• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

FPS

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
ok, i really need some help, i am UBER bored with my games that i have(mostly unreal) and i am looking for some new games, i like first person shooters, and RPG, can people give me some ideas as to what i can play
here is a list of games i own
UT series(pretty much completed so dont mention)
DMC series (got all of em apart from DMC4, dont mention again
FFVII dirge of cerberus
painkiller*
red steel
primal*
F.E.A.R.*

*=havent played enough to know the gmae

consoles i can play on
PC(with DVD rom)
WII
game cube
PS2
PS1
GBA
DS

thanks guys hope u can help =]

Janny

Dines with dementia
If you want a good FPS give BioShock a try. I'm not a big FPS fan (the camera makes me dizzy), but if you want to play RPGs try Baldur's Gate II, Diablo 1 & 2, Morrowind, Oblivion.
Some games I've heard are good: Fallout, Fable... it's about all I can't think of right now...
Good luck beating boredom!

Dark Drakan

Admin
How good is your PC? (specs wise)

Run this tool to see what you can run:

System Requirements Lab

Id highly recommend COD 4 as the game that will run on most Mid-Range PC's. However games like Crysis and Bioshock id also recommend for people with High End PC's. Mass Effect (RPG) will be out for PC in May too.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Vauxchen;67506 said:
well ATM this PC wont run UT3 lol, but in a few weeks when ebay sends back my new parts, i will have this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AM2-64-BIT-5200-X2-DUAL-CORE-2GB-DDR2-nVidia-Bundle_W0QQitemZ300189439004QQihZ020QQcategoryZ131514QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
and then 500GB of HDD, when i get my new OS, but until then i will be running windows XP, and i also have a DVD ROM, anything else you need to know just ask

Should be able to run most games on that id have thought. Just GFX card id need to know then.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
its a built in NVidia GeForce 7050
i looked at some reviews for bioshock but they didnt look too positive cuz it had quite alot of bugs apparently

Dark Drakan

Admin
Vauxchen;67856 said:
its a built in NVidia GeForce 7050
i looked at some reviews for bioshock but they didnt look too positive cuz it had quite alot of bugs apparently

Bioshock got the game of the year award and the 2nd highest metacritic rating in games history. Meaning more than 50 reviews have averaged out to a score of 96 out of 100 on Metacritic, giving it a "Universal Acclaim" rating on the site. I havent heard of any bugs at all and havent seen any either.

2K Games announced today that BioShock has become an all-time top ranked Xbox 360 game and the year's highest ranked game across all console platforms on Metacritic.com. Additionally, the demo set record as fastest title to surpass 1 million downloads on Xbox Live.

Was also nominated for a record 12 awards at this years Interactive Achievement Awards.

Bioshock Breaks Records - CVG.com

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
wow, thats cool as in 2 weeks when i get paid im gona buy it, if i have enough left over from pre-ordering super smash bro's brawl and assasins creed for PC

Dark Drakan

Admin
Vauxchen;67903 said:
wow, thats cool as in 2 weeks when i get paid im gona buy it, if i have enough left over from pre-ordering super smash bro's brawl and assasins creed for PC

Im quite sure you wont be disappointed, there is no multiplayer however (just to note).

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
well being me, with no friends that play PC games, i dont really mind, il just play all night in my room without my mum knowing XD

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
well i dont like many FPS for the PS2 because you have to control the camera and the player, i only put it on just in case and also i know that DMC is 3rd person but i still like it, i was just wondering if there were any good FPS because i like them

Sephiroxas

|Photoshop Guru|
Premium
I don't see Bioshock on your list. So you should def get that game. Very fun time, especially if you like FPS's.
Umbrella Chronicles is supposed to be pretty good. And since you have Red Steel. You could get UC.
You could get some old games too if you've never tried them before. Battlefront, Resident evil 4. too many suggestions for me to think up.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
nto resident evil, not after last time i played it, i had a friend over and i was playing RE for the GC and i had never played it before, and what did he do, made me freak out when i had just started and saw the zombie, i hated him for a week lol

Sephiroxas

|Photoshop Guru|
Premium
Vauxchen;67951 said:
nto resident evil, not after last time i played it, i had a friend over and i was playing RE for the GC and i had never played it before, and what did he do, made me freak out when i had just started and saw the zombie, i hated him for a week lol
Awww. But Resident Evil 4's like the only OVER THE SHOULDER CAMERA TPS in the series. :(

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
sorry but i prefer more of a FPS rathre than an FPS/horror becasue i will be playing the games at about 8-11 at night, in my room, alone and i doubt that i would sleep easy but my main reason for not wanting a horror is that its kinda predictable there is a zombie in there, ghosts in there, and some kind of banshee in there, you can usually tell where things are and i prefer FPS so i can play CTF but i dont mind a good storyline

Dark Drakan

Admin
Vauxchen;68378 said:
sorry but i prefer more of a FPS rathre than an FPS/horror becasue i will be playing the games at about 8-11 at night, in my room, alone and i doubt that i would sleep easy but my main reason for not wanting a horror is that its kinda predictable there is a zombie in there, ghosts in there, and some kind of banshee in there, you can usually tell where things are and i prefer FPS so i can play CTF but i dont mind a good storyline

Bioshock has an excellent story and 2 endings. ^_^

Guess it could be creepy to some people, parts might make you jump, and its gory but wouldnt say its a horror as such.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
i dont mind gore, but i like the idea of 2 endings, when i have the money and my PC(if it comes back) then i will buy it most likely

Dark Drakan

Admin
Vauxchen;68425 said:
i dont mind gore, but i like the idea of 2 endings, when i have the money and my PC(if it comes back) then i will buy it most likely

Its not gore in the sense of blowing peoples limbs off or shooting people and having lots of blood. Its more the fact of the theme of the game and corpses on the floor with scissors stuck in them and corpses nailed to walls and such thats all.

Sephiroxas

|Photoshop Guru|
Premium
Well if you're going to buy Bioshock, That has more Gore and Horror than Resident evil 4. Resident Evil 4 isn't even really that Scary. Like I said, Bioshock has more on edge crap.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
RE you cant really tell whats happening whereas FPS like bioshock are run around stay alive and shoot, and its not as scary when your playing in the middle of the night with your friend that likes to scare you lol

Top Bottom