeys, it just felt a little too short for me to get into it, nor form any real attachment to the characters.

Take Carmine for example, when he kicked the bucket, I felt nothing for him, I'm surprised he lived as long as he did after the team got back together...

^Exactly the characters where horribly done. A bunch of gung-ho macho men located somewhere in their power armor are absolutly convinced they are heros in their own action movie, exactly whaty puts me off war games.

I played wanting them to die.:dry:

The campaign was WAY too short, I would only consider RENTING a game this short.

Angelo Credo said:
I'd still be willing to name Gears 2 one of my top 5 games of 2008.

Not me.

Just thought I would explain some of the reasons I don't like the games, not trying to flame here.

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
It was an O.K year.
Good games-
GTA-4
CoD-WaW
WoTLK
LBP
Crisis Core.
---------
Bad games.
Army of 2
R6V2
and many moooore....

Keaton

Premium
Games of 2008 said:
-Dead Space
-Prince of Persia
-Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
-No More Heroes
-Devil May Cry 4
-Ninja Gaiden II
-Smash Bros Brawl
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
-Fable II
-Gears of War 2
-Assassins Creed

^I think it was a damn good year for games.
Although Gears2 had its flaws, playing campaign in High Def is jaw-dropping :D

My fave games of 2008 (above list), are enough for me to call it a good year ^_^

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
Devil May Cry 4
Bleach Heat the soul 5
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
Mirrors Edge
Metal Gear Solid 4
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
Little Big Planet
Resistance 2

for me there is only 1 game i liked in that year and its Metal Gear Solid 4 so i voted for no cause it was a horrible year and to be honest i am very dissapointed from the modern gaming i loved old games but the new ones are getting more and more dissapointing

EmotionsUntold

Unloved Someone
I thought last year was rather good. Considering I rarely find anything I like anyway. Last year Devil May Cry 4, RE: Chain of Memories, Crisis Core, and Little Bid Planet were all pretty great.... or was Little Big Planet this year?? Eh, oh well. They're all good :lol:

Top Bottom