• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Future DMC antagonist ideas?

Picard

Starfleet Demon
I'd rather have new enemies and bosses to be honest but that's just me lol

Also I think when Ronin said antagonist he meant one main big bad guy , rather than just regular bosses like your list

Although I may be wrong on that

My list included both, though. I just didn't feel like leaving the boss without minions.

There's another name for the evil Santa Claus: KRAMPUS!!!!

Isn't he just assistant, though?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
What about an antagonist that is an ethereal being made from the souls of all regular demons , and generals etc that didn't become a devil arm

All combined into a super powerful demon hellbent on destroying everything ,human world and demon world

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Wow, that might work rather well. Question is now whether to make him single-minded, or scatter-brained with a million of unconnected plans so nobody, not even himself, knows all the plans at any one time.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Hive mind was my idea, all the skills and knowledge of each and every demon and boss/general are readily available

And Dante's fightin skills are remembered and can be parried

So only new weapons he hasn't fought them with can damage it

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Hive mind was my idea, all the skills and knowledge of each and every demon and boss/general are readily available

And Dante's fightin skills are remembered and can be parried

So only new weapons he hasn't fought them with can damage it

Heh, you could make that with defeating bosses, and maybe then one/new boss absorbing all of them and gaining their skills, and serving as the final boss. Much better than the "fight bossess three times" DMC4, though difficulty spike of fighting a boss with literally dozen combat styles might be a bit too much for some.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Basically it would be a super long end fight where you fight phantoms of all those enemies separate, and then fight the main boss with all the combined might and all its powers

Do the fight in 3 stages with the first being waves of the normal enemies

Then the generals as spectral versions

Then the big bad guy with all the powers combined as one , kind of like how argosax did it except , it's not a blob but a demon about 10 feet tall with a multitude of weapons and attacks

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Hmm... would you make him utilize all the attacks at once, or switch between different "styles"?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I'd allow him to freely swap between them , and to make the fight harder build an adaptive ai so that he has no pattern and he counters you

and it forces you to adapt to him instead

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Yes but with a moveset of ever single enemy and boss from DMC1 to DMC5

And their weapons

So it would be like Dante fighting his entire past

And it would be the longest main villian boss fight in the history of DMC

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Any good villain swordmasters to think of?

How about someone like Vile from Megaman X?
latest

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How would you picture half-breed twin daughters appearing in a new DMC as one of the antagonists?

Not from Sparda’s line, not Mundus either, but from a new demon whose following Sparda’s path but in an evil way.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
How would you picture half-breed twin daughters appearing in a new DMC as one of the antagonists?

Not from Sparda’s line, not Mundus either, but from a new demon whose following Sparda’s path but in an evil way.
So a demon who became a false idol for humanity?
A demon who fell for an evil human? (like a serial killer)
A demon who was inspired by humanity's potential for cruelty?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!

Whether those twin girls are born full demon or half-breed.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!

I guess something like that. A demon whose from royal hierarchy and serves Mundus even plans to overthrow him.

Top Bottom