• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite Games of the Year So Far 2016

Meg

So now that we're at the halfway point, I thought I'd ask what everyone's favorite games have been so far this year. :happy: Also, what games are you still looking forward to? And do you have a prediction for GOYT? :eek:

Here's mine:

I have been very fortunate. I like every game I played so far, they are all great. But I'd say my top favorites are Trackmania Turbo, Ratchet and Clank, Samurai Warriors 4 Empires, Hard Reset Redux, and Kirby Planet Robobot.

For titles I'm looking forward to..........the two gams I was looking forward to the most both got pushed back to 2017. :banghead: THAT SAID! I'm excited for Trails of Cold Steel II, Watch Dogs 2, and I want another racing game so maybe MXGP 2 or the new MotoGP game. I'll decide eventually.

And as for my prediction for GOTY??? o_O Maybe Trails of Cold Steel II? Watch Dogs 2? Trackmania Turbo? I don't know, my predictions are always wrong.

------
What are your picks?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I haven't actually played anything from this year yet.

Either "Zero Time Dilemma" or "Persona 5" will probably be my 2016 GOTY, I'll tell you when I get to play them lol. :tongue:

Reactions: Meg

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Doom_Cover.jpg

Doom 4 has pretty much given me exactly what I've wanted from the FPS genre since.......well s**t......since Duke Nukem 3D!

Complex level design with key card and secret hunting, full focus on awesome old school gun combat, ultra level violence and little to no f**ks given about narrative or politics.

Doom 4 is simply a testosterone filled power fantasy with everything I love about classic shooters and pretty much nothing I hate about modern shooters, well except for the multiplayer and checkpoints.

I got 100% completion the other day and eagerly await the rumored Single Player DLC or even the pretty obvious sequel.

As for what I'm looking forward too.
shadow_warrior_2-6.jpg

This game is pretty much the one that will rival Doom 4 for best Shooter in 2016, I loved the original, loved the reboot and now I can't wait to see how the sequel to the reboot goes.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Mine are mostly remakes.
Odin Sphere
Gravity Rush
REØ
Republique
Nights of Azure

Clearly I want Persona 5 but FFXV us also coming and I can't be angry at that. Then there's Nier 2 and Gravity Rush 2. It's been a good year.

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
Pretty much the only one I've gotten so far:
Twilight Princess HD
Dark Souls 3
Resident Evil Zer0

The games I'm most looking forward to are Final Fantasy 15 and Titanfall 2.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Thinking about it, these types of lists are always tricky as you have to decide whether or not to include games that came out in different countries in different years, re-makes, HD collections etc. etc.

Meg

As for what I'm looking forward too.
shadow_warrior_2-6.jpg

This game is pretty much the one that will rival Doom 4 for best Shooter in 2016, I loved the original, loved the reboot and now I can't wait to see how the sequel to the reboot goes.

So I didn't know what Shadow Warrior was. I looked it up and oooooooooh man. I love Hard Reset Redux, and this is made by the same people. I might have to buy this. :eek::eek::eek:

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
I'm gonna have to say I'm really digging the Hitman reboot, especially it's episodic structure. It's something that fits the franchise, and also I'm loving how the story's progressing so far. Really keeps me guessing.

But yeah, I haven't been very active in regards to gaming mainly because there are few good things that came out in this first half. All the games I'm interested in will be coming up later on.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Odin Sphere, Layers of Fear, Dark Souls 3
Looking to NiOh, Persona V and Gravity Rush 2.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Well that's a hard one actually, I can't even remember if most of the games I played have released this year....
*goes checking*
Well most games I bought were older so I guess Oxenfree, Hyper Light Drifter and Stories: The Path of Destinies will have to do.

The only 2 games that will still release this year that I'm hyped for are The Dwarves releasing in Septembre (loved the Markus Heitz books. and Blind Guardian seems to do music for the game as well which is a big plus for me) and God Eater 2 which comes to Steam in August. Otherwise Tales of Berseria, which has me kinda hyped beyond anything esle for some reason.
I also want to play Dark Souls 3 but I ain't got the money for that currently (and I still haven't finished Dark Souls 2).

All in all it wasn't a good year for me in terms of gaming, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the industry has in store for us

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
of this year prettt much i like from released i love: RE 0 HD remake and Umbrella Corps ( please not hate me for this but MP of that game is fun actually) and from upcoming soon well: DEMD, FF XV.

Top Bottom