• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Funny little things we notice in video games

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
ok, so i never realized this when playing the ratchet and clank games, but they have some really...um..."suggestive" titles (either that or i'm a complete gutter ball)

CRm9jBMVAAERtJo.png

and yes...yes i am slow.

Last edited:

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
ok, so i never realized this when playing the ratchet and clank games, but they have some really...um..."suggestive" titles (either that or i'm a complete gutter ball)

CRm9jBMVAAERtJo.png
yeah those are intentional but funny all the same

everyone knows about this one
but i got to bring it up
in ocarina of time when your in courtyard were you first meet Zelda

if you look thew the windows off to the side you can see pictures of Mario characters
and if you shoot them a ruby or a bomb will come out
228px-Portriats3.jpg

200px-CameoPortraits.png

i always thought this was cool :thumbsup:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
yakuza2ps2_004-large.jpg
In Yakuza 2, a Street Urchin will occasionally walk up to you on the streets of Osaka, trying to pick a fight. One such ruffian waddles up to you, and asks what you're doing "strutting like a damn peacock" in his territory.

Now, you have the option to bribe him or flee to leave you alone. But you also have the option in the dialogue to provoke him with the funniest line in video game history:

"I 'peacocked' your Mom."

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
here is one funny thing i noticed in Sonic 1
there are two ending one were you beat the game but Eggman still has the chaos emeralds you did not get

and then there is the true ending if you get all the chaos emeralds

whats interesting is it almost looks like Sonic expected something else to happen
maybe turn in to Super Sonic?

but he can't do that in Sonic 1 because there are only 6 chaos emeralds in sonic 1
the 7th was only added in Sonic 2

makes you wonder whether or not they were planing Super Sonic since the beginning

Reactions: Jak

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
in infamous second son, i never really listened to the people in the background, but a lot of civilians scream "you're that guy, who does the thing" or "i wanna have your babies" just weird and funny stuff like that. and since i've been to seattle, i can confirm, that people actually would say things like that (even if you DIDN'T have crazy awesome superpowers)

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Borderlands makes fun of TNMT and Batman by having you fight "splinter group" consisted of group wearing colour bandages and loving pizza and also Batman reference for having unmarked quest where you have to meat and fight Rakkman
the_rakkman_by_ponyraptor-d5jg200.jpg

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
The names of the canon Duke Nukem games link to their numbered order.
Duke Nukem
Duke Nukem 2
Duke Nukem Three D
Duke Nukem FOURever
Wanna guess how the fifth one is gonna link up?

The First Person Shooter genre is pretty much repeating it's history.
Every first person shooter fan knows that Wolfenstien 3D started it, Doom popularized it, Duke Nukem 3D perfected it and Half Life modernized it.
Now after a long time of bland and copy & paste shoooters, Wolfenstien The New Order started something refreshing and now Doom is returning to the glory days of maze mapped shooters with full weapon inventories, health pick ups and all that is great about classic FPSs while modern shooters are showing their age, all that needs to happen is for Gearbox to revitalize the Duke and then Valve just may finally be able to count to 3.
Also a good thing to add is Ash vs Evil Dead is coming, so Duke will have plenty of oneliners to steal from Bruce Campbell again.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
in Simpsons road rage (a really fun and over looked game BTW)
when you played the game on a Holiday (or used a cheat code remember those)
you can pick an alt costume for some characters
there is
  • Halloween Bart
hqdefault.jpg

• Thanksgiving Marge
hqdefault.jpg

• Christmas Apu
hqdefault.jpg

• and New Year's Krusty
hqdefault.jpg

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Just discovered this. In the Hearts of Stone expansion for The Witcher 3, there's a side quest where at one point you're stopped by 2 knights, and one of the dialogue options to get past them is to use the Axii Sign to charm them. If you choose that, Geralt will tell them to count to one hundred and let him pass. Well... once you get out of the dialogue, they will actually count to one hundred.

maxresdefault.jpg

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
In Batman Arkham City, Calender Man usually says the same stuff when you visit him about dogs coming to perch or about fathers day.

However, if you visit him on special days of the year (Christmas, Valentines, New Year) he says new dialogue.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
In Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, there's a funny ass dialogue if you grab a specific guard in a specific level (don't remember which).

50.jpg

Sam Fisher: Bad news.
Guard: I knew there were ninjas around here!
Sam: What?
Guard: Yeah you gotta be a ninja. How else could you sneak up and grab me like that?
Sam: Listen, I don't know what...
Guard: Wow! A real, live, ninja! I can't believe it!
Sam: Listen, I'm going to kill you if...
Guard: Wow, killed by a ninja... cool!

Sam didn't get any info from that guy.

Goldsickle

There seems to be some sort of "trend" where the second game in a series will have a brand new cast of characters and then focus returns back to the first game's story or characters in the third game.

Resident Evil
- The second game introduces a new cast, Leon & Claire as the protagonists, while Jill and Chris are absent. Jill returns in 3.

Silent Hill
- The second game focuses on James and his missing wife. What happens to Harry in the first game is finally explained and explored upon in the 3rd game.

Fatal Frame
- After Miku's adventures in the first game, she was brushed aside for Mio and Mayu in Fatal Frame 2. Miku returns in the 3rd game.

Onimusha
- Samanosuke disappears from the face of the earth after defeating Fortinbras in the first game. Second game introduces a new character, Jubei and his friends. Samanosuke returns in the 3rd game to settle things with Nobunaga.

If this was a Trope, I'd call it: "Absent In 2, Returns In 3".

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
That in almost all survival horror games there's more than ending usually between 2-6 with "the yay we've all made it out alive!" ending to the "my dads creepy clone brother captured me and impregnated me see he can be reborn while I go mentally insane" ending

Geralt ages like fine wine (΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)

Top Bottom