• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Future DMC antagonist ideas?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Once DMC5 is released and successful, what are your thoughts for the future of DMC? Like what new villains to have take part in the franchise?

DMC3: Arkham/Jester
DMC1: Mundus
DMC4: Order of the Sword
DMC2: Arius
DMC5: Urizen/Vergil

Maybe a Deathstroke-type villain? I picture someone who was once human reborn and injected by demon blood, is revived to take his revenge on Vergil for a humiliation that costs him his eye and arm, but takes his vengeance/grudge on Nero.
b84ee0d6613d5a91309f20b56cbb0e39.png

ar223b_0125b.jpg

A Destro-type villain? Since he's inspired by Man in the Iron Mask. Maybe a member of a military/terrorist group formed after the incident in DMC5.
903671-83933_156191_destro_super.jpg

What are yours?

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
@Z218
I thought of a similar thing when coming up with a villain. Someone gruffy, dirty, and trashy, yet brutal and effective. Similar to Nomak, he is prototype meant to defeat Dante, and was made with a combination of science and demon sorcery. Considered a failure, he hates his creators and the world as a whole, be they human, demon, or in between. An evil counterpart to Lucia. In fact, in my hypothetical game, she would be fighting this boss three times, and it would be her rival fight.

Goldsickle

More "human" villains who kills all demons indiscriminately, even half-demons.

It would be super shocking to find out the guy who was handing Dante and Nero's ass to them was a complete human with no demon powers at all.

One example of a similar concept was from:
Metal Gear Rising, where Raiden finds out that Sam was mostly human and only had a prosthetic arm.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
@Z218
I thought of a similar thing when coming up with a villain. Someone gruffy, dirty, and trashy, yet brutal and effective. Similar to Nomak, he is prototype meant to defeat Dante, and was made with a combination of science and demon sorcery. Considered a failure, he hates his creators and the world as a whole, be they human, demon, or in between. An evil counterpart to Lucia. In fact, in my hypothetical game, she would be fighting this boss three times, and it would be her rival fight.

Be nice to show someone trying to create clones of the Sparda sons. But without the "twin factor".

How about a Lex Luthor-type villain? I know there's already someone from DmC who's like a mix of Luthor & Kingpin, but... just an idea.
latest

Maybe an Ultron-type villain? Like some sentient robot affected with demon energy? Since the Infested Vehicles, maybe some robot demon can fit in in someway.
latest

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
For the anime, I thought they should do an episode that ties into the first light novel. My idea was to have Dante return to the novel's setting because of some mysterious deaths etc. So the reveal is that its a group of ghost thugs that Dante killed as a mercenary and they are haunting the city.

For V- I wanted to take another shot at telling a love story so his ex-girlfriend enters the fray. She's a witch who works for a nebulous group who V used to work for or she wants him to join and that's the inticing incident. She's more of the rival character and V isn't sure if he can trust her etc. She's based off Leta Lestrange from Crimes of Grindlewald and Angel from X-men First class mixed in with some Axel from kingdom hearts.

I wanted to do a V goes Hollywood story- he takes a protection job from a producer because he's gotta pay rent and his only marketable skills are demon-hunting. One of the villains was a screenwriter who turns to magic in part of a revenge scheme. Another was gonna be a demon who really hates movies and just wants people to enjoy the theatre again. Another was a goblin mob-boss who knows V from back in the day and think he's a threat to an unrelated scheme his crew's got cooking.

Guidon from the Live Hacker musical makes an appearance as V's rival. They respect each other but don't like each other.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
For the anime, I thought they should do an episode that ties into the first light novel. My idea was to have Dante return to the novel's setting because of some mysterious deaths etc. So the reveal is that its a group of ghost thugs that Dante killed as a mercenary and they are haunting the city.

For V- I wanted to take another shot at telling a love story so his ex-girlfriend enters the fray. She's a witch who works for a nebulous group who V used to work for or she wants him to join and that's the inticing incident. She's more of the rival character and V isn't sure if he can trust her etc. She's based off Leta Lestrange from Crimes of Grindlewald and Angel from X-men First class mixed in with some Axel from kingdom hearts.

I wanted to do a V goes Hollywood story- he takes a protection job from a producer because he's gotta pay rent and his only marketable skills are demon-hunting. One of the villains was a screenwriter who turns to magic in part of a revenge scheme. Another was gonna be a demon who really hates movies and just wants people to enjoy the theatre again. Another was a goblin mob-boss who knows V from back in the day and think he's a threat to an unrelated scheme his crew's got cooking.

Guidon from the Live Hacker musical makes an appearance as V's rival. They respect each other but don't like each other.

Nice. But V's still unknown at the moment.

Wonder for a Mister Sinister-like villain who Sparda encountered during his journey?

xmen-mrsinister-comics.jpg

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
A demon rival patterned after a gunslinger with a weird sense of humor.

@Ronin
make him like a renaissance scientist who prolongs his life due to magic.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
With Urizen out of the picture, any new antagonists to join? Maybe the Hellfire Club?

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Since a lot of inspiration from the series comes from Divine Comedy, Renaissance Italy in general, or else classical mythology, taking villains from classics could be a good idea. Malebranche could be introduced as mooks.

I would also look to Ars Goetia for inspiration. It has enough various demons for half a dozen Devil May Cry games.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Arch angel Gabriel

Comes to eradicate all demons , full or half

And all humans with evil or bad intent in their hearts and souls

I don't think that would work. Angels are literal messangers of God, they are not allowed to go against His will, so if there is any angel that would act as an antagonist that would automatically make him a Fallen Angel - which is to say, a demon. Overall, that idea would be hardly original, though that doesn't mean it is necessarily bad. But it may need a refreshment, else you end up with a rehash of Mundus or Urizen.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Regular angels are messengers, there are 7 archangels of God

Thy have fought in wars against Satan and more

They fight evil

They don't need to fall to fight against the demons , who multiple times nearly wiped out mankind

It could actually work

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Sparda himself, it would be cool to se the hero be a villain... Maybe under the control of some other villain he attack the world

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Here's an idea, Sparda didn't beat Mundus' army alone. He had the help of King Solomon who had used his powerful magic to enslave 72 demons to be his servants (think like V) but after Mundus was defeated, Solomon was reluctant to give up his powerful demons as they could help him rule the human world, so Sparda sealed both King and Demons together away in a bronze vessel and cast it into the depths of the ocean. Cue modern day where treasure seekers dig the vessel up and break the seal - thus releasing Solomon who had become infused with the 72 demons he had been sealed with as now a powerful demon/human hybrid who seeks to rule over everything.

Just a quick idea I had.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
They should a new half-breed as a villain. Broly style. The Majin Devil Trigger would be suited.

Top Bottom