• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Funny little things we notice in video games

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
And to think he's nearly one century old.
tumblr_inline_o5lqwr9z8j1sm87ln_540.jpg
tumblr_nod2wyoUQ81rmfzd9o2_540.gif

╭( ・ㅂ・)و Just little things we notice

berto

I Saw the Devil
That in almost all survival horror games there's more than ending usually between 2-6 with "the yay we've all made it out alive!" ending to the "my dads creepy clone brother captured me and impregnated me see he can be reborn while I go mentally insane" ending
Haunting Ground?

Anyway, how about an anecdote.

Years ago, when I was a young lad, I was at a game store playing a demo and I was loving the game. There was a scene where he got saved by an older girl and the dialogue choices were brilliant, specifically one where been love struck you can ask for her measurements. I thought that game was one called Musashi but I remember ti couldn't be because Musashi was on the PS1. After passively remembering to look it up with no success I gave up.

While doing research on the video series I'm working on I came across a bunch of games I never played that I thought I give a try, like Rhapsody A Musical Adventure, Radiant Historia, White Knight Chronicles 1+2, Radiata Stories, Okage: Shadow King, and Kartia: The Word of Fate, and so on and so on. Well, Okage became available on the PS4 just recently and I thought hell to the yeah, game's only $7 as opposed to the $30 tag on amazon. Well, wouldn't you know it this was that game I played all those years ago and I couldn't find. It's funny how things turn out.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Haunting Ground?
Ding Ding!! Right! It's a pretty unforgettable bad ending for a a survival horror game, a shame it's apparently become somewhat rare, without a psn release. And thats a heartwarming story :) the ps2 has some of the most bizarre fun games for any console, I've seen Okage but I never got to play it from what you described it kinda reminded me of Chulip even though I know they're nothing alike.

berto

I Saw the Devil
It's a pretty unforgettable bad ending for a a survival horror game, a shame it's apparently become somewhat rare, without a psn release.
That's what you get for been abusive to your dog. Literally, if you're mean to the dog too many times you get the bad ending.

And thats a heartwarming story :) the ps2 has some of the most bizarre fun games for any console, I've seen Okage but I never got to play it from what you described it kinda reminded me of Chulip even though I know they're nothing alike.
Chulip is actually from Punchline who made one of the other 3 rare PS2 survival horror, Rule of Rose. Quite the departure from Chulip, from what I hear.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
That's what you get for been abusive to your dog. Literally, if you're mean to the dog too many times you get the bad ending.

Chulip is actually from Punchline who made one of the other 3 rare PS2 survival horror, Rule of Rose. Quite the departure from Chulip, from what I hear.

Yeah I could never abuse Hewie I always hated when bosses would hurt him he doesn't deserve it :'((
And wow I never knew Chulips developer made Rule of Rose too, I own both and I never made the connection. Rule of Rose was super too bad the gameplay really hampers such a great game

Last edited:

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Always have Hewie attack the bosses from behind.
He will never get any retaliation damage.
Really? It's been a couple years since I've truly played it all the way through. Hewie would always end up infront of them when I played :/ he never died though so thats good atleast.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah I could never abuse Hewie I always hated when bosses would hurt him he doesn't deserve it :'((
And wow I never knew Chulips developer made Rule of Rose too, I own both and I never made the connection. Rule of Rose was super too bad the gameplay really hampers such a great game
Rule of Rose and Chulip? And Haunting Ground? You got yourself some rare games there.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Rule of Rose and Chulip? And Haunting Ground? You got yourself some rare games there.
Thanks I was able to get most of them when Gamestop was cleaning house but stuff like Rule of Rose I nabbed for like I think 70 something bucks (on a side note I went to check what ebay has now and holy **** $150 and up jesus) I have a decent collection I'd love to share with people but I never get the chance
images

berto

I Saw the Devil
Thanks I was able to get most of them when Gamestop was cleaning house but stuff like Rule of Rose I nabbed for like I think 70 something bucks (on a side note I went to check what ebay has now and holy **** $150 and up jesus) I have a decent collection I'd love to share with people but I never get the chance
images
I owned Rule of Rose when it first came out. I've must've been one of 10 people who actually preordered it. I played it with a friend but before long I sold it back on one of those days when I finally didn't have enough money to get by. I finally own it again but it took me, literally, years to buy it again. I decided to get it when it was around $99 on average but I had to save my money for the holidays and right after they ended the game skyrocketed in price going up to $15o for the disc alone. I ended up putting a few dollars away for 3 years and waiting for a copy to be in decent enough condition if I was to spend all that money. I finally got it for around $190 in near mint condition.

After that I decided not to let that happen with Haunting Ground and Kuon but Kuon was featured in a games you haven't played video and it jumped in price from $100 to $160. I didn't want to have to wait till I had work again since I was working a seasonal job that paid well but didn't last. I made the sacrifice and bought them both.

By the way, a little more on topic, there is a PSN version for Haunting Ground but it's Japan only. It's one of those things every gamer knows, specially fans of Japanese IPs, so it's not really a little detailed we notice. Japan always gets preferential treatment. Books, special edition, physical releases, more than a few items of game memorabilia, the best covers, and who could forget the fact that they have an entire district dedicated to games and nerd media.

Goldsickle

Really? It's been a couple years since I've truly played it all the way through. Hewie would always end up infront of them when I played :/ he never died though so thats good atleast.
Command Hewie to go to his crouching/charging stance.
And then use yourself as bait to try and get the boss positioned in a way where Hewie will be behind them.

When the trajectory is right, command Hewie to attack.
You'll not only critically damage the boss, Hewie will not get any retaliation damage.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I owned Rule of Rose when it first came out. I've must've been one of 10 people who actually preordered it. I played it with a friend but before long I sold it back on one of those days when I finally didn't have enough money to get by. I finally own it again but it took me, literally, years to buy it again. I decided to get it when it was around $99 on average but I had to save my money for the holidays and right after they ended the game skyrocketed in price going up to $15o for the disc alone. I ended up putting a few dollars away for 3 years and waiting for a copy to be in decent enough condition if I was to spend all that money. I finally got it for around $190 in near mint condition.

After that I decided not to let that happen with Haunting Ground and Kuon but Kuon was featured in a games you haven't played video and it jumped in price from $100 to $160. I didn't want to have to wait till I had work again since I was working a seasonal job that paid well but didn't last. I made the sacrifice and bought them both.

By the way, a little more on topic, there is a PSN version for Haunting Ground but it's Japan only. It's one of those things every gamer knows, specially fans of Japanese IPs, so it's not really a little detailed we notice. Japan always gets preferential treatment. Books, special edition, physical releases, more than a few items of game memorabilia, the best covers, and who could forget the fact that they have an entire district dedicated to games and nerd media.
Daaaamn Kuon is one of the few I'm missing due to it being pricey back before I had a decent job, Clock Tower 3 as well not for being pricey I was just lazy at the time. Rule of Rose is a very interesting game I like to compare with Haunting Grounds but unlike that game the gameplay in Rule of Rose is atrocious. But yeah Japan gets crazy good stuff compared to over seas.
Command Hewie to go to his crouching/charging stance.
And then use yourself as bait to try and get the boss positioned in a way where Hewie will be behind them.

When the trajectory is right, command Hewie to attack.
You'll not only critically damage the boss, Hewie will not get any retaliation damage.
I never thought to try that, I'll keep that in mind if I ever try replaying Haunting Grounds, but if I replay that means dealing with the falling statue again and eugh thats such a hassle.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Can I just ask...what does this have to do with 'funny' things in videogames? I'm lost here.

Top Bottom