• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

For all the VergilxKat fans out there.

Are you a VergilxKat Fan?

• Total voters

Mandy Cheung

Mszeta006
So do you think Kat is actually a couple with Dante by the end of DmC or just friends? I want to say that Dante is the one with the crush and she doesn't see him in that light but that can just be me being biased.

Edit: and l lol'd at Sephiroth jumping into the mix. I used to have a crush on that white haired mama's boy also....:ermm: I better stop typing before I embarrass myself too much.......to late..

While Dante tries to kiss Kat, the flashbacks of Vergil come to her(for the same face kissed her before). She worries about Vergil and decides to search for him, leaving Dante alone. :troll:

Onecrazymonkey1

While Dante tries to kiss Kat, the flashbacks of Vergil come to her. She worries about Vergil and go to search for him, leaving Dante alone. :troll:
I like you. I swear this better happen exactly like this in a sequel! I'd laugh so hard; it's the perfect troll move on Dante. Or she can get flashbacks of Vergil while they're hitting the hay and scream out Vergils' name.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
This might be off topic, or been mentioned before, but apparently there's a light manga of Vergil x Kat before the game floating around out there somewhere. SOMEBODY PLEASE FINDZ TEH PRECIOUS!!!!!

Onecrazymonkey1

Until the new Lady shows up. (DantexLady and VergilxKat FTW!)

Yes! Thank you! they need to bring lady in ASAP! Does anyone want lady to look similar or completely different? I'm hoping for something drastic with her even though I loved her design in 3.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
So do you think Kat is actually a couple with Dante by the end of DmC or just friends?

As much as I ship VxK, I think that DxK is the most probable pairing after what happened.:'(
I even thought that she may turn to Dante as some sort of "consolation" over Vergli's betrayal... Like she unconsciously uses Dante as a substiute for his brother, even if she doesen't realize it.
So, I'm waiting for Vergil to regain his wits, regain his memories about what happened between him and Kat, and then going back to take back what is his...

Edit: and l lol'd at Sephiroth jumping into the mix. I used to have a crush on that white haired mama's boy also....:ermm: I better stop typing before I embarrass myself too much.......to late..
Ok, listen now, girl :p : you served me that Sephiroth joke on a silver platter... having been a Sephiroth fangirl myself :blush: (but I decided I prefer Vergil over him... sorry Seph!), all that talk about mothers could only point me in that direction!

Kat: Really? "Super Prince Poopy Pants?"

DmC Vergil: (to Dante) Why didn't you kill me?
Dante: Just being evil...

This might be off topic, or been mentioned before, but apparently there's a light manga of Vergil x Kat before the game floating around out there somewhere. SOMEBODY PLEASE FINDZ TEH PRECIOUS!!!!!
It's called The Chronicles of Vergil, that's where I took the Vergil "groping" Kat pic from. I found it on comiXology, here's the link: http://www.comixology.com/DMC-Devil-May-Cry/comics-series/9892
Edit: since it's technically a prequel, it's almost canon. :blink::w00t: MUCH MORE than DxK! I was shocked when I found it.

Onecrazymonkey1

As much as I ship VxK, I think that DxK is the most probable pairing after what happened.:'(
I even thought that she may turn to Dante as some sort of "consolation" over Vergli's betrayal... Like she unconsciously uses Dante as a substiute for his brother, even if she doesen't realize it.
So, I'm waiting for Vergil to regain his wits, regain his memories about what happened between him and Kat, and then going back to take back what is his...

Yeah, I kind of have that feeling as well sadly but I just look for excuses :p.
You know, it's really funny but no matter who I ship in a series it always turns out to be the exact opposite; I think I'm cursed -_- . Honestly I hope Dante realizes that he's just sloppy seconds anyway.

Ok, listen now, girl :p : you served me that Sephiroth joke on a silver platter... having been a Sephiroth fangirl myself :blush: (but I decided I prefer Vergil over him... sorry Seph!), all that talk about mothers could only point me in that direction!

lol I prefer Vergil also, he's sexier fo sho and more sane...I think....:ermm:

LysseC

Yeah, I kind of have that feeling as well sadly but I just look for excuses :p.
You know, it's really funny but no matter who I ship in a series it always turns out to be the exact opposite; I think I'm cursed -_- . Honestly I hope Dante realizes that he's just sloppy seconds anyway.
You don't say... It's just terrible. That's why I decided that the Chronicles of Vergil is my newfound Bible...;) I think it's considered canon by many, and this is much more than what Dante gets in the game from Kat...
And excuses are the best way to cope with cruel scriptwriters who never support our tastes.:p

ChibiVerg

Vergil: Small and Cute.
This thread is too entertaining for it's own good xD

Honestly, I'm more of a Zack Fair or Reno Fanboy. But that's just me. *cue bomb scene with Reno and Rude*

BUT BACK ON TOPIC:

By the end of the game I'm kinda hoping it really is just Dante having the hots for Kat and Kat going "oh erm.. just thought we were friends.. awkward...". But I don't mind if Kat uses Dante as some sort of substitute for Vergil. But in reality I don't think that is very in character of her to do so. Though it would be pretty troll if they were going to kiss and all Kat could think about was her Kiss with Vergil. Alas... she doesn't remember that kiss... or shes not suppose to remember it.

Who knows maybe NT will make DxK cannon and have Vergil some how jealous for no apparent reason. OR have Vergil mock them going "I'm not surprised brother, you've fallen for a mere human. The same weakness that killed our parents has manifested into you! YOU ARE WEAK! NOW DIE BROTHER!"

Onecrazymonkey1

Honestly, I'm more of a Zack Fair or Reno Fanboy. But that's just me. *cue bomb scene with Reno and Rude*

Reno is adorable lol.

BUT BACK ON TOPIC:

By the end of the game I'm kinda hoping it really is just Dante having the hots for Kat and Kat going "oh erm.. just thought we were friends.. awkward...".

I would probably be embarrassed for Dante if that happened, maybe I'm too hard on the guy.

But I don't mind if Kat uses Dante as some sort of substitute for Vergil. But in reality I don't think that is very in character of her to do so. Though it would be pretty troll if they were going to kiss and all Kat could think about was her Kiss with Vergil. Alas... she doesn't remember that kiss... or shes not suppose to remember it.

But Dante is Vergil's twin so maybe his kiss can break the spell of her foggy memory. I don't want her to use Dante maliciously to ease her pain. I think Kat is pretty sweet and wouldn't try to hurt him intentionally.

Who knows maybe NT will make DxK cannon and have Vergil some how jealous for no apparent reason. OR have Vergil mock them going "I'm not surprised brother, you've fallen for a mere human. The same weakness that killed our parents has manifested into you! YOU ARE WEAK! NOW DIE BROTHER!

I would rather have Vergil be jealous and still be in love with Kat, because I'm just trying to figure out why Vergil thinks he's superior in DmC? I think that's what NT is going for but it confuses me. I can understand that classic Vergil hated his human side because he felt it made him weak but this Vergil is half angel so what's his excuse? The comic shows that he could love a human so why all of a sudden in DmC his personality changed into thinking he was better than everyone else? I'm going to be pondering this for a while :/.

"

LysseC

BUT BACK ON TOPIC:

By the end of the game I'm kinda hoping it really is just Dante having the hots for Kat and Kat going "oh erm.. just thought we were friends.. awkward...". But I don't mind if Kat uses Dante as some sort of substitute for Vergil. But in reality I don't think that is very in character of her to do so. Though it would be pretty troll if they were going to kiss and all Kat could think about was her Kiss with Vergil. Alas... she doesn't remember that kiss... or shes not suppose to remember it.

Who knows maybe NT will make DxK cannon and have Vergil some how jealous for no apparent reason. OR have Vergil mock them going "I'm not surprised brother, you've fallen for a mere human. The same weakness that killed our parents has manifested into you! YOU ARE WEAK! NOW DIE BROTHER!"
Zack Fair is too funny for his own good... :p But if I have to fawn over someone, Sephiroth and Genesis are better candidates. And Vergil is on top of the list.

As for sweet kitty Kat using Dante... Well, she probably wouldn't do that CONSCIOUSLY, but I think it possible for her to do that without even realizing it, and honestly believing she loves him.
But on the long run, something would happen that makes her realize the truth about her feelings (the idea of her calling Vergil's name while she and Dante are at it is just too enthralling... :troll:
(It's not that I hate Dante in general, I just hate him for getting in the way of VxK...)

LysseC

I would rather have Vergil be jealous and still be in love with Kat, because I'm just trying to figure out why Vergil thinks he's superior in DmC? I think that's what NT is going for but it confuses me. I can understand that classic Vergil hated his human side because he felt it made him weak but this Vergil is half angel so what's his excuse? The comic shows that he could love a human so why all of a sudden in DmC his personality changed into thinking he was better than everyone else? I'm going to be pondering this for a while .
There are some things about Vergil I will never understand. This is one of those things for sure.
I don't remember who suggested it first, but surely the "Vergil is bipolar" theory is the one that makes most sense.
He probably thinks he's superior to humans because he's nephilim, and that is, well, more logical, in the sense that his claim may be supported by facts (he is of a different race altogether), while Classic Vergil's claim is biased: the fact that he rejects his humanity, although understandable in the light of his traumatic past, is just him being in denial of a part of himself. This Vergil, though, is not denying denying his humanity, because, well, he has none (he's right in saying Dante "you're not human, and you never will be": this time, is Dante who is in denial).
That said, it is however possible for him to love a human, if we interpret his view on humans as that of a "loving parent" or something like that. Having read the comic, I'm under the impression that his feelings for Kat start blooming only in the moment Kat does something that he recognizes as very brave and smart: this makes him see her in a different light.

ChibiVerg

Vergil: Small and Cute.
I would still feel so bad for Dante if she yelled out Vergil's name. That's worse than a kick below a belt. Poor guy :ermm:.

I agree with LysseC on how Vergil probably started to feel attached to Kat when she showed him that humans can do brave and smart things. But I think the most important lesson Kat could teach either Vergil or Dante is that we humans just won't give up that easily. We can also be extremely loyal or back stab you too. However it's hard to judge if Vergil saw that far into humans due to his weird change in the game.

LysseC

I would still feel so bad for Dante if she yelled out Vergil's name. That's worse than a kick below a belt. Poor guy :ermm:.

I agree with LysseC on how Vergil probably started to feel attached to Kat when she showed him that humans can do brave and smart things. But I think the most important lesson Kat could teach either Vergil or Dante is that we humans just won't give up that easily. We can also be extremely loyal or back stab you too. However it's hard to judge if Vergil saw that far into humans due to his weird change in the game.
Yeah, it would be really really bad. Dante doesn't truly deserve it. I was being cruel to the poor man, erm, nephilim. (It's just my fangirl side hating him for the co**block we were talking about some days ago. :p Not really honourable of me.)
And yes, when it comes to these topics, what we are shown in the game can be really frustrating. We always end up saying that, lol.

Onecrazymonkey1

Yeah, it would be really really bad. Dante doesn't truly deserve it. I was being cruel to the poor man, erm, nephilim. (It's just my fangirl side hating him for the co**block we were talking about some days ago. :p Not really honourable of me.)
And yes, when it comes to these topics, what we are shown in the game can be really frustrating. We always end up saying that, lol.
I still like Dante and he doesn't deserve the **** I throw at him but I find it funny and love Vergil and Kat together so much I just can't help it... Beside don't worry about being honorable....case in point- Do you watch game of thrones LyssC? The end of this clip is funny to me hehe but I'm slightly evil so....:devil:

sorry Dante.... :(

I don't remember who suggested it first, but surely the "Vergil is bipolar" theory.
Yours truly :troll:

He probably thinks he's superior to humans because he's nephilim, and that is, well, more logical, in the sense that his claim may be supported by facts (he is of a different race altogether),

Yeah I can see that but I feel it just makes them different not superior. I just wish NT didn't make it like this because it makes him pretty arrogant in that respect, considering neither him or Dante would have got anywhere without Kat (I still love him though, I can't help it lol).

That said, it is however possible for him to love a human, if we interpret his view on humans as that of a "loving parent" or something like that. Having read the comic, I'm under the impression that his feelings for Kat start blooming only in the moment Kat does something that he recognizes as very brave and smart: this makes him see her in a different light.

I agree with this but it almost seems like he didn't even want to acknowledge her at the end, he should have felt that way the whole game. I would have liked for him to feel superior and when Dante asked what about Kat Vergil could have said something along the lines of her being different or that she proved herself. I think what really happened at the end was that Vergil slipped off his meds :troll:

Oh I just want to say Thank you ChibiVerg for making this thread lol.

LysseC

Oh I just want to say Thank you ChibiVerg for making this thread lol.
All hail ChibiVerg for this... You made my life better.

Beside don't worry about being honorable....case in point- Do you watch game of thrones LyssC? The end of this clip is funny to me hehe but I'm slightly evil so....:devil:
Chapeau. Bronn is just perfect, here.
And I love Game of Thrones too! I'm counting days for the beginning of the third season!!

As for how Vergil behaves in those last custscenes, well, I'll just go with this:
He truly seems to feel superior to humans, but that doesen't mean he could change his mind in time. I'd really like to see Kat making realize that humans are not that bad, by being strong, just like it happened in the comic. But then again, I think that this could only be achieved in time (and they would have plenty, after all they are just in their twenties... they have still room for maturing).

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
You know, we keep talking about Vergil going good because of Kat, but what about the other way around?

Kat going darkside and becoming Vergil's queen, with all the perks that come with it.

It's a possibility.

LysseC

You know, we keep talking about Vergil going good because of Kat, but what about the other way around?

Kat going darkside and becoming Vergil's queen, with all the perks that come with it.

It's a possibility.
DmC Vergil: Kat, come to the dark side, we have cookies...
DmC Dante: You have pizza?
DmC Vergil: Yeah.
Classic Dante: ...And strawberry sundae?
DmC Vergil: Yep.
*And suddenly, the Devil May Cry series is robbed of its hero and rebooted hero...*:troll:

Seriously, though, that would be interesting to see!

Onecrazymonkey1

DmC Vergil: Kat, come to the dark side, we have cookies...
DmC Dante: You have pizza?
DmC Vergil: Yeah.
Classic Dante: ...And strawberry sundae?
DmC Vergil: Yep.
*And suddenly, the Devil May Cry series is robbed of its hero and rebooted hero...*:troll:

Seriously, though, that would be interesting to see!

If they all teamed up than they would teach the fan base that it's not impossible to get along lol.:troll:

Top Bottom