• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Feats you'd like to see in a sequel

Gray Knight

In the past he did regenerate from trying to see his physical heart, and vergil did get impaled at the end of the game and it effected him greatly. I don't want to see the whole really strong regeneration thing unless they establish some set of limitations on these guys. They are getting stronger, and we tend not to care about them being ridiculously powerful looking with how stylish they fight, I figure limiting the regeneration would add in some tension narratively.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
In the past he did regenerate from trying to see his physical heart, and vergil did get impaled at the end of the game and it effected him greatly. I don't want to see the whole really strong regeneration thing unless they establish some set of limitations on these guys. They are getting stronger, and we tend not to care about them being ridiculously powerful looking with how stylish they fight, I figure limiting the regeneration would add in some tension narratively.

Well, to be fair, once Dante turned back to normal the wound didn't seem to hurt as much. Similarly when Mundus tried to rip his heart out. The theory is that it's a mix of the physical energy and energy being constantly channeled into the wound to effect them

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I want to see Dante undergo some training to refine his skills. His raw technique might not be enough to face the enemies ahead like Fallen Vergil.

As a side note, I don't want the regeneration to be too OP like in previous games. You can have it be powerful, but at least let it be worn down after so much damage or something.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I wanna see Dante be anxious.

You know how in Iron Man 3 where Tony makes a whole bunch of contingency plans and precautions in case he ever gets attacked. And also he began to train in actual martial arts without the suit.

I want Dante to have something like that. Him setting up magic traps in the city with the help of Kat and create Limbo hot spots where he can trap demons there and take them out.
I also want him to know some martial arts too. Nothing fancy like chinese kenpo or wushu, or some bruce lee stuff. Just basic judo takedowns, UFC boxing, a little bit of amateur pencak silat. Learning some better swordsmenship and disarming skills as well. Some gun kata on the side too. Again, nothing masterful, but enough to keep himself and those around him safe.
I want his style of clothing to reflect his growth. I'm not saying full on classic Dante red leather, but just a bit of a step up from the grunge punk look he had the first game.

JPunxR

Devil Punter
Hmm, for ME, I would like to see his Devil Trigger get an actual demon form than just a red coat. Its not a gameplay problem(Well, besides the Definitive version fixing the floating enemies), but I would like to see his demon form shown in its glory just so it looks demonic. And since he has the angel blood in him, give him some a form that would roll with it.

I wished they fix the pistols to where they can damage at a decent amount. Ive never used it as im mostly using the Shotgun to damage enemies.

Hopefully he could give a good kick with his gauntlets. Minor nitpick but im just used to Beowulf/Gilgamesh's kick moves just to add being more Stylish!(or 'Sensation!' for DmC's matter)

Hmm, thats all I got for now anyways.

Reign

We've already seen him rip into himself. Seen him get torn into and seen him eat an entire boxcart with minimum damage.

He's got limits, but now that he's permanent Super Saiyan, I think he's on Vergil's level of resilience. If you don't remember, Vergil's durability was enough for him to survive being stabbed through with Rebellion. I would like for him to remain beatable, I don't want him running around yelling WAHOO and stuff because he can't die.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
humanity turning on Dante and him not caring because it is for their own good. Then lots of Demon hunting, other Demon hunters (lady) and small pockets of humans worshipping Sparda. The eventual ascension to heaven and what terrible things they are up too. Since the first game was about finding the right path, the sequel could be about angels watching Dante and pushing their right choice onto him, but the real choice would be to help humans in need. maybe a torchered Sparda, perhaps a jail break. Maybe the angels gave mundus the inside scoop where he was hiding, maybe we'll have to deal with that whole **** storm.

way more kung fu too

Gray Knight

An Angel Trigger Perhaps?
In all honesty it would have been cool to see instead of a Devil Trigger it was just Dante temporarily channeling Demonic Energy and Angelic Energy simultaneously and unlock greater personal power through that.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
An Angel Trigger Perhaps?
In all honesty it would have been cool to see instead of a Devil Trigger it was just Dante temporarily channeling Demonic Energy and Angelic Energy simultaneously and unlock greater personal power through that.

I never cares for the DT because it was so OP. if anything, they should just keep the hardcore mode DT and actually make it exactly like the previous games. maybe if Dante is in Angel and clicking DT he'll be in Angel form and vice versa. which should drain a huge chunk of DT gauge if you're switching different stances while Devil Triggered. Lots of new cosmetics for the DT and AT. I've been watching Gravity Rush and the different types of gravity look phenomenal, something I could see Dante switching in and out of.

Is there anything you would like to see Kat doing? Or was she just the girl invited to a DmC game like all the other girls?

Judge

Agree, make DT like it was in previous games. If they ever did a sequel, I don't think they will...

1. If they did, I would like to see a better DT. Don't give me a press to win button, give me something that slows down time, but I have to earn the chance to slow down time. For example in DMC2, the Chrono Heart would slow down time only when I hit an enemy. The effect would only last about 2 or 3 seconds, after that the effect wears off. Therefore you have to keep using your skill and your speed to trigger the time dilation effect. This is very similar to how time dilation works in Bayontta. So give me time dilation DT, but make it so I feel rewarded everytime I activate time dialtion so it feels like proper game mechanic rather than a win button.

2. Bring bank DMC3s' special super finishers. The finishers looked great, okay functionally they didn't work that well in DMC3, but get it right, like for example Bayonetta 2's awesome finishing moves, and the game would be nearly perfect. Maybe one of those finishing moves could also slice enemies in half (MGR), that would be a nice touch.

3. To make DmC perfect, and I mean perfect, you need to do the above points, but lastly you need to have a lot more moves in the game. I know we had most of the classics, but what about Shotgun Stinger (****ing awesome move), or Nero's Dive/Drop Kick.

The only final thing I can add is Parrying. I don't know if I sucked at Parrying, or if it was too risky to use it, but how about more use of the Parrying mechanic. Like for example what about a boss that can only be defeated by Parrying its attacks back at it. Like a dopplegangger mirror fight (DMC3). This is linked to point 3 really.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
@Judge[/USER]
I thought the parry system was good, even better in hardcore mode. it wasn't cheap like MGR either and you could parry almost everything.

I don't think finishers were ever needed in DmC or DMC. I think it worked in bayonetta but DmC just needed a more robust move set to remedy that.

I'm really digging your praise to DMC2. and speaking of shotguns, there should be the behind blind fire like DMC2 and also I prefer the two some time in DMC2 more than DMC3/4. I hate being stuck in a prone position. I want to switch through enemies via gun fire.

Judge

@Judge[/USER]
I thought the parry system was good, even better in hardcore mode. it wasn't cheap like MGR either and you could parry almost everything.

I don't think finishers were ever needed in DmC or DMC. I think it worked in bayonetta but DmC just needed a more robust move set to remedy that.

I'm really digging your praise to DMC2. and speaking of shotguns, there should be the behind blind fire like DMC2 and also I prefer the two some time in DMC2 more than DMC3/4. I hate being stuck in a prone position. I want to switch through enemies via gun fire.

Your logic is sound actually. DMC3s special moves were nice but hardly ever practial when it mattered, like on DMD mode.

If NT/Capcom could give us more moves the combat would be unstoppable.

I know what you meant with DMC2. The gsme had some good concepts. The main thing for me was how you could dodge roll Dante in any direction without holding the lock-on button. DMC3/DMC4 still had that redundant dodge roll.

I didn't mind DMC2. It was an okay game. Not good, but not bad either.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Your logic is sound actually. DMC3s special moves were nice but hardly ever practial when it mattered, like on DMD mode.

If NT/Capcom could give us more moves the combat would be unstoppable.

I know what you meant with DMC2. The gsme had some good concepts. The main thing for me was how you could dodge roll Dante in any direction without holding the lock-on button. DMC3/DMC4 still had that redundant dodge roll.

I didn't mind DMC2. It was an okay game. Not good, but not bad either.

With an expanded move set therhe should come a huge variety of enemy types. DMC 4 i think had the biggest of them all. And it was from left field enemies. DmC seems to be stuck in this grounded position and takes ricks only in level design. I want underground enemies, jumping enemies, flying through walls enemies, more sub bosses. Not to get off topic, but God of War had great enemy designs, if anything thats all it had.

Judge

With an expanded move set therhe should come a huge variety of enemy types. DMC 4 i think had the biggest of them all. And it was from left field enemies. DmC seems to be stuck in this grounded position and takes ricks only in level design. I want underground enemies, jumping enemies, flying through walls enemies, more sub bosses. Not to get off topic, but God of War had great enemy designs, if anything thats all it had.

I think each DMC game brought something new to the table, but unfortunately the best enemies are never reused. We each have our faviourites, but my faviourite were:

DMC1s' Shadows. What a fight that was. I was hoping to see them again for DmC, but we never got them.

DmC's enemies were okay to me. I liked the standard type enemies because you could do a lot of combos with them quite eaisly. You could get the hang of Parry with those enemies. I felt the Dreamrunners were as a lot of people say, the best of the lot. The witches wern't bad either.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
This is probably because I'm extremely excited for Logan, but I would like Dante to have a teenager (about 13 or so) to fight with him. Maybe it'd be DmC's version of Nero who was born from Dante banging a random woman a long time ago. Also, yes in my version of a DmC2, it takes place a few years in the future where Dante's in his early 30's. So now Dante has to watch over the kid and be a father to him.

Gray Knight

Looking at the weapons in DmC I notice that we don't really have too many elemental aspects to them. Sure the demonic weapons look kind of fiery but ther's no real burning effect from them.
This doesn't apply to the enemies as some use fire and frost via the colured enemies.
So in a sequel I'd like some elemental features overlapping with the angelic and demonic system. Also perhaps more neutral weapons?
In the first game we only had rebellion as our neutral option.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Sure the demonic weapons look kind of fiery but ther's no real burning effect from them.

Well I'd say Eryx has some fire going on for it.

06_screenshot014_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

Top Bottom