• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

female dante ?

would a female protagonist work ?

• yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

chubbz98

im a grown man Afraid to play dmc 1 at night
this is something that just came to mind recently, what if capcom made a spin off title with an alternate universe were Dante was a woman (obviously with a different name of course) do you think the character would work as a main protagonist without falling into the category of a bayonetta rip off and still retaining the charm of male Dante ?

Viper

Premium
There is a female version of Dante. She has black hair, glasses and wears black leather of her own hair and guns on heels.
Bayonetta ain't Dante, her game just gives the overall feel of DMC4, only more... silly? She is like a slutty magical girl with guns, whereas what OP had in mind was action man with boobs and other bits.

Reactions: Gel

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Bayonetta ain't Dante, her game just gives the overall feel of DMC4, only more... silly? She is like a slutty magical girl with guns, whereas what OP had in mind was action man with boobs and other bits.

an action man with boobs

Meg

Please no. Let us play as Lady or Trish. Or make a new female demon hunter with a new backstory and weapons. I think a DMC game staring a woman would be great, but do it right. Make a new character who isn't just a female Dante. Give her her own character: her own charm. Give her different weapons too. I think it's important to have that mix of swords and guns, but that doesn't mean a new character would have to have a broadsword and dual pistols. A spear would be pretty badass.

Remember Nero? He was a new character who was basically Dante again but with way less weapons and move set. And not as funny or entertaining to watch. Boo.

Don't do that. If you're going to make something new, then make it NEW.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Please no. Let us play as Lady or Trish. Or make a new female demon hunter with a new backstory and weapons. I think a DMC game staring a woman would be great, but do it right. Make a new character who isn't just a female Dante. Give her her own character: her own charm. Give her different weapons too. I think it's important to have that mix of swords and guns, but that doesn't mean a new character would have to have a broadsword and dual pistols. A spear would be pretty badass.

Remember Nero? He was a new character who was basically Dante again but with way less weapons and move set. And not as funny or entertaining to watch. Boo.

Don't do that. If you're going to make something new, then make it NEW.

His taunts are generally better than Dante's though xD

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Only if this theoretical spin-off makes femDante and real Dante fight side by side against a demon horde. That would be a sight to see.
Then again, I'd prefer a Bayonetta & DMC spin-off rather than a genderbender one.

berto

I Saw the Devil
If Dante was a woman he wouldn't be called Dante and he wouldn't be so... masculine. She might not be identical but identical is not what you'd get with a woman, that'd be butch, just like a male Bayonetta would be pretty gay.

Top Bottom