• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

First 4 Figures of Classic Dante & Vergil Incoming

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
First 4 Figures, the company behind projects like this jaw-dropping colossus are crafting statues of DMC3 Dante and Vergil. http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=151249

...which I expect many of you should be happy about. Me, I'm just waiting for that Star Fox Arwing Statue they've been teasing (for obvious reasons).

1441387_10152995511386732_8075931619032627418_n.jpg

11055404_10153024552011732_2897729705029556708_n.jpg

11896169_10153112912121732_2391435492463488539_n.jpg

11960258_10153136736406732_6545659908777314935_n.jpg

WolfOD64

Meh. I'm not all that excited for it.
I was excited until I found out which Dante it was.

Then I threw up in my mouth, as I often do when I see the hellish combination of that K-Pop hair and smug grin, and thanked the gods I still have that DMC1 Dante figure from NECA.

So, yeah, there's....that.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I was excited until I found out which Dante it was.

Then I threw up in my mouth, as I often do when I see the hellish combination of that K-Pop hair and smug grin, and thanked the gods I still have that DMC1 Dante figure from NECA.

So, yeah, there's....that.
I'm still waiting for a proper DMC2 figure....
or you know a DmC new Dante figure

berto

I Saw the Devil
Ok, and with that I need you both to end this conversation and leave it alone, kindly. It never ends well and it's the thread that pays for it.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
People just need to stop bashing here altogether. ''Then I threw up in my mouth, as I often do when I see the hellish combination of that K-Pop hair etc etc''
Just stop. It really feels like you're trying to get people mad or luring people into a conversation that'll always end with insults, because that part of your comment really serves no purpose otherwise. I know you like DMC1 Dante, but he's no less generically anime-ish than DMC3 Dante is, and his hair style is almost exactly the same. Just because DMC3 Dante is young and has long hair, that doesn't automatically connect him to k-pop. And even if it did, I don't see how DMC1 or DMC2 Dante are so incredibly much more tolerable.

Doesn't matter in the end... you and Innsmouth both just need to stop. I would hope the moderators see that too.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I know you like DMC1 Dante, but he's no less generically anime-ish than DMC3 Dante is, and his hair style is almost exactly the same. Just because DMC3 Dante is young and has long hair, that doesn't automatically connect him to k-pop. And even if it did, I don't see how DMC1 or DMC2 Dante are so incredibly much more tolerable.

Boom, baited.

If we're lucky Wolf will ignore this and will not respond with one of his usual sarcastic comments.

But maybe luck can be helped... hey @WolfOD64 don't respond to that or I'll rip not only your spine, but also every single piece of hair of your fur off your body! Got it?

WolfOD64

People just need to stop bashing here altogether. ''Then I threw up in my mouth, as I often do when I see the hellish combination of that K-Pop hair etc etc''
Just stop. It really feels like you're trying to get people mad or luring people into a conversation that'll always end with insults, because that part of your comment really serves no purpose otherwise. I know you like DMC1 Dante, but he's no less generically anime-ish than DMC3 Dante is, and his hair style is almost exactly the same. Just because DMC3 Dante is young and has long hair, that doesn't automatically connect him to k-pop. And even if it did, I don't see how DMC1 or DMC2 Dante are so incredibly much more tolerable.

Doesn't matter in the end... you and Innsmouth both just need to stop. I would hope the moderators see that too.
If I wanted to exhume baseless hatred on DMC3 Dante, I probably would've mentioned it in the topic post.

Me not liking that design isn't some kind of secret. I've made mention of it many times, and have also repeatedly said how I like essentially every design for the character except for that one. I'm not going to go in and explain why, and I'm also not going to bother detailing the epiphany on why him having "K-Pop hair" has nothing to do with him being "generically anime-ish" (if any design feeds an anime stereotype, it would definitely be the bara one from DMC4, which I actually like), so it isn't hatred of things Japanese, as you probably want it to be.

My opinion isn't about to change, and my need to express it isn't about to either. Anyone is free to contest or disagree if they should, and I welcome any chance for them to do so...but I'm not about to censor that opinion just to make sure certain individuals don't throw a skirt over their heads in a butt-hurt frenzy.

Dante isn't some idol or precious deity free from any kind of criticism, especially with so many incarnations of him. The sooner people come to that conclusion, the less forum wars we'll have.

WolfOD64

Boom, baited.

If we're lucky Wolf will ignore this and will not respond with one of his usual sarcastic comments.

But maybe luck can be helped... hey @WolfOD64 don't respond to that or I'll rip not only your spine, but also every single piece of hair of your fur off your body! Got it?
@berto put a stop to it, but some people don't want to stop. That isn't something that can be help.

Proceed with the spine-ripping if you must....(I've lost an eye already :grumpy:)...

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I just want to see something different from what we always get. I loved that we got a DMC1 figure, but all I've ever been seeing when it comes to figures of Devil May Cry is DMC3 Dante and DMC3 Vergil. Not really knocking these new figures cause they ARE cool looking, I gotta admit now that I really look at them, but I'd also like to see different figures then JUST DMC3 Dante and Vergil all the time.

Is it really too much to ask for a DMC2 or DmC Dante and Vergil figures?

Top Bottom