• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Full trailer for DMC4 SE

berto

I Saw the Devil
Honestly I felt the guns sounded very comically weak in DMC4. They didn't sound nor feel very powerful and felt more like recycled machine gun noises,
Ditto!

I don't know where they got the sound effect but I still want a return of the DMC1 sound effect, even if it's unrealistic or it happens to be real sound the gun would make.

GabrielXx

@DragonMaster2010 you could be right i have not played DMC4 very recently since i lost my PS3 controller a while back and i had to use my ps4 controller. the game just feels really slow now..i don't know but after really getting back into DMC3 everything in 4 just seems slower. i do know that E & I where at there best in DMC1 and i agree i do love a lot of stuff about DMC2 as well i still think that was the best Design for Dante and the Devil trigger was so freaking sweet in that one. the environments where just to freaking huge and a lot of the enemies where just bullet sponges like the Zombie Tank's and helicopter god i hate those things. i still have my old DMC2 ps2 system decals on my fat ps3 lol

Blade8513

Game looks so damn good, is there no way to get an English physical copy? I'm not too big on downloading games digitally unless that's the only way to get them.

berto

I Saw the Devil
There is contradiction on the new update for the page:

Activating Devil Trigger
The Devil Trigger Gauge will increase when you land an attack on an enemy or when you get hit by an enemy.

Losing Gauge
Getting hit by enemy attacks or running will cause the gauge to deplete. Missing attacks will also deplete the gauge, so you‘ll have to be efficient with your attacks during battle.

So if you take damage you lose concentration gage (ala Bayonetta) but you get DT gage increases. I kinda like it.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I only now hope that game on PC will allow some people woth older GFX cards to play , as mine only allow to DX 10 and Im concerned I i would runt it on Laptop. Other than I wait for game very much as I would want to replay DMC 4 again :)

Manuel Eduardo Koegler

Game looks so damn good, is there no way to get an English physical copy? I'm not too big on downloading games digitally unless that's the only way to get them.
The japanese physical release contains english voice over (no word on in-game text), so that'd be the way to get it, would have to import (just like me).

GabrielXx

oh Come on..there is a lot of Good news on the main site and DT looks great and OMG beowulf but..sigh Air Trick..using the freaking swords to teleport. :( how is that even going to work ? if you play Vergil like i do my right trigger is always moving because one of the best way's to get your style up is to spam summon swords while performing combos now if the single sword is embedded just due to you attacking them with summon swords that's cool but if i have to put in some odd combo to do it that's going to suck.

Last edited:

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Capcom, you just got my attention you lost before. If you really managed to form your "definitive" Vergil this well-thought, I can't wait to see what you did with Trish and Lady.
And of course I can't wait to hear Vergil's new taunts. It would be a real downer if they didn't bother much about taunts.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
oh Come on..there is a lot of Good news on the main site and DT looks great and OMG beowulf but..sigh Air Trick..using the freaking swords to teleport. :( how is that even going to work ? if you play Vergil like i do my right trigger is always moving because one of the best way's to get your style up is to spam summon swords while performing combos now if the single sword is embedded just due to you attacking them with summon swords that's cool but if i have to put in some odd combo to do it that's going to suck.

By "odd combo" do you mean that we would have to input like something like R1+Shoot+Jump (totally hypothetical)? It sorta seems like you literally just tap Shoot and embed the sword for tagging purposes, and then do an normal Air Trick input.

If I remember correctly, you didn't play Vergil's Downfall, right? There was something similar in that, too.

I'll use Angel Lift as the substitute for the classic Air Trick (because it pretty much is). Normally, you could hit L1+Shoot to throw a Summon Sword and teleport to the target after the sword hit it. Then, as you upgraded Vergil, your normal Summon Sword had the ability to embed in the enemy too, so you could cut down on the time Angel Lift took to shoot, tag, teleport by being able to shoot and tag earlier (like during a combo), and then you would just hit L1+Shoot to immediately teleport, having set up the first two phases earlier.

Given that 4V was said to have some mechanics inspired by mV, I can imagine that exact mechanic being implemented. I don't think you have much to worry about.

It also seems cool that in 4se you can tag multiple enemies and Trick back and forth between them. Seems like that will work well in keeping that Concentration gauge up. In fact, that embedding mechanic seems like it goes hand-in-hand with 4V's Concentration mechanic, because moving makes you lose meter, so teleporting with all the different Tricks will keep the meter while still allowing you to move about.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Ah, I s'pose that is a distinct difference, but yeah, walking can only get you so far, and you would end up losing Style trying to get somewhere, so hey, why not just Trick straight to an enemy, right?

Concentration is an interesting mechanic, to be sure, it seems like it replaces the concept of charging moves by holding in a button, making the potency of those moves dependent your ability to keep that meter up.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Ah, I s'pose that is a distinct difference, but yeah, walking can only get you so far, and you would end up losing Style trying to get somewhere, so hey, why not just Trick straight to an enemy, right?
There's pretty much no other "efficient" way to do that... so, I have to slightly tilt the analog stick if an enemy is out of range?

Ha. No. Looks like I'll have to stinger forward and teleport from there -- or just run and make up for it later. Still, it seems like a rather arbitrary punishment if you ask me.

Capcom should've just linked it to the style meter and used that as a starting point.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well, with Air Trick having a tagging system with Summon Swords, you can just Trick to enemies if you don't want to lose Concentration, and then start beating them up. I guess Concentration management isn't that big a deal unless you're going for a specific attack that only happens during high concentration.

Also - just a little sad they didn't call it "Motivation," instead.

Veloran

There's pretty much no other "efficient" way to do that... so, I have to slightly tilt the analog stick if an enemy is out of range?

Ha. No. Looks like I'll have to stinger forward and teleport from there -- or just run and make up for it later. Still, it seems like a rather arbitrary punishment if you ask me.

Capcom should've just linked it to the style meter and used that as a starting point.
Punishment?

Yeah, no. It's stylish as heck. I mean, do you remember Vergil ever running once in any of his boss fights? The whole thing was that he slowly stalked towards you.

GabrielXx

@TWOxACROSS L1 + shoot ? so is that Jump + shoot ? and ya i never played Vergil's downfall, i beat the main story about 5 times to unlock all of Dante's Moves but i sent it back to gamefly after that. i just Don't see why this should be used in combat in DMC3 it was just one button and that was circle, so what i meant by odd was Needlessly over complicated. i do agree that if just by the act of shooting the Summon Swords sticks them into an enemy that's fine, but from what you stated seems just like the whole Forward, forward input crap for Stinger. when i play Vergil in DMC3 i never run i just use the teleport or the yamato and if i am using manual lock-on why would i mark an enemy just to teleport to them ?.

Top Bottom