• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Game of the Year

Game of the Year?

• Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Call of Duty 4 (PS3, 360, PC)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Grand Theft Auto 4 (PS3, 360, PC)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bioshock (PS3, 360, PC)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Halo 3 (360)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Metal Gear Solid 4.That game is the greatest game of this year.:)

Although I am quite sad that Devil May Cry 4 are not included in Game TV polls... This sucks...:(

Dark Drakan

Admin
Dante Aseroth;113381 said:
Don't tell me, man...Halo 3?! HALO 3?!...:sick:

I really enjoyed Halo 3, the theatre mode is pure genius and i hold a lot of praise for Bungie.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
^ I'll drink to that, what I will say about Halo is this, the campaign was criminally short and easy, even on Legendary, and the story wasn't all that.

But hey, this isn't the place to discuss Halo 3 really. :lol:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Angelo Credo;113393 said:
^ I'll drink to that, what I will say about Halo is this, the campaign was criminally short and easy, even on Legendary, and the story wasn't all that.

But hey, this isn't the place to discuss Halo 3 really. :lol:

Campaign was very short agreed but its co-op was fun and a good laugh. I still have no idea how they optimised the theatre mode so well to get such large amounts of footage to be saved in such small files.

Sparda™

Basically, Halo can't be compared with Metal Gear Solid...You can't compare them as one is just legendary as the other is just....a shooter.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Dante Aseroth;113396 said:
Basically, Halo can't be compared with Metal Gear Solid...You can't compare them as one is just legendary as the other is just....a shooter.

Shooters can be great too, i mean COD 4 is one of the best games ive played in years. Played it more than most games in last 2 years too and that is just a 'shooter' too. Cant forget the records that Halo 3 smashed when it came out, no-one can argue with that. Love it or hate it, it was the biggest media launch ever.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
A lot of shooters in the past few years have been something truly special, I mean...Halo certainly isn't one of them, it's sub par and not deserving of all the praise it gets, I'd be the first to agree that MGS 4 > Halo any day.

It seems though, a lot of gamers prefer a game that throws brightly coloured bloom into your face and has the depth of a spoon, when you get a shooter that both looks pretty and has a good storyline, that's when the developers have done a good job. (See Bioshock.)

Sure, you can't really compare any game to the Metal Gear series, it's just...Against the law or something to even try, but still, you're talking about two separate genres, shooters and stealth games, shooters have their elite, Bioshock, Timeshift, Doom, Call of Duty, Medal of Honour...Halo...(I can never say that with a straight face.)

But the stealth game side of things has it's elite games too, Metal Gear being the prime of them all, unsurpassed storyline and storytelling, awesome atmospherics...But, I, along with many other people, always thought the combat added up to a flaming pile of garbage, and that's where your shooters come in.

I always thought shooters and stealth games complimented each other nicely, shooters offer the "pulse-pounding" action of blowing someone’s testicles off with a shotgun at close range, while the stealth games offer the fun of a sneaky run around while also giving you that adrenaline rush of knowing that if you get caught, you're going to be out-gunned, yet it still lacks in the real action department.

Still, I always loved the Metal Gear series, I always loved shooters as well, I suppose it gives me the ability to give a fair view on both, having experienced and loved both for many years of my life.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Ive been a fan of the Metal Gear series but i had MGS 3 and just couldnt get into it. People tell me how good it was all the time but i just couldnt be bothered with it. The first and second i loved and then 3 i just lost interest. FPS games have always been my speciality genre and ive grown up with them so i have quite a few favorites. However id never class any Doom after the 2nd, Timeshift or any Medal Of Honour (besides Allied Assault) as the elite of the FPS genre. I dont doubt that MSG 4 is an epic game, but having not played it i cant say either way.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
the reason i put call of duty 4 is because i like the game . i would of put mgs but it broke my ps3 along with a system update so.....

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Dark Drakan;113458 said:
Ive been a fan of the Metal Gear series but i had MGS 3 and just couldnt get into it. People tell me how good it was all the time but i just couldnt be bothered with it. The first and second i loved and then 3 i just lost interest. FPS games have always been my speciality genre and ive grown up with them so i have quite a few favorites. However id never class any Doom after the 2nd, Timeshift or any Medal Of Honour (besides Allied Assault) as the elite of the FPS genre. I dont doubt that MSG 4 is an epic game, but having not played it i cant say either way.

I was just using those as examples, not specifics, Timeshift was lacking, but it tried something new, Doom after 2 just lost it's spark and Medal of Honour...Well, that's been going on longer than the actual second world war, let that be the judge.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Alot of people say Metal gear solid is a stealth game, and it is.

Its just that I play Metal gear with no stealth at all(hot and heavy style) and I loved it!

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Meh, I'm sure I've told you this before Dante, the only thing that really struck a high note for me that was made by Valve was Portal.

Half-Life was alright, but you play one game and you've played them all...

Yes Valve you made a physics engine! But stop making us do that damned SeeSaw puzzle!

Tawsie

Give Me More...
Dark Drakan;113458 said:
Ive been a fan of the Metal Gear series but i had MGS 3 and just couldnt get into it. People tell me how good it was all the time but i just couldnt be bothered with it. The first and second i loved and then 3 i just lost interest.

I completely agree with you, 3 is sub-par of MGS games in my opinion. Although the cinematics are good, storyline, music, everything that a good MGS game has its got but I just couldn't get into it. I don't really know why.

RannaBebop

my pics would be Bioshock or Halo 3 ... i would never pic MGS4 considering i have had a deep hatred for MGS games since i played the demo on ps1 dont ask me why but its one of the few games i cant stand.

Top Bottom