• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Eurogamer videos

IanP32

Hi all,

Ian Higton from Eurogamer here, I think a few of you may have seen my DmC preview videos now, thanks for all the feedback on the YouTube channel if you left it. I have some more gameplay footage which has just gone live on the eurogamer youtueb channel (sorry I can't post the link until i've made 10 posts!) but I still have access to the preview build (the first 10 levels) and am allowed to upload up to 4 mins of gameplay from a single level. Baring that in mind, and the fact that i'm pretty rubbish at the game, is there anything you guys are desperate to see before the game is released and i'll try my best to capture it and upload it for you.

Cheers!

Ian

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Well welcome to the forums and thank you for taking our feedback into your consideration.
Well considering I don't know what all levels there are I would say capture your favorite part of the first 10 missions. :)

Gbraga

Welcome Ian! Thanks for the new footage. As for requests, maybe some secret mission that you liked or something like that, but anything's fine really, you're going through the trouble to give us new footage, it's already something.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Well considering I don't know what all levels there are I would say capture your favorite part of the first 10 missions. :)
Got to say, I like that idea, especially as I too don't know all the levels. :)

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I really liked the footage you gave us Ian it gave a nice little back story of the Nephilim race. Very interesting, so there were more Nephilim but they were hunted down. Thanks again!

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Hi there Ian, welcome to the forums.
Don't take this the wrong way but why did you post this? are you hoping to discuss DmC with us or was it simply for advertisement purposes?

IanP32

Hi there Ian, welcome to the forums.
Don't take this the wrong way but why did you post this? are you hoping to discuss DmC with us or was it simply for advertisement purposes?
A little bit of both really, obviously I want views on the videos but at the same time i'd rather not waste my time showing footage people have already seen - and who better to ask about what to show than the big Devil May Cry fans?

chocolateghost79 I'm just editing up a section of mission 8 which I quite liked, that should also be online by 5pm GMT at the latest, plus i'll be live streaming an hour or so on the day of release.

Gbraga

Are you allowed to elaborate a bit more about the story? I really dig the whole "demons and limbo are metaphors to the forces that control our society like corporations and the media", but I can't help but worry from the trailers that this will be just thrown there to stay on the background while they just make a cheesefest on screen with lots of jokes and a superficial storyline about saving the world from evil.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
A little bit of both really, obviously I want views on the videos but at the same time i'd rather not waste my time showing footage people have already seen - and who better to ask about what to show than the big Devil May Cry fans?

Fair enough, I hope your video receives lots of views.

Are you a fan of combat games or did DmC just spark your interest?

8BitHero

Scrub
Thanks for the footage and welcome to the forums. Nothing against you, but I won't be watching the videos. I'm...restraining myself from spoiling the early gameplay/cutscene footage. There's a lot of articles, videos and images showing the later stuff in-game so, don't wanna ruin it for me.
But Velcome velcome ja ja.

Edit: Dammit I just watched it. So AWESOME! OK last time I spoil myself.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Hi all,

Ian Higton from Eurogamer here, I think a few of you may have seen my DmC preview videos now, thanks for all the feedback on the YouTube channel if you left it. I have some more gameplay footage which has just gone live on the eurogamer youtueb channel (sorry I can't post the link until i've made 10 posts!) but I still have access to the preview build (the first 10 levels) and am allowed to upload up to 4 mins of gameplay from a single level. Baring that in mind, and the fact that i'm pretty rubbish at the game, is there anything you guys are desperate to see before the game is released and i'll try my best to capture it and upload it for you.

Cheers!

Ian

I just wanted to say I liked your preview before on DmC and how honest you were about it :3

But what you mentioned before, with you getting stuck with the platforming sometimes when not being able to see, wouldn't moving the camera into a clearer position help you to see them? o.o

And thanks so much for this preview of Mission 9 ^_^ it was great to get a sneak peak and I look forward to the others.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I think I've said this before but you talk like one of those narrators from Animal Planet and those educational shows.

IanP32

Also, what's your take on the boss battles from what you've played?
The boss battles are really fun, theres a great Succubus demon and fighting demon version of Bob Barbas was very creative and enjoyable. Only been able to play the first part of the game so for though!

IanP32

I just wanted to say I liked your preview before on DmC and how honest you were about it :3

But what you mentioned before, with you getting stuck with the platforming sometimes when not being able to see, wouldn't moving the camera into a clearer position help you to see them? o.o

And thanks so much for this preview of Mission 9 ^_^ it was great to get a sneak peak and I look forward to the others.
Sometimes there are tight corridors and rooms with missing floors, while in heavy combat its hard to adjust the camera so I found my self falling down holes a lot in those circumstances but I didn't show that footage.

IanP32

Are you allowed to elaborate a bit more about the story? I really dig the whole "demons and limbo are metaphors to the forces that control our society like corporations and the media", but I can't help but worry from the trailers that this will be just thrown there to stay on the background while they just make a cheesefest on screen with lots of jokes and a superficial storyline about saving the world from evil.
Well i've only played the first half but what you've said there basically covers it. It may get more deep closer to the end of the game though. The Nephelim part I posted is probably one of the only new pieces of info I could find to post about the story.

Gbraga

The boss battles are really fun, theres a great Succubus demon and fighting demon version of Bob Barbas was very creative and enjoyable. Only been able to play the first part of the game so for though!
Do you know that part of the Hunter Demon fight where you're in a dark place and his weapon comes at you from different places? Can you parry his weapon? Also, can you parry the big hands that come from the ground? If you play that mission with Devil Trigger, does activating Devil Trigger reveal any new grappling spots?

Sorry for asking that many questions, I'm just really curious. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Thank you for taking your time for answering our questions!

Top Bottom