• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

F-bombs; What's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Australia's beef with games is ridiculous. It's like their government can't be bothered to just create an adult rating for them, so anything mature can't be sold.
IIRC, God of War 3 was released in Australia and it's one of the goriest games out there. Did they remove all the blood or something?

Agility

"Known"
The reason people hate it because now that's all they get from seeing Dante is him telling them "**** you."

Cause we ALL know he'll say it to their faces.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
IIRC, God of War 3 was released in Australia and it's one of the goriest games out there. Did they remove all the blood or something?

I don't know the exact details, but I heard that Australia has hitherto always censored dismemberment, which is why L4D got shredded for release there? GoW3 would have had that cut from it, I assume.

I don't think it's the blood that is the major issue to them, unlike in Germany where it has to be cut or made green or blue or something.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
How do you people always assume that cursing has anything to do with immaturity/maturity, it's not polite and it's a bad habit, but seriously - we all have bad habits, right?
To me Dante's actions speak louder than his words.

edit: otherwise I agree completely with you Masri :)

thanx, im just saying. we ALL go through a rebelious phase were we wear our hearts on our sleeve and swear like our life depends on it. we do it cause we dont care. im not saying hes immature BECAUSE he swears. im saying hes immature and thats ONE of the reasons he swears. its not a bad thing to just swear when approriate, like when your in a crazy limbo world where literaly EVERYTHING wants you to die slowly and painfully. its not appropriate when used to insult people who dont deserve it.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
In all fairness that demon said F-you first. Most people would respond with a F-you back or some vulgarity. Heck I think if a demon ever said F-you like Poison did I think the original Dante would've said F-you back since nobody cursed in the original DMC(except Nero) there was no need for Dante to curse. The only inappropriate F-you so far was when he wrote it on the list & even that was pretty funny due to how it was used. Actually that was the funniest thing I seen from DMC(second to Nero flipping off Dante). I usually never found the old Dante funny, awesome and cool, but rarely funny, he was pretty funny in DMC4 (not funny at all in DMC or DMC2) somewhat funny in DMC3(although most of his jokes had cheesy written all over them). I found Nero to be more funny but its mostly because of how his VA Johnny Young Bosch did well.

Zargus

Do you know how to install true FEAR?!
Premium
thanx, im just saying. we ALL go through a rebelious phase were we wear our hearts on our sleeve and swear like our life depends on it. we do it cause we dont care. im not saying hes immature BECAUSE he swears. im saying hes immature and thats ONE of the reasons he swears. its not a bad thing to just swear when approriate, like when your in a crazy limbo world where literaly EVERYTHING wants you to die slowly and painfully. its not appropriate when used to insult people who dont deserve it.

But Stephen Fry makes ANYTHING sound good. He just has a way with words. I mean just the way he says stuff like this:

"Would you be in any way offended if I said that you seem to me to be in every way the visible personification of absolute perfection?"

He got that from a film called The Importance of Being Earnest when Algernon says to Cecily that line but the way he says it is just.........I don't know but you could just listen to him for hours on end. This is the link to the video and the script on the bigthink website where Stephen Fry says this line:

http://bigthink.com/ideas/17867

I would rather have him in place of any show like Jersey Shore/Gordie Shore/The Only Way Is Essex/Made in Chelsea or a new one that will put where I live to shame called The Only Way Is Liverpool or Mersey Shore where they say stuff like this: "Why are they called goats? Because they have goat ears?"-Shudders-

They would have had to ether appeal the ban or cut down on the content that got them banned in the first place.

In all fairness that demon said F-you first. Most people would respond with a F-you back or some vulgarity. Heck I think if a demon ever said F-you like Poison did I think the original Dante would've said F-you back since nobody cursed in the original DMC(except Nero) there was no need for Dante to curse. The only inappropriate F-you so far was when he wrote it on the list & even that was pretty funny due to how it was used. Actually that was the funniest thing I seen from DMC(second to Nero flipping off Dante). I usually never found the old Dante funny, awesome and cool, but rarely funny, he was pretty funny in DMC4 (not funny at all in DMC or DMC2) somewhat funny in DMC3(although most of his jokes had cheesy written all over them). I found Nero to be more funny but its mostly because of how his VA Johnny Young Bosch did well.

Not most people. Some would have come back with a smart comment like Dante would have. Plus when you have the vast amount of words you have in the world it is better if you come out with something different then just "**** YOU!" or "**** off."

Granted I am not against using it but just not all the time.

788Masri

But Stephen Fry makes ANYTHING sound good. He just has a way with words. I mean just the way he says stuff like this:

"Would you be in any way offended if I said that you seem to me to be in every way the visible personification of absolute perfection?"

He got that from a film called The Importance of Being Earnest when Algernon says to Cecily that line but the way he says it is just.........I don't know but you could just listen to him for hours on end. This is the link to the video and the script on the bigthink website where Stephen Fry says this line:

http://bigthink.com/ideas/17867

I would rather have him in place of any show like Jersey Shore/Gordie Shore/The Only Way Is Essex/Made in Chelsea or a new one that will put where I live to shame called The Only Way Is Liverpool or Mersey Shore where they say stuff like this: "Why are they called goats? Because they have goat ears?"-Shudders-

no people like that just have the collective IQ of a pineapple. when THEY swear etc its like watching an over grown toddler. which is both disturbing and infuriating. but fear not. i belive these shows are a clever way of setting up a battle royal/hunger games scenario where we eliminate them from our gene pool. i mean seriously every time i see them i just wanna punch them in their face.

Zargus

Premium
no people like that just have the collective IQ of a pineapple. when THEY swear etc its like watching an over grown toddler. which is both disturbing and infuriating. but fear not. i belive these shows are a clever way of setting up a battle royal/hunger games scenario where we eliminate them from our gene pool. i mean seriously every time i see them i just wanna punch them in their face.

I would have said their IQ was that of a grain of dust. But yer I do know it is because they are really stupid which is why I would rather have a show on with just Stephen Fry talking about things happening in the world.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Thank God! Glad I wasn't the only one^_^

Also, I think everyone should possibly consider this; Does this Dante know the difference between a one liner and an insult? With me I was raised to insult people if I get insulted. I can't think of a smart one liner on the spot. Which was one of the flaws I think this whole "Say only one-liners" bullcrap is coming from. Most people can't think of some smart one liner right on the spot, it takes a few seconds to actually come up with something. Dante wasn't raised to speak one liners every few seconds, he was raised by torture and pain. Maybe the demons use to curse alot thus Dante curses back at them. Unlike the old Dante, this Dante wasn't taught one liners or witty comebacks. He was raised to kill demons and talking on their own level. Plus no demon will take you seriously if you keep talking about parties and getting crazy.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Thank God! Glad I wasn't the only one^_^

Also, I think everyone should possibly consider this; Does this Dante know the difference between a one liner and an insult? With me I was raised to insult people if I get insulted. I can't think of a smart one liner on the spot. Which was one of the flaws I think this whole "Say only one-liners" bullcrap is coming from. Most people can't think of some smart one liner right on the spot, it takes a few seconds to actually come up with something. Dante wasn't raised to speak one liners every few seconds, he was raised by torture and pain. Maybe the demons use to curse alot thus Dante curses back at them. Unlike the old Dante, this Dante wasn't taught one liners or witty comebacks. He was raised to kill demons and talking on their own level. Plus no demon will take you seriously if you keep talking about parties and getting crazy.
No but they might take you seriously the moment you start massacring & decimating them with a huge sword with a skull on its hilt.

TheWall

Maybe a point blank bullet to the face would be better than F you or F off. The problem with that is then the demon is likely dead and he can't react to it like a insult.

Railazel

Okay, so we all get that Dante is immature and that's why he cusses. That's okay and acceptable, but the question is whether people will enjoy playing the game with him being that way?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Okay, so we all get that Dante is immature and that's why he cusses. That's okay and acceptable, but the question is whether people will enjoy playing the game with him being that way?
I know I don't mind. Ive seen my pastor curse more than he did(commonly by accident).

Zargus

Premium

As long as it is not consistently or in every sentence.

Railazel

I know I don't mind. Ive seen my pastor curse more than he did(commonly by accident).

That's funny.

As long as it is not consistently or in every sentence.

But it will be common, and that's usually enough to turn people off. It's the same thing with comedy. Even though comedians don't cuss every other sentence, people still prefer clean comedy because of the lack of cussing.

Zargus

Premium
But it will be common, and that's usually enough to turn people off. It's the same thing with comedy. Even though comedians don't cuss every other sentence, people still prefer clean comedy because of the lack of cussing.

Because clean comedy is in a way smart cause it shows you don't have to swear to be funny. Granted I do like Lee Evens (He swears a lot) but I also like Ken Dodd (Never swears)

It is like most songs now have swearing in never had that many in the 70', 80's compared to now which is a lot.

788Masri

we have characters in games who commit genocide (ok thats ME making them do it but they give me the option so why not), are alcoholic, drug dealers, drug addicts, kill hookers and god knows what else. i honestly DO NOT mind him swearing AT ALL nor do i think anyone should

Zargus

Premium
we have characters in games who commit genocide (ok thats ME making them do it but they give me the option so why not), are alcoholic, drug dealers, drug addicts, kill hookers and god knows what else. i honestly DO NOT mind him swearing AT ALL nor do i think anyone should

Well some people will. Not everyone is the same or has the same tastes or has the same ideals. That is what makes everyone different, makes the world a marvelous place with so many ideas in it and also means that nothing is normal.

With you saying "I honestly DO NOT mind him swearing AT ALL nor do I think anyone should." in my eyes is a bit closed minded because you are saying everyone should be like you and not care. I am not against it in DmC but if it is used in every sentence or nearly all the time it will just be boring to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom